Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SGN challenge coins

Re: SGN challenge coins

I like the idea of creating revenue for the site.
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webster82 View Post
    I like the idea of creating revenue for the site.
    +1000

This is Jeffrey from coinable.com, if you would like any further assistance, please let me know. You may contact me at sales@coinable.com or reply in this forum. I will check it infrequently to see if I may assist. Yes the cost of the production is spot + production charge, plus die fees.

The silver bullets would not require a die. Just inscription costs. Say SGN at the upper part of the "case", user name at bottom.
    “The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

I'm down for silver too. I'm down for any also.

Pure .999 silver coins have to be round.

OK so here is my take on this. The whole idea of a challenge coin is this. They are "Supposed" To be given to a person who has gone above and beyond. They are often transferred form the giver to the recipient in a hand shake. Now days every swinging dick has one. It seems that lots of units gave them to every member for just deploying. Not that that is any small sacrifice. Being deployed was never a reason to be presented a coin in the past. But In the 60's The green berets and LRRPS/Rangers started to tradition with coins going to serious fire eaters. Then it trickled down to other units, and so on.

I think it is only right that they be presented by one of the Admin or mods.

Otherwise it kinda looses its meaning. And can be related to a P X commando.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I think boobs and guns are as American as apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt rock View Post
    OK so here is my take on this. The whole idea of a challenge coin is this. They are "Supposed" To be given to a person who has gone above and beyond. They are often transferred form the giver to the recipient in a hand shake. Now days every swinging dick has one. It seems that lots of units gave them to every member for just deploying. Not that that is any small sacrifice. Being deployed was never a reason to be presented a coin in the past. But In the 60's The green berets and LRRPS/Rangers started to tradition with coins going to serious fire eaters. Then it trickled down to other units, and so on.

I think it is only right that they be presented by one of the Admin or mods.

Otherwise it kinda looses its meaning. And can be related to a P X commando.
    I agree with you on that completely. But I am sure that Admin and Mods don't want to shell out $800-$1200 for dies and spot ($23 currently) for each round they have to buy from their own pocket. However, SGN can make some money for events and such by creating a coin. It could be called a "membership" coin if you like.
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

I'd buy a couple for sure
    1911 because it does in 7 what takes a glock 13

Tactical Operator

I really like the engraved bullet idea