Thread: Howdy!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Howdy!

Well, I have been on here for a few weeks - even gave some ammo away in the PIF section. I have to say that I am impressed with this site and it's members.

I am looking forward to contributing more...may even be able to help with a place to shoot in Wilkeson - so long as you clean up your mess!

A little about me: Originally from TX, moved up here with my family about 3 years ago. We are developing some land in Wilkeson and hope to be in our new home soon. My wife and I have been shooting all our lives (what good Texan doesn't?) We have a few new toys that we got for Christmas...we left the rest at the family ranch in TX when we left. I know you are "supposed" to be able to transport your own through a state...but I didn't want to chance it through CA.

So, now we are settling in here and looking to be a part of the community. Anyone recommend a good fishing area around Buckley/Enumclaw? We have lots of PNW based questions...like:

What are the best "wool" socks?
    What are good mud/snow boots? (I have some North Face boots, but they always seem to get wet inside)
    Where can we find a decent rain repellent & warm jacket? (I rock a Carharrt, but my wife thinks it's too bulky)

On the house front...does anyone know a decent electrician in this area?

Anyway, GLAD to be a new member...hope to be around for a long time - especially after this damn panic dies off!

also...to decode the user name: DHG4489 - the avatar pic is of a vehicle like the one I had when I met my wife. A 2001 Bullitt Mustang. It was # 4489 in Dark Highland Green...I miss that car, but it didn't hold up well with kid seats in the back!

Last edited by dhg4489; 01-25-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: added info

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Re: Howdy!

I have a set of Georgia Boot 6" Logger Waterproof steel toe boots. Once broken in they have been the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. I've worn them in hard rain, mud, deep snow, you name it. Never once have they got wet on the inside. I'm expecting them to last a long time, and I'm not easy on them.

As for socks, I like some Cabelas brand wool socks I got last year. Not sure who makes them for Cabelas. Another really good brand is Smart Wool.

Welcome to the PNW!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Welcome! I moved back up North a little over a year ago from Wilkeson. I spent a couple years out there, loved walking up to the Pick and stumbling back home. If you go up over the Low Bridge by the ranger station, and follow the mainline up, there are a couple mountain lakes up that way. Supposed to be able to shoot up as well.
    Carharrt makes a really nice rain/winter coat, got one for the lady. She loves it, not so bulky either. Looks like a fancy North Face or Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Welcome to the boards!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Welcome.

Some well-intentioned members here may be a little misguided (and/or just plain cheap) so try to take their advice with a grain or two.... Georgia boots are made in CHINA. <- kind of oxymoronic, no?
    Look at Danner boots (check to make sure the particular model you select is made in the US as they farm out some models)

As for your electrical service needs: seems like there is a sparky plying his trade here on the boards.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Welcome to the board. What part of Texas were you from I spent a little time in Allen just above Plano?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I'm from Austin. We love it here though - not going back!
    tha is for the warm welcomes.

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Howdy. Still looking for a good electrician in the area? If so, Ted Stringfellow (Stringfellow Electric) is a good one in Buckley. He's a good friend that I've known for years....and he's done some great work in a couple of my houses (new electrical services, major electrical work, etc.). 253.239.2969. Hope that helps....Paul.