Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you're feeling generous........

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

If you're feeling generous........

This little girl could really use your help.

My wife and I have this family for 15+ years and they're great people. the family consists of the father Stevo, his wife Lisa, daughter Zoe, and son Liam. Zoe is almost 14 and helps her dad take care of their mom who has been unable to speak or move on her own for years due to severe MS. She's an amazing girl who has way too much on her shoulder for barely being a teenager. yesterday she came over and told us her 5 year old cousin is very sick with an inoperable brain stem tumor.

Now, I know people can experience "generousity fatigue" or whatever you wish to call it and I don't blame you. Especially after the things we've done here in the past few months. But I'm posting it anyway.

I created a fundraiser on giveforward.com before learning there was an existing one already on another page. Because I'm uncertain how successful this will be and don't want to get their hopes up, I am not informing the family that I set this up. Also means I'm not posting it on facebook or any other media sites that share with the recipients family. But if you would please at least post the links on your own pages that would be plenty enough to help!

Fundraiser I created: http://gfwd.at/141o2yf
    Fundraiser family created: http://amiracleforanica.blogspot.com/p/donations.html

The fundraiser I created doesn't have the paypal option because I don't know who's name the paypal account listed on the other page is under and it has to match to be credible so I can't use my own account to receive the funds. If you would rather not use either of those you can paypal me directly at jfrank@franklyfun.com and put "ANICA" in the notes section so I know who to give it to.

Thanks in advance and Happy Sunday!

Feedback Score
    173 (100%)

Re: If you're feeling generous........

Jon - Money just sent to your PayPal. You should teach classes on what "Character" means....I know a lot of people that should take it and you exemplify it. Keep up the good work!

"Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

Thanks Bronco.

I'm sure some rolled their eyes when they saw me doing this again and I don't blame them. it's like the people in front of the grocery store asking you to buy shit you don't need/want! But I have 2 small kids and damn near cried when Zoe told us of her cousin thinking of what I'd feel watching my son or daughter pass right in front of me with nothing I could do. There is a pretty small chance that won't happen though and we're all hoping for the best!

If we don't get much action I may hold a small raffle for loaded pmags or something. Fresh out of ARs to give away sadly.

Feedback Score
    68 (100%)

bump for a good cause and to sell some good ammo to raise some coin for this family in need.

here is the deal you paypal or get john the money and the ammo you donated for is yours. pm me with what you want and i will hold it for 24 hours, when john lets me know he got the money the ammo is yours to pick up. if you tell me that you want xxx ammo and you dont make the donation in 24 hours the ammo goes back on the market.

seems a little confusing but i dont know how else to do it.

here is the real kicker, i leave for austin on tuesday and wont be back untill friday. i will of course have plenty of time on this work trip to check sgn.

here is the ammo up for donation

1 box of 20 rounds hornady match 168 grain hpbt .308 dontation needed- $ 45

1 box of winchester white box 100 round pack 9mm 115 grain. donation needed $35 spoken for

1 box of magtech 158 grain sjsp .357 ( has 12 rounds of pmc in it for some reason?) donation needed $25--spoken for

yup...prices are a touch of pre craze and mid craze but all money goes to a great need.

any questions please ask.

thanks
    howard

Last edited by packet sniffer; 04-04-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    " if there is no ceasefire in Gaza, our answer is fire" - Netanyahu

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

Bumping this up. thanks to those who've participated so far. Jukk0u sent 2 rail covers with integrated pressure pad slots too that I'll be posting for sale with proceeds going to these people.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    Jon - Money just sent to your PayPal. You should teach classes on what "Character" means....I know a lot of people that should take it and you exemplify it. Keep up the good work!
    Where is the "Like" button again?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Donation sent.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Donation sent and shared to FB. God bless this little child!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

The money has been sent!

It's a SA&A thing. They are trying to make sure no one ever goes back there after the panic dies down. It's working.
    Fast cars, slow Jeeps, and loud guns.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Donation sent.