Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to deal with Newbies...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

How to deal with Newbies...

After seeing a thread(that went away rather quickly), I think we need some way of making SGN a bit more welcoming for newbies now that we have the pay-for posting in the classified... The OP in that thread was not too happy about that, but I see the reasons behind having the system... with the need for more money for operations and activities because we have grown so large and the servers now actually costing alot of money to run...

So I am suggesting we have something were you get either 1 classified ad when you first join so you know that this site can help you greatly when you need money/trade for a new toy, or say one month free gold... it may be something that can help those see how great the community is and make them want to pay the 2 dollars per month to help us out and maintain the abilities of gold...

Moved out of WA will still hang around! Have any questions feel free to PM me!

Feedback Score
    331 (100%)

Re: How to deal with Newbies...

I agree on a lot of the points, but first and foremost, our current members need to be more inviting and helpful to new members.
    Navigating a new site can be difficult, and people need help through the first few days.
    Try welcoming new members, and answering questions without jumping on them.

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

I remember my very first WTS post here on SGN, I got freaking BLASTED! And BTW I still do not sit on folding chairs in my living room!

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sagewa View Post
    I agree on a lot of the points, but first and foremost, our current members need to be more inviting and helpful to new members.
    Navigating a new site can be difficult, and people need help through the first few days.
    Try welcoming new members, and answering questions without jumping on them.
    Really agree on this. Try pointing people to the exact answer instead of just a general area/huge list of threads making them dig. Not trying to say hold their hand or anything but i've seen it a few times where people kind of overreact then don't even provide a simple answer.

Why are the guys with guns afraid? We've got the guns. Shouldn't everyone else be afraid?
    paying for censorship.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    I remember my very first WTS post here on SGN, I got freaking BLASTED! And BTW I still do not sit on folding chairs in my living room!
    I mainly bought from here until about 6 moths ago when I started to sell... I think I have had 20 or so transactions but lost track of them so that is why the new feedback only shows 8 for me...

Banned
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You sit down when you pee. Don't let me catch you standing up to pee.

Tactical Operator Freelancer1972's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    You still get blasted

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter View Post
    You sit down when you pee. Don't let me catch you standing up to pee.
    What?!

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer1972 View Post
    You still get blasted
    This is very true.

Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

We don't have the ability to set stuff up like that. It would have to be manually done and that isn't going to happen. With the new mod I installed last night it forces ALL members new or old to read the guidelines, preferred methods of contact, the tiered subscription thread and the how to on buying a subscription.

There is no excuse for NOT knowing how to do any of the things contained within those threads. If new members choose to skip over the info they will pay the price by having their ads deleted, infractions issued and banned if necessary. We are all adults well into the technology age and because of that everyone should be expected to follow the rules presented to them in plain English.

For those members that feel the need to bash new members, flip them shit give sarcastic or otherwise unhelpful advice and the staff catches you, you will receive a vacation. We also keep very close notes on ALL members so we know how many times you have been politely asked to do something, how many times you have been warned, how many infractions and how many temp bans. You only get so many chances before we WILL ban you permanently regardless of who you are. Might I say some of you are walking a very thin line.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."