Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with Newbies...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Re: How to deal with Newbies...

It might be more inviting to stop referring to new members as "noobs" or "newbies". Those terms are most often associated with something negative and meant as a sort of insult. IMHO

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Thats too bad that is something that cant be set-up as it would be great... but I agree with your thing about welcoming people now bashing them... (Unless its something like that "Straight outa Yakima" guy a while back that was freaking hilarious...)

Moved out of WA will still hang around! Have any questions feel free to PM me!

Tactical Operator Freelancer1972's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by embo622 View Post
    It might be more inviting to stop referring to new members as "noobs" or "newbies". Those terms are most often associated with something negative and meant as a sort of insult. IMHO
    I'll call em boobs if they're female.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by embo622 View Post
    In a community that happens to deal with a federally controlled thing such as firearms sometimes we have to be on edge as we dont necessarily know if some guy has a FA gun that he is trying to sell.... some Fed trying to make a name for himself by "busting someone selling guns"... or some gang banger trying to get a gun for a crime... so some of the apprehension is justifiable, but not to the extent some go through... we just are lucky to have such active mods to deal with people like a described...

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I don't know. I came here, referred by a friend, to look up a viable price for a pistol. What I saw was a board that had a lot of info. Then, I lurked for almost a year. Reading threads, learning to navigate, and watching how established members conducted themselves and constructed their ads. I came to understand this is a 'place'. By that, I mean it is no different than your local bar or haunt. There will be a certain amount of assimilation that needs to be done. IF you want to hang, participate, AND contribute. I'm still working on the contribution part. Not too many need my skill set lol.

I still say a lot of the 'assimilation' needs to be on the newcomer. I'd definately help one if I could. I got some help from members but, most of my ducks were in a line before I dared my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    You're under the misconception that they will give you $100 for it. In reality is says "up to $100" so it's quite possible they would only offer you a $10 or $20 gift card. Way to sell your soul though.

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains89 View Post
    I don't know. I came here, referred by a friend, to look up a viable price for a pistol. What I saw was a board that had a lot of info. Then, I lurked for almost a year. Reading threads, learning to navigate, and watching how established members conducted themselves and constructed their ads. I came to understand this is a 'place'. By that, I mean it is no different than your local bar or haunt. There will be a certain amount of assimilation that needs to be done. IF you want to hang, participate, AND contribute. I'm still working on the contribution part. Not too many need my skill set lol.

I still say a lot of the 'assimilation' needs to be on the newcomer. I'd definately help one if I could. I got some help from members but, most of my ducks were in a line before I dared my first post.
    I should have followed that advice before I jumped in head first............................................O well look where Im at now, everyone hates me so in my eyes MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I love you man.

Mission: FAILED

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    You're under the misconception that they will give you $100 for it. In reality is says "up to $100" so it's quite possible they would only offer you a $10 or $20 gift card. Way to sell your soul though.

Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains89 View Post
    I love you man.

Mission: FAILED
    Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just say you voted for Obama... everyone will hate you for sure...

Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sportsbud View Post
    Just say you voted for Obama... everyone will hate you for sure...
    I was gonna say WAC BOD member that voted for the DOR directive.