Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to deal with Newbies...

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Re: How to deal with Newbies...

I have done over 20 transaction now from this site, but with all this new site change and now we have to PAY to post. You guys need to relax with your little club here. Most of the guys I have done trades/sales/buys all agree that its almost impossible to have a smooth and honest transaction. In fact most all of them including me are noobs who could have great value add to this site but don't feel very welcome so we just use it for what it was made for. Cheap way to buy and sell guns period.

I understand you may have put your messages in front of us but its easy to miss. I just found out today, that its now pay to post? And I check this site multi times a day... I am just as frustrated as the next guy when I see a wonky, lazy and photo less post. But I am not going to BLAST the guy for it.

I was excited when I first joined and I wanted to be apart of this group and build up my post and feedback to show my status, then to have it all wash away and now turns out you just want money. I wouldn't mind signing up if I new the money was going to the admin for his time, I don't want to pay for function or group events unless I attend them. Plus the only good deals I have received on here are from new members like myself who understand that a used Glock is not worth more then a new just because you have two extra mags with it!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Sorry you feel that way man. It was a madhouse here for awhile. Nobody was real hip to the change and it came out in droves. I personally only lost about a dozen feedback but we all got who we could remember. I actually took advantage of the mele to dive in. They have done ALOT of revamping to the membership levels too. Don't be to hasty, stick around, it's getting better all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    You're under the misconception that they will give you $100 for it. In reality is says "up to $100" so it's quite possible they would only offer you a $10 or $20 gift card. Way to sell your soul though.

Feedback Score

First post here... I am a member of many gun sites only because I own a few and want to keep current. Yes, I have the 'gotta buy syndrome' once in a while... On another site, I was asking for a price check for a S&W 442 with 10 rds through it plus holster.
    One of the SGN members posted about this site and provided me needed info I was looking for so I am checking out SGN.

I did get a little frustrated with the multiple forum threads from Admin I had to navigate through before I was actually able to read the actual forum. (I think it could be cut back a little... want to flame, no problem.)

Some good stuff: nice job on the format and all the forums cover just about anything gun related. I know its a hard job since I am the Admin for a worldwide boating site. So I appreciate the work that goes into this site to maintain. The mods seem to do a good job and it looks like this site is not a wild west show like some gun sites are.

Suggestions: I set up a "political pundits" forum on my boating site and password protected it. The password is right on the forum thread and the reason is so those that don't want to view the politics or gross jokes, they need not use the password and will never see that area. (I run my boating site using VBulletin as well so I know it is an easy fix).

Another suggestion is to set up a "Newbee" forum so those of us can introduce ourselves. If there is one on here, I certainly missed it...

Now some info on your truly... I'll post that in another forum area...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Where I used to work, the noobies were known as FUNGS, short for Effin New Guy.

You were treated as the lowly FUNG, until someone else was hired and you were no longer the FUNG.

Oh, it was so good when you were the FUNG and they hired a new FUNG.

I was lucky, they hired a guy a week after me, so I only had one week of hell.

The last guy in before the hiring freeze had a bad time of it.

Last edited by bigzdawg; 09-23-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I just joined about 3 weeks ago, and love this place. I already bought a rifle and am on every day. My only complaint was that i couldnt post in the WTB section without a membership- but i understand about the cost of running a web site. Ill end up getting a membership soon.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by birel21y View Post
    I just joined about 3 weeks ago, and love this place. I already bought a rifle and am on every day. My only complaint was that i couldnt post in the WTB section without a membership- but i understand about the cost of running a web site. Ill end up getting a membership soon.
    Sounds like it's working.

And welcome back zombie thread!

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yep, about 2 min after i posted that. LOL

Zombie thread? Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Sounds like it's working.

And welcome back zombie thread!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by birel21y View Post
    Yep, about 2 min after i posted that. LOL

Zombie thread? Huh???
    Yea this thread went dead several months ago... so its back from the dead aka. Zombie Thread... lol

Moved out of WA will still hang around! Have any questions feel free to PM me!