Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver member PM's

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Re: Silver member PM's

No one is being "run" over as you say. I think a large part of these threads where people get their feelings hurt is because they read too far into what I am saying. I'm not angry or in an attack mode when I post. I am simply and calmly stating an opinion. Sometimes I used smileys and other times I don't. I don't feel that I need a disclaimer saying "please don't be offended by what I type." I know every frustrated opinion is not directed at me also. In fact almost none of them ever are. They are directed at the site. I am the site Administrator and therefor respond to almost every thread that is site related. Who would you like to respond to a site related post? A general members who likely doesn't know the facts or a person who was involved in the implementation of site or rule changes?

It was not a terrible analogy either. It was spot on. I didn't say "he" intended to be loud and obnoxious, rude or disrespectful. That's precisely why I used an analogy. He made the comment that since he is a paying member there should be NO rules. How is that a logical or reasonable idea in any way what so ever? So guys that can't/won't pay have to obey the rules but paying members get to ignore them all and send the board in to chaos? That would be EXACTLY what silver members have voiced concerns about. They have voiced concerns that silver members will be treated as second class citizens now, their voices won't be heard and their opinions won't matter. This could not be farther from the truth and that is EXACTLY why EVERYONE follows the same rules. The owner, myself and the mods ALL follow the same board rules as everyone else. I do not feel and am not entitled to break the rules, bump my thread early or anything else just because I can or because I am the Admin. ALL the members of SGN are held to the same standard. Regardless of my status as Admin I am a member here first and foremost.

It's just ridiculous to me that someone would think that they are a paying member of this board that they should be exempt from any of the rules or expectations here. Not to mention under his own admittance he was commenting on something he didn't even know was correct or not. There are ZERO added restrictions to the Platinum member group as I stated. We just make it clear that since they are given the ability to post in sales threads we do not want useless banter, "nice gun", "wish I had the money", "bump for a nice guy", etc type of comments in the sales threads.

As for your comment: "TA: Allow me to say this without retaliation but your strong opinions & stance often conflict with your position." Again just proves that people read my posts and think that I am angry or aggressive. What part of your post would make you think I would "retaliate?" All the members on this board are free to discuss concerns, ask questions or even question decisions made by the staff. No one is at risk for being banned if it is done in a respectful way. Not because we are staff but because we are members. We ask that all our members be kind and respectful to each other as much as possible. Also would you care to elaborate on the latter half of that comment? How do my opinions and stance conflict with my position?

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    173 (100%)

Money = No Rules........... Bienvenido a Mexico!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by conehead5887 View Post
    I still think if i paid for the "platinum" membership ohter than common sense there should be NO rules.
    TA: I believe our interpretations of what he meant by "NO rules" differ.

I don't believe the context of your analogy represents what he meant.

Outside of that i agree & have no issue with what's been said.

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Why are the guys with guns afraid? We've got the guns. Shouldn't everyone else be afraid?
    paying for censorship.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    TA: I believe our interpretations of what he meant by "NO rules" differ.

I don't believe the context of your analogy represents what he meant.

Outside of that i agree & have no issue with what's been said.
    You know what...you may be correct. After reading it a third time I think he meant there should be no rules for the Platinum section and not the board as a whole. If that's the case than that's one thing. However there are "no rules" for the Platinum section except that we don't want people posting random crap in the sales threads. That has always been a board wide rule but became mute when we prevented ALL members from posting in the sales section. Now that we have opened that option up to the Platinum members we wanted to stress to them that it is not okay to post useless comments in the threads because it prematurely bumps the ad when it's not needed.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

my inbox is cleaned out now. even though i read, I didnt figure this out until i saw the thread as a recent post

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, I had to delete about all of my messages. Didn't realize that people were responding to my shotgun ad when I got the messages full e-mails. I should have read them better. And of course, my shotgun ad, made prior to the payment stuff, is locked so I can't change or delete it now until I make payment? So, now I'm thinking the whole payment thing over. Be forced to pay to have ads or go to Northwestfirearms who has the same service for free..... The bummer for this site is that members aren't going to get the same opportunity to obtain weapons because a lot of silver members can't list them and are going to walk. I think it may hurt the site in the long run.