Thread: paying membership fees

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

paying membership fees

It would be a boost to paid subscriptions if you included information on how to pay by check next to the pay pal choice to pay. Maybe make it a minimum membership of 6 months if paid by check as opposed to 3 months if paying by paypal. I do not want a paypal account and I would venture to say niether does a lot of old members that do not post in SGN since the change. Let me know what you think?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Re: paying membership fees

I think you can do it as a one-time thing without creating an account. Am I wrong?

Your = something that belongs to you; You're = You are

Loose = not tight; Lose = to not have or find

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

The "Tiered membership" thread in the reference section includes paying by check option and is a required read for new members and has been sent out to all members a couple months ago. There is no way for me to add that info to the membership sign up section. Anyone wishing to pay by check, is welcome to do so and can contact me for mailing info.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

here simple code to do it

<p> pay by check send to: SGN PO Box XXXX Seattle, WA 12345</p>

It is that easy. Just place code in correct place

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I think the idea is to recover some of the costs already expended for the site. Adding the cost of a P.O. Box would be antithetical to that.

And you can't blame a guy for not wanting to put his personal addy on an open forum.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

last night i signed up for gold membership through paypal an, it still says im silver status. is there a delay? or did i do something wrong? i've looked at all the threads explaining membership an havent seen anything about a delay. is this normal? also i used my girlfriends paypal(since i dont have one) is that going to be a problem?

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AntonDRehling View Post
    here simple code to do it

<p> pay by check send to: SGN PO Box XXXX Seattle, WA 12345</p>

It is that easy. Just place code in correct place
    It's not that easy. All that code would do would be to make a separate line with an address to send it to. The <p> are for paragraphing down. Also by members contacting Skidoo directly there is a copy of the username, how long their subscription should be and of what type. With just an address to send checks to people would likely forget to include the details needed to process the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthehunter View Post
    last night i signed up for gold membership through paypal an, it still says im silver status. is there a delay? or did i do something wrong? i've looked at all the threads explaining membership an havent seen anything about a delay. is this normal? also i used my girlfriends paypal(since i dont have one) is that going to be a problem?
    Using your girlfriends PayPal account shouldn't be an issue. There can be a delay depending on the type of payment method used via PayPal and server speeds. If you are not gold by this evening touch base with Skidoo or myself.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    It's not that easy. All that code would do would be to make a separate line with an address to send it to. The <p> are for paragraphing down. Also by members contacting Skidoo directly there is a copy of the username, how long their subscription should be and of what type. With just an address to send checks to people would likely forget to include the details needed to process the subscription.

Using your girlfriends PayPal account shouldn't be an issue. There can be a delay depending on the type of payment method used via PayPal and server speeds. If you are not gold by this evening touch base with Skidoo or myself.

ok will do! thanks for clearing that up for me.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

You can pay without using a Paypal account

Just a credit card is needed.

"They don't trust themselves with guns, so no one else should have them as well." - Urban X