Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how many times do we need to be forced to read the same posts before we can view stuff....?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo View Post
    This doesnt go out to the admins, but I am getting a few emails from guys who cant get past it after reading it, how are you guys getting back onto the site?
    You have go through a couple ones. It looks the same, but they are different. After u read them it will let you in
    Winning duh!!!

Re: how many times do we need to be forced to read the same posts before we can view stuff....?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo View Post
    This doesnt go out to the admins, but I am getting a few emails from guys who cant get past it after reading it, how are you guys getting back onto the site?
    I too have heard this. I think it's because users are not refreshing &/or clicking the link enough times, because it actually points to several different posts, even though it appears (before clicking) to be repeating the same thing over again. The other day (on the last run) this all but dumped the user base off the forum from posting.

It'd be great if such things pointed to one area &/or thread. Or at least the primary re-direct link stated that it needs to be followed more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Why are the guys with guns afraid? We've got the guns. Shouldn't everyone else be afraid?
    paying for censorship.

Re: how many times do we need to be forced to read the same posts before we can view stuff....?

I have legitimately seen the same one come in twice. It's happened to me twice, using Chrome. It'll have me read the first notice twice. Then it will let me read the 2nd and 3rd notice.
    144 Americans have died in Afghanistan in 2012. 228 Chicago residents have been killed in the same period.
    The War on Terror: Safer than Chicago.

I bet guys are not clicking all the threads, just the one and it then wont let them in. Thanks for the info, I will pass it on to the guys having issues.

Clicking does not equal READING the damn things!!!
    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

what i was getting at is:
    originally, i got routed to viewing the manditory posts when they were first laid down by Brandon and Norm... ok, fine. great idea for people who cant figure shit out...

well, a week or so goes by, and i get routed directly to the same posts again when i logged in. I though... ok, maybe they were updated. no big issue.
    this has happened at least 10 times in total, and I just figured it was weird that it kept happening.

Like i said though, this has mainly been via Internet Explorer, not via firefox. I think it was just the first time that i was routed there after login with firefox. Each time, I have gone through all of them.
    Perhaps i'm just lucky, or maybe it has something to do with cookies and IE? I don't know, I just figured I would bring it up. It's not a huge issue. It isn't necessarily the computer, because my workstation in my office does it as well as my laptop and desktop at home (if i use IE at home too).
    Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....

The first time it happened twice as I was modifying the plug in. It happened again a week or so ago because I reset them all since I was getting an influx of "How to I post a sale ad here?" There are 4 threads you are required to read. The rules thread, the thread about who to contact on the site if you have any issues, the thread about the tiered membership and the tutorial on how to upgrade your membership.

For those of you that are being forced to read it over and over again it could be because you are using different browsers. When I used the test user to check everything I was only asked to read each thread once. Once I actually read the 4 threads I was never asked to read them again unless I reset the system.
    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    The first time it happened twice as I was modifying the plug in. It happened again a week or so ago because I reset them all since I was getting an influx of "How to I post a sale ad here?" There are 4 threads you are required to read. The rules thread, the thread about who to contact on the site if you have any issues, the thread about the tiered membership and the tutorial on how to upgrade your membership.

For those of you that are being forced to read it over and over again it could be because you are using different browsers. When I used the test user to check everything I was only asked to read each thread once. Once I actually read the 4 threads I was never asked to read them again unless I reset the system.
    Yeah, TA
    I think it is the way that IE's cookies settings are. I don't typically use IE. Not having the issue on firefox.
    Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....