Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with Newbies...

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Re: How to deal with Newbies...

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    I was gonna say WAC BOD member that voted for the DOR directive.
    Thatd get ya hated, AND start a new WAC thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    You're under the misconception that they will give you $100 for it. In reality is says "up to $100" so it's quite possible they would only offer you a $10 or $20 gift card. Way to sell your soul though.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by embo622 View Post
    It might be more inviting to stop referring to new members as "noobs" or "newbies". Those terms are most often associated with something negative and meant as a sort of insult. IMHO
    Quiet NOOB! Just kidding. The term newb/newbie/noob/etc is simply just a techy term. It has no negative connotation. It just simply means you are new. It's no different than saying "Hey, have you met the new guy?"

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

I like the term "Cherry" for new guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sagewa View Post
    I agree on a lot of the points, but first and foremost, our current members need to be more inviting and helpful to new members.
    Navigating a new site can be difficult, and people need help through the first few days.
    Try welcoming new members, and answering questions without jumping on them.
    I have sent over a half dozen messages to new members giving them advice on how to post pics etc....., only received one reply..

Quote Originally Posted by sagewa View Post
    Hell, I have to hit it with a rubber mallet, and even then it only gets hard in the middle

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

I am not going to get too in depth on this, but it really irritates me when I see threads that bust newbies chops, usually right after they post a thread so we all know who it was. How shitty is that? Would you like that to happen to you? We were all new here once and sure most of us F'd up in the beginning. Something everyone needs to remember, without new members, there are less guns to buy, less people to sell guns to. People come and go here, we need new members to cover the attrition and for the site to grow and flourish. Try being helpful when you see a new guy who needs a lil guidance, who knows, you may feel good about yourself for not being an ass to him and he may remember that and sell his good deal item to you instead of someone else some day. I am also sure none of us want guys going around telling all their gun loving friends to avoid SGN because we are a bunch of pricks. Try being nice, it will make this a better place for all of us, new or old.

SGN Chicken Fried Steak Crusader's Avatar
    A secret location high above the metropolis of Everett
    Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

Lord if I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Banned
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo View Post
    I am not going to get too in depth on this, but it really irritates me when I see threads that bust newbies chops, usually right after they post a thread so we all know who it was. How shitty is that? Would you like that to happen to you? We were all new here once and sure most of us F'd up in the beginning. Something everyone needs to remember, without new members, there are less guns to buy, less people to sell guns to. People come and go here, we need new members to cover the attrition and for the site to grow and flourish. Try being helpful when you see a new guy who needs a lil guidance, who knows, you may feel good about yourself for not being an ass to him and he may remember that and sell his good deal item to you instead of someone else some day. I am also sure none of us want guys going around telling all their gun loving friends to avoid SGN because we are a bunch of pricks. Try being nice, it will make this a better place for all of us, new or old.
    ^This +1

and make sure they sit down when they pee. Don't LET me catch you standing up to pee.

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

this is the reason i joined sgn,because of the involvement,the free info,the knowledge is endless,if you just look.they will adapt , remember when t.v. was free,now you pay, they will come around and learn , we just need to keep faith and lead them a little.

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Today's the day we are gonna win!!!!
    I could only make out about a third of what he was saying, but I liked it.

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Quiet NOOB! Just kidding. The term newb/newbie/noob/etc is simply just a techy term. It has no negative connotation. It just simply means you are new. It's no different than saying "Hey, have you met the new guy?"
    Actually, there is a small aside to that.

Newb or Newbie is a new person with no experience. Generally viewed as the good side.

Noob or noobie is the person who knows better but still does it wrong, it carries the negative connotation.

Thus ends todays geek session on newb vs noob. Back to your regular topic.

Last edited by calhoun1; 07-10-2012 at 08:00 PM.