Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allow myself to introduce....myself

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Allow myself to introduce....myself

I think that's how the line from Austin Powers goes...

Anyway, lest I be accused of being someone who "just comes to SGN to sell stuff" and who "really isn't part of the community", I figured I should introduce myself as a new guy and be a bit more participative instead of just a lurker.

So, I moved to Washington about a year and a half ago. I came here, in a round about way, from Chicago, so I'm happy to finally be in a location where the local government isn't hell bent on keeping me separated from my firearms. That actually was no small part of my decision to leave Chicago (that, and I don't want my little kids growing up in that disaster of a public school system). So here we are, me and the proverbial wife and two kids, both of which who are very young, one boy, one girl. Neither quite ready for 3-gun yet.

I'm originally a corn fed Midwesterner. Been shooting on my grandpa's farm since I was a little boy, got my first 12 gauge at 13 and was shooting semi-auto centerfire (Mini-14) by 15 years old.

I'm now and East-sider. Good schools for the kids, good commute for me, close to everything I need/want, include WCA's indoor shooting range. I've made it out to Cascade Shooting Facilities near Maple Valley once on a public day and like the place, so I'm now 200+ on their wait list to join.

The wifey and I are both CPL and have a Glock 19 gen 4. It's a bit of a compromise gun for us as I wanted something she'd be comfortable shooting. I prefer full size as I'm a big guy with big hands. I'm thinking an P30L, HK45, or Sig 226 is in my future.

But what I really enjoy are long guns. I'm an Army vet so I like the black guns. I shoot an LMT Defender and recently picked up a PTR 91KF that I'm loving. I had an AK platform, but recently sold it to another board member here who is reportedly having a lot more fun with it than I ever did (it went for a good decade without being shot).

I'm interested in getting into hunting out here. I've never really done anything other than small game, but like the idea of combining large calibre, long distance shooting with putting meat in the freezer. I also like the idea of hunting as a way of father-son time in the future. So, you may see me post on that topic as time moves on.

Next up on my wish-list, though: An MP5/HK94 clone. I want a 9mm with full 16" barrel. I've decided this is the perfect home defense weapon for my wife. Yeah, for my wife. If I keep teller her that, she might actually start to believe it. But, too many projects around the house to spend the $ on another rifle right now.

OK, that's me in a nutshell ("oh, no, I'm in a nutshell"....more Austin Powers). I'm looking forward to getting plugged into the local shooting community.

BoilerUp

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Re: Allow myself to introduce....myself

welcome to this place.....happy easter

Dan G
    2nd place is just first loser

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Welcome to Seattle and Seattle's best shooting forum! Good to have you on board!

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

SGN Chicken Fried Steak Crusader's Avatar
    A secret location high above the metropolis of Everett
    Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

Welcome to SGN! Very nice intro I think you'll find a great group here, we are very much a community and look out for one another.
    There are opportunities for group shoots and other get togethers. Make yourself at home.

Lord if I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Welcome to the site!

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Welcome to SGN.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Welcome to SGN.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

welcome!

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Congrats on the escape from hell and welcome to the nuthouse. Shrink and swell your way through the forum ;)

In the event you have to go back to visit Chi, here is a good public service announcement:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTYd9WKhPY

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson
    Chupacabra tacos rock!

Feedback Score
    331 (100%)

Welcome to SGN and to Seattle!!