Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Gee, so if one doesn't have a high post count number, his opinion doesn't mean shit, huh? Some of us have better things to do than squat on internet forums all day long trying to come up with pithy little comments we think make us seem "cool."
    I think what he meant was the guy hasn't bought/sold on the site. In which case the free membership is all he needs anyway. So why complain?

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Good Afternoon,
    I just wanted to put my 2 cents like everyone else. I'm glad that we are going to this it will keep the spammers and others out. As i don't have a lot of posts on here and i live on the other side of the state. I do enjoy this site very much and have gotten a few thing's on here, as soon as i get the info from Skidoo i will send my money in sense i dont use play as of yet. just wanted to say thank you to everyone that makes this site work. when me and my family move over to that side of the state in 3 years I hope to really get active with you guys and help anyway i can.
    Will

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I'm still debating if I'm going to give it a quarter or not.

I'm new here but I represent a small, yet important, minority of people who come on here for the exclusive purposes of buying and selling. I'm a good guy and a very active participant on the classifieds. There was even a point where my feedback was almost equal to my post count, although it's been erased.

I understand the need to generate capital and I wish you the best, but in making this a pay to play site you're excluding the very type of people which drove the mechanism which made this site a viable alternative to gunbroker, AR15, glocktalk, and gunsamerica.

I'm certainly not downplaying the camaraderie of the members and the wealth of information which makes this site worth the money BUT for people like me, who use this site to negate a stupid WA state tax on online firearm purchases, it'll be time to move on.

There are plenty of clicky local firearm hometown forums. There is a seemingly never ending supply of technical firearm information. What this site brought to the table for me was a local equipment exchange with a feedback system.

Cheers, JoW

Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

I just feel if we r paying for a service it changes the rules a bit for us just thought they may want to address it. If they think it's a pain in the ass running a free site cause of all the bullshit wait till a few hundred guys feel entitled cause they payed. It changes a lot of variables.

1911 because it does in 7 what takes a glock 13

Feedback Score
    331 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus of Walmart View Post

I'm new here but I represent a small, yet important, minority of people who come on here for the exclusive purposes of buying and selling. I'm a good guy and a very active participant on the classifieds. There was even a point where my feedback was almost equal to my post count, although it's been erased.

I understand the need to generate capital and I wish you the best, but in making this a pay to play site you're excluding the very type of people which drove the mechanism which made this site a viable alternative to gunbroker, AR15, glocktalk, and gunsamerica.

I'm certainly not downplaying the camaraderie of the members and the wealth of information which makes this site worth the money BUT for people like me, who use this site to negate a stupid WA state tax on online firearm purchases, it'll be time to move on.

There are plenty of clicky local firearm hometown forums. There is a seemingly never ending supply of technical firearm information. What this site brought to the table for me was a local equipment exchange with a feedback system.

Cheers, JoW
    So I have stayed out of this whole debate until now, but can't do it any longer. Here are a few food for thought items for everyone that is opposed to the new format.
    You don't have to "Pay to Play". The site is still free to look at, PM sellers, and see if there are good deals you want.
    The only time you pay is if you want to sell something. So mark it up $6, and you're good for 3 months of selling as well.
    Sure people will leave on principle. It will happen. If you like it here, $24 for a year or $6 for 3 months is worth it.

There is no need IMHO for anyone on either side of this debate to bother to post here at all. It is what it is.
    If you paid to be here, leave it at that and get on to your normal course of action.
    If you choose not to pay to be here, so be it, and just move on to another site once the new policy goes into effect.
    Talking about it from either side won't do much good. The payers will never convince the non-payers it's a good deal.
    Take from the site what you will, make your choice, and move on.
    The few "Ideas" that were posted helped keep a better form of membership and kept more options free. I respect that.
    Bitching from either side as to good or bad is just ridiculous.
    No need to beat on guys who see no value in it, and no need to say parting words if you don't like what is going on.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sagewa View Post
    So I have stayed out of this whole debate until now, but can't do it any longer. Here are a few food for thought items for everyone that is opposed to the new format.
    You don't have to "Pay to Play". The site is still free to look at, PM sellers, and see if there are good deals you want.
    The only time you pay is if you want to sell something. So mark it up $6, and you're good for 3 months of selling as well.
    Sure people will leave on principle. It will happen. If you like it here, $24 for a year or $6 for 3 months is worth it.
    So if you don't pay and subscribe you still can post in all forums EXCEPT the classified section? I thought you could not post at all in any forum, only read if you did not subscribe.

