Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alarm system recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by landpimp View Post
    ask your cop buddy what he knows about Sonitrol.....my bet is he will tell you something different
    Sonitrol is pricey. Awesome service but typically only affordable for businesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by molon.labe View Post
    you are so high speed.
    Upset about 594? Donate to the Second Amendment Foundation

Re: Alarm system recommendations

One evening, I decided I was going to relax with a few drinks.... I set the alarm, because I was home by myself like I normally do. A few (while) later, I need something out in the garage, and forget that I had set the alarm.. Needless to say, I couldn't enter the correct number if my life depended on it.. Don't know why either... I did have a nice conversation with the lady from the alarm company, (I did remember the word we use to let them know everything is okay..) My neighbors came over.. a bit later, after the alarm shut off... (it shuts off after 5 minutes) and laughed with me about being inebriated to the point I couldn't enter the correct code for the alarm...

most do......Sonitrol does not......they hear the people in the house! its freaky but awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Afecks View Post
    His point was that with monitoring systems, they call you to rule out a false alarm before they dispatch police.
    Truth is a torch that shines through the fog without dispelling it. Always be true to your work, your word, & your friends, & you will never live a day without peace

yes it can be, I think I have 4-5K in my system but it was worth every $, along with all the other bits, I have a special siren.....its not quite legal I hear......makes your brain all screwed up.

We have used it for well over 20 years in offices and my folks homes......for me there was no other option

Quote Originally Posted by benja455 View Post
    Sonitrol is pricey. Awesome service but typically only affordable for businesses.
    Truth is a torch that shines through the fog without dispelling it. Always be true to your work, your word, & your friends, & you will never live a day without peace

Expert Marksman

SimpliSafe is the best. No contracts, no requirements, control my system from my phone and completely wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by landpimp View Post
    ask your cop buddy what he knows about Sonitrol.....my bet is he will tell you something different
    So true on Sonitrol. They have top notch monitoring 24/7 and have been doing it for a long time.
    Last edited by Urban X; 10-14-2012 at 12:13 AM.