Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firearm price

Feedback Score
    124 (100%)

Re: Firearm price

I've had a post or two rated 1 star, didn't bother me as the items sold. Even if I knew who it was, what am I or you going to do about it? I don't think it's anything to get worked up over.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by acidfly View Post
    Because its bullshit, I posted on here earlier which got deleted. Make it known who rated the thread, its only fuckin right. Better yet if the power that be dont wonna do that, reply to the thread saying you voted a 1 star.

I even wanted a section for asking about good pricing for firearms, that too was shot down, some bullshit about receiving a 1 star or not getting any PMs.

Damn I drank alot, this was that thread lol

Feedback Score

This is by no way the scientific fact or any sort of law.... just a thumb rule that generally seems to work. Take the price of the gun new and subtract 10% for taking it off the dealers lot. If it has signs of heavy use, missing the box, mags, or otherwise doesn't look brand new- subtract another 5-10%. If you added any mods to the gun- add 25% of the mod to the gun (just because you paid $400 for a laser does not in any way make the gun worth $400 more!).

This is just a bullshit ballpark value of what to ask. The only right answer to "What is my gun worth?"- is (whatever you are willing to accept for it).

Just my .02

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy.backpack View Post
    This is by no way the scientific fact or any sort of law.... just a thumb rule that generally seems to work. Take the price of the gun new and subtract 10% for taking it off the dealers lot. If it has signs of heavy use, missing the box, mags, or otherwise doesn't look brand new- subtract another 5-10%. If you added any mods to the gun- add 25% of the mod to the gun (just because you paid $400 for a laser does not in any way make the gun worth $400 more!).

This is just a bullshit ballpark value of what to ask. The only right answer to "What is my gun worth?"- is (whatever you are willing to accept for it).

Just my .02
    If only Glock sellers used this mentality.......

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by colemac65 View Post
    If only Glock sellers used this mentality.......
    Some Glock owners assume potential buyers are low-information types. ZOMG I have a G19SF (SF = Special Forces BTW) that comes with 1 hard to find 15rnd clip but can use those totes kewl 33rnd clips. Comes with the desireable plastic sites and my brother-in-law's neighbor stippled it for xtra grippiness.

You try that crap over on the S&W Forum with a real collectible revolver and prepare to get ignored. There are entire threads about the difference between 99% and 98%. Yes, they will ask about the box, original grips, sights, etc.

Douché: Pronounced "do-shay" and used like "touché", but in reply to something done or said that's utterly douchetastic e.g. "Wow, you went and did a selfie in the spray tan booth. Douché!"