Damon
    IDPA Safety Officer
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    My Multi Camera, Multi Angle Match Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/dmonwai
    “Always be involved To Learn, To Teach, and To Share, what you are passionate about.”

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Silver membership: Default membership. Entire forum will be viewable, but you wont be able to post or create a thread in the forums, but you will have 20 pm's and the ability to pm any seller, so you can still buy from the site, you just cant post in a thread or create threads. You will also be able to use the itrader rating system. To sell an item, an upgrade will be required. This is a limited access membership. Cost for this membership is Free.

Gold Membership: Paid subscription membership. You get the silver membership, plus the ability to post a thread in all viewable forums. You also can post in any discussion forum thread. You get 400 combined pm's, ability to buy and sell on the boards, avatars, profile pics, itrader rating system and signature lines. The platinum group forum and the moderator forums will not be viewable. Cost for this membership is $6.00 per 90 days.

Platinum Membership: Paid subscription membership. You get the gold membership, plus the ability to post in all forums including the classified section (if platinum rules are followed), 600 combined pm's, thread highlighter, private discussion forum, photo album and the ability to upload attachments. Chat room soon to come will be another perk to this membership. Moderator forums will not be viewable. Cost for this membership is $25.00 per 90 days.

All board rules apply to all memberships and paid subscriptions are non refundable.

To join a paid subscription, the "paid subscriptions" can be found in your setting area or your pm notification area, they are located on the left hand side in the "my account" section. The paid subscriptions are done through paypal. For established members who dont have a paypal account, can contact "Skidoo" to discuss paying by mail, a annual subscription will be required if paying by mail.

Never forget that determination is it's own weapon.
    I have alot of obscure garbage info stuck in my head.
    http://cloescombatfirearms.vpweb.com/default.html

Sniper
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)

It's $6. Online buying you have transfer fee, shipping, possibly other fees and the dreaded sales tax! It can get into the $100's. Local FFL buying you have sales tax as well. I think what the owner is doing makes sense. It shouldn't drive people away because there is still the option to not pay and participate to a certain level. If you want more, you pay a little bit. You want more than that, you pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus of Walmart View Post

Cheers, JoW

Last edited by Urban X; 07-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Here's my two cents and as you can see I haven't been on the site that long or had to much to say so take it or leave it makes no difference to me.
    I am more than happy to pay. In this short amount of time the forum has facilitated my selling or trading 4 guns. I donated prior to selling any of them because I recognized the work that goes into running something like this and the opportunity it gave me to buy/sell, learn and share knowledge. Sure I could have listed my guns in the local classified adds, but what kind of readership interested in guns does it have? I for one don't know and didn't want to spend the money to figure it out. I probably would have spent more running adds elsewhere. Irrespective of why your on here it's a bargin in my book.

Nighthawk GRP 9mm, Sig P239 .40, Sig 1911-22, Interarms Walther PPK/S
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown, Howa 1500 300WSM, Beretta 3901, DB380, LWRC M6A2-DEA, LCRx, 4095TS, 995TS, RIA 1911 .45 Govt, ATI FX 1911 GI .45.

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Oh ya, I almost forgot. Am I the only one that reads JB's posts in John Goodmans voice? Non of the other posts read with any particular voice. That was way off topic.

Last edited by PaPat; 07-05-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Nighthawk GRP 9mm, Sig P239 .40, Sig 1911-22, Interarms Walther PPK/S
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown, Howa 1500 300WSM, Beretta 3901, DB380, LWRC M6A2-DEA, LCRx, 4095TS, 995TS, RIA 1911 .45 Govt, ATI FX 1911 GI .45.