Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Suggest moving advertising

  1. #1
    Tactical Operator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Spanaway
    Posts
    3,520
    Feedback Score
    112 (100%)

    Suggest moving advertising

    The advertising at the top, particulary NW Safe, blocks the sign in area, specifically the "always log me on" block. Suggest moving the advertising down ...

    Never shop at Precise Shooter in Seattle. It's owned by anti-gun, anti-capitalist, pro Hillary voter. I defend the 2A. US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF x4. BSM and MSM recipient. NRA Lifetime. I'm a lawyer, but have not offered you legal advice.

  2. #2
    SGN George Wendt Skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Everett
    Posts
    9,872
    Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

    Re: Suggest moving advertising

    On your browser, use the "view" selection on your tool bar, then use the zoom in or out selection. Then you can expose your "always log me in"
    I use 3 different computers and had to adjust the zoom on all of them to set the proper screen size, to use the log in box.


  3. #3
    Marksman bagaja2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    lacey
    Posts
    176
    Feedback Score
    29 (97%)

    Re: Suggest moving advertising

    be much more easy to move some of the advertising so everyone on here dosent have to mess with are stuff , i do pay money on here it should be easy for me right?


  4. #4
    Tactical Operator IRackNBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pierce - Kitsap
    Posts
    4,374
    Feedback Score
    169 (100%)
    All you have to do is click login with nothing in the boxes. It takes you to another screen where it's big as day to click the remember me button.


  5. #5
    Administrator TacticalAssault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Woodinville
    Posts
    8,675
    Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

    Re: Suggest moving advertising

    Quote Originally Posted by bagaja2011 View Post
    be much more easy to move some of the advertising so everyone on here dosent have to mess with are stuff , i do pay money on here it should be easy for me right?
    Wow. Great attitude. Do you have any actual idea just how "easy" it is to re-code all the advertising? I have already moved the blocks around once to appease a number of members. So should we move it back to make a couple guys happy and piss off the rest?

    Screen size, resolution, zoom settings, font sizes, browser, etc determine how a page is viewed. We can't and won't try to determine all those different variables. Sorry.

    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

  6. #6
    Operator cmica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    I-5/ 512
    Posts
    3,415
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

    Re: Suggest moving advertising

    take a few sec to hold ctrl plus/minus sign in check the box and leave it. since the new switch over i've never dealt with it again

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Instead of complaining about a free site why don't you try reading the fucking board announcements and the reference section.
    Somewhere in kenya a village is missing it's idiot!!

  7. #7
    Tactical Operator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Spanaway
    Posts
    3,520
    Feedback Score
    112 (100%)

    Re: Suggest moving advertising

    Look I didn't start this to become some pissing contest. Merely a suggestion. Not sure why advertising is purposefully put OVER other stuff. My browser is set at a very common setting, nothing unusual. Same with my phone - when I look at my "Inbox" and click on it, the drop down goes DIRECTLY over the NW Safe advertisement, and about 1/2 the time I try to click on my message, but inadvertently go to the advertising.

    I REALIZE I can change MY browser... but if MINE is normal and it goes there, then other people must have the same issue... if this were the ONLY website I went to, then no big deal. But I often have a dozen different applications/web browsers/documents/PDFs open, and changing this screws up other stuff...

    Sorry to piss the MODS off, but after all this is a "suggestion" thread... change it or don't. Merely a suggestion.... jeesh.

    Never shop at Precise Shooter in Seattle. It's owned by anti-gun, anti-capitalist, pro Hillary voter. I defend the 2A. US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF x4. BSM and MSM recipient. NRA Lifetime. I'm a lawyer, but have not offered you legal advice.

  8. #8
    Administrator TacticalAssault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Woodinville
    Posts
    8,675
    Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

    Re: Suggest moving advertising

    Quote Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
    Look I didn't start this to become some pissing contest. Merely a suggestion. Not sure why advertising is purposefully put OVER other stuff. My browser is set at a very common setting, nothing unusual. Same with my phone - when I look at my "Inbox" and click on it, the drop down goes DIRECTLY over the NW Safe advertisement, and about 1/2 the time I try to click on my message, but inadvertently go to the advertising.

    I REALIZE I can change MY browser... but if MINE is normal and it goes there, then other people must have the same issue... if this were the ONLY website I went to, then no big deal. But I often have a dozen different applications/web browsers/documents/PDFs open, and changing this screws up other stuff...

    Sorry to piss the MODS off, but after all this is a "suggestion" thread... change it or don't. Merely a suggestion.... jeesh.
    No MODS even replied and no one is pissed. I quoted a guy who has an entitlement attitude. That being said nothing was done PURPOSELY but merely the way the layout was. Here is a screenshot of what I see and this is the way I arranged it to see it the way I do.



    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

  9. #9
    Shooter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Suggest moving advertising

    EASY ANSWER, just get adblock plus, boom, I see no advertising on this site at all, nadda.


  10. #10
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,410
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Suggest moving advertising

    Quote Originally Posted by Superior View Post
    EASY ANSWER, just get adblock plus, boom, I see no advertising on this site at all, nadda.
    +1


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •