Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little intro from a noob

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

A little intro from a noob

Thought I would go ahead and introduce myself. I am recently back into firearms after getting rid of them all a while back. I came to Washington on deployment, after living in Eastern Montana for a few years. When I left Montana I had a variety of weapons for hunting and play. After buying a home and having three kids, I had slowly gotten rid of all my guns because all they did was sit in the closet safe. My wife was also always on my case about having them around kids whenever I wanted to take them out and clean them.
    Well, last year my home was burglarized while I was sleeping. The burglar broke in through a front window, found our wallets, and left. My 3 yr old son was sleeping on the couch, just feet from where our wallets were.
    This made me very upset that for 1 I slept through it, 2 I did not have anything more than knives available had we come face to face in what could be a gunfight.
    That day I went out and picked up another pistol and have been slowly adding more over this last year. I hope to go shooting much more this year and might eventually try checking out a competition.
    I am an electrician. I have 3 kids ages 4,6,7, and a pretty awesome wife, who works as an RN.
    My other hobbies are competition car audio and building computers once in a while.
    Thanks for having me and I hope to chat or trade with many of you in the future.

A little pic of my pick-ups over the last year. Much more to come. Hoping things calm down soon so I can get some rifles.

Feedback Score
    124 (100%)

Re: A little intro from a noob

So what I got from that is... You're a heavy sleeper, your wife makes all the money, and your taste in handguns is questionable...welcome to SGN ! You'll fit right in!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Haha, pretty much. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by richdkim View Post
    So what I got from that is... You're a heavy sleeper, your wife makes all the money, and your taste in handguns is questionable...welcome to SGN ! You'll fit right in!
    Ha, a true SGN welcome! Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    Id crawl through a mile of broken glass just to suck the dick that fucked her last.

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)

Welcome! Better first post than me :)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Good to meet you and thanks for your service. Now that you are here prepare to spend all your time and money here.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)

Holy moly!!! Another guy who can read the site rules. Who makes an awesome first post with pictures! Too bed his choice of pistols are all made from used credit cards!

But seriously dude. Welcome to SGN. Enjoy the (Brotherhood) here. We may not always agree on things, but we always have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I think boobs and guns are as American as apple pie.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Welcome! It looks like you have a thing for reliable polymer pistols! No Glock love?

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

sorry bud, but I took the name XDM9C first..

nice collection, couldn't tell if it was 9mm or 40...

I love my xd's... if you're looking to mount a fastfire red dot on yours, I can help you put it on... they make awesome range guns... and probably great HD guns too...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I do like the poly pistols. Had a 1911 at one time and i did not care for it. There are some metal frame Sig models I would like to add eventually. As far as Glocks go, I had a G21 and actually liked it alot. I will have another Glock at some point. The XDm is a 9mm. Thanks for the warm welcome guys.