Thread: Hi All.

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Hi All.

I've been lerking here for a week or so and have learned alot. My interest is in learning enough to buy my 1st handgun. Looking for something to plink, home protection (that wife could shoot also) and conceal carry when necessary. A friend suggested this site to look for different guns and get more info and he was right. What you all didn't explain in your WTT or WTS description I pulled from the internet and used youtube to learn more. Maybe not the best way to do it but have narrowed the search to a Glock 19. With the threat to our 2A rights, there doesn't seem to be alot of folks willing to part with this gun. So, I'm heading to the Monroe gun show on 1/12/13 to see what I can find along with the rest of the masses. Should be interesting. I know there are many other good guns in the same category so keeping an open mind.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Re: Hi All.

Welcome! A Glock 19 is a fine choice. Just remember to get a good holster, belt, and hollow points to go with it.

And good luck at the Monroe gun show, I hear it's going to be crowded, and I bet most of the stuff there will be overpriced with the panic going on.

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Welcome to Reynoldsville please make sure your stocked up on tinfoil...............................

Hee hee Im kidding,kinda anyway you will never go wrong with a Glock 9mm and a quick suggestion the worst place to buy a firearm is a Gun Show you can get a better deal beleive it or not from a local gunshop or big box store.May I also suggest a Glock 26? Here is a few great reasons for the 26:

1)Its small enough to CC everywhere.

2)It will accept ANY Glock 9mm mag you can find for it, it will stick out a little from the magwell but they make grip exstensions for them.

3)Your wife will very much be pleased with the fact she can shoot it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Glock 19 or 26 will serve you well. I would just recommend that if you plan on installing a light to go with the 19 with rails. The 26 has no rails to attach a light.

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Welcome to the boards!

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Didn't find what I was looking for but an interested in buying a Glock 27 Gen 4.