Thread: Thread Rating (for mods)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thread Rating (for mods)

Norm,

Just a simple suggestion. I have seen quite a few random drive by thread (star) ratings on ads. I would like to suggest that you change this from being anonymous to putting the rating members name on there. There are two major reasons but I am sure there are more.

1. If you are going to rate an ad you should rate it the same either way if your name is on there or not. If you think it's piss poor pricing or a deal and you rate it that way then have a nut sack and put your name on there.

2. Having names on ratings could eliminate competitive poor ratings.

3. If you have a douche who still rates ads improperly after adding the names to ratings, then I am sure some folks would sign up to be platinum just to pay the bastard back!

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Re: Thread Rating (for mods)

So to me it seems like you are upset that your HK thread got rated one star and you just want to know who did it. For exactly that reason I think it's good that people can't see who rated what. There are hacks for vbulletin that allows the staff to see who rated a thread and how they rated it but that's pretty much useless.

The bottom line here is that if your threads keep getting low ratings, maybe you need to work on the layout of the sales ad or your price. The better idea though would be to ignore the ratings all together. I know that if the item was something I wanted and I thought it was a fair price I certainly wouldn't let a single star rating stop me from buying it.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    173 (100%)

This actually happened to me recently...but I think people are just sick of seeing my ad for a KICK ASS SEAHAWKS PORTABLE BAR.....granted...it has been up for 3 months...but it's getting colder and I know someone will want that baby in their garage to get smashed....worst case scenario is that this thing does not sell and it gets loaded full of tannerite and becomes a sweet youtube video....

But if you are looking for a KICK ASS SEAHAWKS PORTABLE BAR...you can find one here:

http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...400&highlight=

"Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Tactical Operator Freelancer1972's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    86 (100%)

LOL....no shame

A six year old’s perspective on why dogs lives such shortlives…“People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life—likeloving everybody all the time and being nice, right?...Well, dogs already knowhow to do that, so they don’t need to stay as long.” - Shane

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

I rate threads 1 star for a ridiculous price, no pics, info, location, if theyre trying to trade a glock for a les baer (which ive seen many times here) or if they flat out lie about what they paid for something trying to give a higher value then they should.

Or.....and this really irks me.

You buy a $1,000 AR. Buy a $250 aftermarket barrel. Then you sell the rifle and claim you want $1250 since thats what you have in it but arent including the original barrel. Its bullshit sneaky tactics that get a 1 star from me all day.

Fwiw- i see nothing wrong with your ad really in terms of price, info, etc.

Also, anyone who lets their decision be swayed by a thread rating probably shouldnt own guns anyway.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have never rated a WTS post. Nor do I care what any post is rated or not rated.

It's the buyers responsibilty to educate himself with the info he needs to make a smart purchase.

If someone wants to overpay alittle to get instant gratification ... so be it. If the seller just lost his job and has a gun priced well below market value to get quick funds for rent ... so be it.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
    I have never rated a WTS post. Nor do I care what any post is rated or not rated.

It's the buyers responsibilty to educate himself with the info he needs to make a smart purchase.

If someone wants to overpay alittle to get instant gratification ... so be it. If the seller just lost his job and has a gun priced well below market value to get quick funds for rent ... so be it.
    AMEN to that! People put a little too much thought into the ratings and stuff around here.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

LOL! Someone gave this one star! Now that shit is funny.

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

Haha, that is funny. Actually it was 2 people. I gave it a 5 just now and it bumped it up to just 2 stars overall instead of 3 so the average is less than a 1 and 5. Lol. Good laugh after work.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Any press is good press. I'm more likely to look at a rated thread, even 1 star. Gotta see what's wrong with it.

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/