Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Posting in for sale ads

  1. #11
    Sniper h2obouget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Renton
    Posts
    5,007
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    Jessecain1 your logic follows the idea that people have, have thought to find out, or care about that information.
    Your idea of what should be there and mine may differ, so it will never be perfect.

    In many ways, this is like the age old, "For Sale Ads should have pics!" which is a very old, and VERY DEAD argument around here. I don't suggest restarting it...I think the topic now automatically comes with a Ban-Hammer.

    The rules are what they are. Live with it as is, or just walk away.

    Many of us routinely skip ads that lack enough detail to even catch our interest.



  2. #12
    Patrolman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,161
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    FWIW I actually prefer not being able to post in ads. I don't even think paid members should be able to do it. I had a couple of ads that got crapped on by some members who thought they could jip me on my stuff (severe lowballing, like claiming they could buy a 100rd box of 40 S&W for $9) .

    WTB: AR-15 lowers, complete or stripped.

  3. #13
    Marksman
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bellingham
    Posts
    107
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    I think we will have to just disagree. for now i will PM.

    -Jesse


  4. #14
    SGN George Wendt Skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Everett
    Posts
    9,869
    Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    Quote Originally Posted by sagewa View Post
    We have a winner!!
    There is no reason to post anything in someone elses thread. Just PM them with the needed info. If you think there is info missing that would be of use to other members, PM the guy and suggest he place that info in the ad.
    That simple.
    There is a lot less clutter when we dont have 4500 people posting "pm sent", "nice gun", or two guys having a conversation in a for sale ad that the mods have to go clean up later. The site is too big to give everyone the ability to chit chat in the classifieds. Another problem we dont have anymore is people getting frequently put on a timeout for thread crapping.
    If you can type up a post and hit "reply", you can just as easily send the seller a pm, plus you dont have to hunt the thread down to see if he replied. There are many other reasons, but I dont think I need to go over everyone one of them, think I covered it enough.


  5. #15
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Socialist States of what was America
    Posts
    1,283
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    Quote Originally Posted by franks30 View Post
    FWIW I actually prefer not being able to post in ads. I don't even think paid members should be able to do it. I had a couple of ads that got crapped on by some members who thought they could jip me on my stuff (severe lowballing, like claiming they could buy a 100rd box of 40 S&W for $9) .
    If a Platinum Member posts in an ad that isn't asking or adding clarification, they will win time off by the hammer of the God (nope, not Led Zeppelin). Is amazing the nick picking bullshit that will get you banned............................................ ....


  6. #16
    Patrolman cbass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    1,675
    Feedback Score
    87 (100%)

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    I agree with NWRED 100%--
    jessecain1 I understand wanting to post in someones thread, but only if its helpful or you really want to buy it or whatever if its positive. Now here in realityville there are alot of jackasses that do exactly what NWRED was talking about, price bashing or all sorts of other dumb shit that really doesnt help your thread. Ive had it happen to me on the old sight and Ive been like WTF who is this guy shitting in my thread because he didnt like the one he had, etc, or the two guys who say stupid shit in each others post and bump it every two hours.

    "I don't like little cars, little guns or big women"
    NRA certified Range Safety Officer

  7. #17
    SGN George Wendt Skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Everett
    Posts
    9,869
    Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    If a Platinum Member posts in an ad that isn't asking or adding clarification, they will win time off by the hammer of the God (nope, not Led Zeppelin). Is amazing the nick picking bullshit that will get you banned............................................ ....
    Still upset about getting 2 days off for making a racial comment using the "N" word? Your lucky it was two days, most guys get a week for that, I was nice because you are generally a good guy. I am regretting not giving you a week now.


  8. #18
    Administrator TacticalAssault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Woodinville
    Posts
    8,681
    Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    Quote Originally Posted by cbass View Post
    I agree with NWRED 100%--
    jessecain1 I understand wanting to post in someones thread, but only if its helpful or you really want to buy it or whatever if its positive. Now here in realityville there are alot of jackasses that do exactly what NWRED was talking about, price bashing or all sorts of other dumb shit that really doesnt help your thread. Ive had it happen to me on the old sight and Ive been like WTF who is this guy shitting in my thread because he didnt like the one he had, etc, or the two guys who say stupid shit in each others post and bump it every two hours.
    Exactly the reason I added the bump timer and suggested making posting off limits. For those complaining about it, this was all my idea and Norm approved it. If you don't like it you are free to take it up with me directly via PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo View Post
    Still upset about getting 2 days off for making a racial comment using the "N" word? Your lucky it was two days, most guys get a week for that, I was nice because you are generally a good guy. I am regretting not giving you a week now.
    Sounds like you may be getting soft in your old age. LOL.

    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

  9. #19
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Socialist States of what was America
    Posts
    1,283
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo View Post
    Still upset about getting 2 days off for making a racial comment using the "N" word? Your lucky it was two days, most guys get a week for that, I was nice because you are generally a good guy. I am regretting not giving you a week now.
    If I had used a derogatory word I would have expected it. I did NOT use the term that Lenny Bruce was famous for and you didn't even remove the comment. You may own the site but all I gotta say is by you not removing the post, who's the racist???


  10. #20
    Administrator TacticalAssault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Woodinville
    Posts
    8,681
    Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

    Re: Posting in for sale ads

    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    If I had used a derogatory word I would have expected it. I did NOT use the term that Lenny Bruce was famous for and you didn't even remove the comment. You may own the site but all I gotta say is by you not removing the post, who's the racist???
    Pouring gas on the fire. Poking the angry bear. Those types of comments come to mind right now.

    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •