Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to gun ownership - Looking for fellow enthusiasts in Seattle

New to gun ownership - Looking for fellow enthusiasts in Seattle

Hi Everyone,

I grew up in a state where gun ownership was severely limited. I got to first own while living out of the country and grew to live the feeling of independence and responsibility that ownership provides, as well as the just plain fun of target shooting.

Living out of country I found myself getting in the best shape of my life by walking everywhere. My US drivers license lapsed and when I came back to Seattle I didn't bother to buy a car. The only real problem with that is getting to ranges and shooting opportunities with the incredible limitations on transporting guns by public transport. So I am hoping to get to know people on this list who live in Seattle and who would be willing to let me join them in range trips. I believe in paying for myself, so I will pay for the gas and other expenses in exchange for a ride.

Also I was hoping to find where gun people get together in Seattle. I have a lot to learn and I hope I have something to give as well. It takes a while to get to know people and I am here for the long run.

I'll be "seeing" you in the forums,

Thanks!! Chris

Re: New to gun ownership - Looking for fellow enthusiasts in Seattle

Welcome aboard Chris! Great group of guys here. I'm sure it won't take long to fond guys willing to go to the range with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

welcome to the site Chris!
    If God stopped answering prayer, how long would it be before you realized it?

Thanks for the welcome, jagerbomber!! I look forward to getting to know you. I appreciate the hospitality.

Chris

What part of Seattle?

What type of shooting?

What country did you get a firearm (out of country)? I'm thinking you must have duel citizenship... or something on those lines.

Note: most folks don't meet up at bars, etc. Most of the time you'll find most enthusiast at the range

Welcome to this place, I do trap shooting in Renton almost every weekend if your ever interested...what you like shooting?
    Dan G
    2nd place is just first loser

Welcome to the boards Chris.

Hi Everyone,

I lived on the frontier of Guatemala in a town that had very limited policing at the time. The police were only budgeted 6 bullets a month each!! They couldn't drive their patrol trucks over most of their area because the roads were bad and they didn't have money to repair their vehicles. There were bandits throughout the countryside. The gas station across the street from me was robbed by 4 heavily armed men in broad daylight. So the police recommended that "gringos" - foreigners - buy themselves black market guns, and a lot of us did. And most of those who didn't were subject to robbery and rape.

Guatemalan law is different. There is almost no reason that the police will enter your house and give you trouble for anything you don't take off the property, like your personal protection pistol or shotgun. I had a Guatemalan friend who was ex-police (now a bodyguard) and he could call the police and tell them we were target shooting, and we could go up the mountain and fire away with no issues.

So that is where I was first able to own guns. A Browning Hi-Power manufactured in Belgium, a Walther PPK, and a Bersa Thunder. Now in Seattle I own a Beretta M9 and another Thunder. What inspired me to contact the group is that yesterday I bought a Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced M4. It is a beauty!! I am really excited to get in some range time with that!!

Chris

Very cool. Welcome back to the States...

As you may know ammo is in short supply and high prices. So I hope you got some before all the madness back in December.

What's your schedule like (days off) and where in Seattle are you? Seattle is pretty big.

What neighborhood are you in? Is it Seattle proper? I don't get out to the range to often anymore , but when I do your welcome to tag along.