Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

  1. #1
    Patrolman Army203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    2,373

    New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    Just a thought about making a thread reminding people that Tinfoil hat crap, cop bashing, racist( even bashing religious beliefs), things that would make the ATF look at us, and promoting UN-Safe crap just makes us look bad as gun owners. It gives more fuel for anti gun people to push for gun control. It doesn't make us look good and all it does is start fights in the threads.

    Maybe make it so everyone has to read it again. Just some thoughts is all.

    Remember, we have members that are Law Enforcement, LGBT, and have different religious beliefs.
    Last edited by Army203; 05-20-2013 at 11:49 AM.

  2. #2
    Sharp Shooter JVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    620

    Re: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    Thank you for your valuable input. Your opinion is important to us. We apologize in advance for the lack of reply. Due to an unforeseen amount of opinion based volume, your opinion may not be reviewed in a timely manor. In the mean time, please refer to the contact section of our website.

  3. #3
    SGN BBQ Bomber Jagerbomber35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Skagit Valley
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    +1 Army. We are all ambassadors for our cause. People see how we act and what we say, lets not let them use it as ammunition against us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

  4. #4
    Patrolman Barfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacey
    Posts
    2,345

    Re: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagerbomber35 View Post
    +1 Army. We are all ambassadors for our cause. People see how we act and what we say, lets not let them use it as ammunition against us.
    +1 more
    Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....

  5. #5
    Sniper h2obouget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Renton
    Posts
    5,004

    Re: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    Unless you are a member on the site, the threads posted here are not available off site.
    So someone would have to be actively on the site first to see something.
    Hence I don't know that it making a rule to stop the action will do any good.

    Shall we make a rule that says you can't make Gay jokes too? In case someone from an LGBT group happens to come across it?

    Or how about people post what they feel like saying, and you take the initiative to either read it or not. If you find people posting crap you don't want to read, then add them to your banned listing.
    (I am certain that I must be on a few peoples list already, and I have 3-4 people that I have blocked.)

    As for Conspiracy Theory Crap:
    Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it's not true.
    Look at the Ammo Buy up by the Government. Several people posted their theories. Some claimed the Government was hiding something.
    Somewhere along the line, Congress took an interest. What was the Governments reason..."We aren't going to comment on why we did that."
    Sounds to me like the Government was hiding something. The Conspiracy Theorists were headed in the right direction.
    Without small scale discussion, larger scale research never happens.
    If you don't want to hear it...then don't open the post.

    Maybe we need another forum...Call it "Shots in the Dark - Alternate Opinions on Firearm Laws/Political Discussions -This is a place to discuss Alternative thoughts on firearm laws and related politics. This is NOT a forum to campaign for your favorite political party. This section is the only place Conspiracy Theory and Speculative political opinions should be posted.

  6. #6
    Sniper .308Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    5,360

    Re: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    Thank you for your valuable input. Your opinion is important to us. We apologize in advance for the lack of reply. Due to an unforeseen amount of opinion based volume, your opinion may not be reviewed in a timely manor. In the mean time, please refer to the contact section of our website.
    +1


    Quote Originally Posted by h2obouget View Post
    Unless you are a member on the site, the threads posted here are not available off site.
    So someone would have to be actively on the site first to see something.
    Hence I don't know that it making a rule to stop the action will do any good.

    Shall we make a rule that says you can't make Gay jokes too? In case someone from an LGBT group happens to come across it?

    Or how about people post what they feel like saying, and you take the initiative to either read it or not. If you find people posting crap you don't want to read, then add them to your banned listing.
    (I am certain that I must be on a few peoples list already, and I have 3-4 people that I have blocked.)

    As for Conspiracy Theory Crap:
    Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it's not true.
    Look at the Ammo Buy up by the Government. Several people posted their theories. Some claimed the Government was hiding something.
    Somewhere along the line, Congress took an interest. What was the Governments reason..."We aren't going to comment on why we did that."
    Sounds to me like the Government was hiding something. The Conspiracy Theorists were headed in the right direction.
    Without small scale discussion, larger scale research never happens.
    If you don't want to hear it...then don't open the post.

    Maybe we need another forum...Call it "Shots in the Dark - Alternate Opinions on Firearm Laws/Political Discussions -This is a place to discuss Alternative thoughts on firearm laws and related politics. This is NOT a forum to campaign for your favorite political party. This section is the only place Conspiracy Theory and Speculative political opinions should be posted.
    I'd live there! LOL!
    Last edited by .308Win; 05-20-2013 at 12:22 PM.

  7. #7

    Re: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    in other words we should give up our first amendment rights in order to keep our 2nd? I'm on board. Let's do it!

  8. #8
    SGN Garand Guru corpsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    8,828

    Re: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    Only one real reason to do such a thing. Fear. That is not good for 1A and 2A.
    “The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

  9. #9
    Tactical Operator Freelancer1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Army203 View Post
    Just a thought about making a thread reminding people that Tinfoil hat crap, cop bashing, racist( even bashing religious beliefs), things that would make the ATF look at us, and promoting UN-Safe crap just makes us look bad as gun owners. It gives more fuel for anti gun people to push for gun control. It doesn't make us look good and all it does is start fights in the threads.

    Maybe make it so everyone has to read it again. Just some thoughts is all.

    Remember, we have members that are Law Enforcement, LGBT, and have different religious beliefs.
    I agree 100% with this. IF any of you think for one minute that this website is not monitored by the BATF or some other agency, think again. Social media has become a valuable tool in prosecution and law enforcement.

    As one of the largest gun websites in WA state, if not the largest, we are only shooting ourselves in the foot when we do and post stupid shit.

    Also, there is a very simple way to get information off site and that is by becoming a member...anyone can do it.
    Last I checked there are a TON of people on here that have been members for a while with 0 posts.

  10. #10
    Tactical Operator oasis618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    University Place
    Posts
    3,712

    Re: New "Rule" Thread Idea.

    I think making a thread reminding folks of the possible consequences for their actions is a fine idea however like the other "rules" thread here, I wouldn't expect many to read or follow it. I agree that the examples given can make us look like weirdos at times but the problem is where do you draw the line after that? Freelancer's avatar shows unsafe gun handling so should we put a limit on what kind of avatars we can have? Bronco's has Gandolfini flipping the bird and some people may be offended by that. Mine shows reptile love and who knows, there may be some members from the movement to free lizards from sexual harrassment brigade.

    It's a good idea but it could be a slippery slope. If the mods think it is inappropriate then they will dispose of it I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    Id crawl through a mile of broken glass just to suck the dick that fucked her last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •