Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Feedback Score

Hello everyone! My name is Conner, and I am 16. Wanted to throw out a late Happy Independence Day announcement to you all, had a great time with fireworks over the lake, it died early because the started exploding on the barge though. Bummer. So! I've been hearing a lot about this site for while now from my Uncle and thought I'd like to come take a look. I've heard great things about the contents and users to be found on the site and that the conversations generally flow decently. I've been out shooting four or five times I'd have to assume. Though I haven't fired much, I have found my favorite weapon at the moment is the Dragunov Tiger Carbine that my father owns. I found the gas operating system used on the AK-47 and Dragunov firearms very intriguing in the upper escape barrel and have wondered what other neat designs mankind has conjured into these awesome tools to make them efficient and practical. As you may be able to pick up I am not entirely gun smart on the components of the firearms, I am sure there's more correct terminology for the "upper barrel" of the Dragunov but I'll get a hang on it.

For my birthday I was given an Arisaka, which fires well. When it actually fires that is. It's currently suffering from a firing pin issue that causes it to not strike with full force, so the primers only ignite the powder on roughly half of the cartridges. The three of us are still working on the solution at slow intervals. In the meantime, my dad has been looking for a Mosin-Nagant to get for me. I believe a portion of his appreciation for it is that one of his idolized snipers of World War II, Vasily Zaytsev, used the Mosin-Nagant as his primary rifle of choice. Personally I do think I would much rather like to have a Karabiner 98k, however again having never fired either, I couldn't make a comparison. These conundrums appear frequently in the matter of guns for me and I would like to have reliable sources (personal experience of others) to apply to in making any decisions. I plan to have a great time on SeattleGuns and look forward to posting with you all soon!

Just a random fact, being that I am 16 I have come to accept that I am naive about some guns just because I like their looks, but I will still say now that one of my long time favorites for their appearance is a steel Desert Eagle XIX. Please don't hate me haha

Last edited by SandRaz0r; 07-06-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Re: A Message From the President... of my own Fan Club

Welcome........

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Re: New Member

Welcome to the Forum!

In Omnia Paratus

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

welcome and nice write up

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Instead of complaining about a free site why don't you try reading the fucking board announcements and the reference section.
    Somewhere in kenya a village is missing it's idiot!!

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)

Nice introduction boy! I'm glad to see you finally took my advice! This is a treasure trove of information for you to access, and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I think boobs and guns are as American as apple pie.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Very nice, thoughtful introduction, Conner. Welcome to the board!

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Welcome to the site!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sgt rock View Post
    Nice introduction boy! I'm glad to see you finally took my advice! This is a treasure trove of information for you to access, and learn.
    Whew! So he's not a troll then lol.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagerbomber35 View Post
    Whew! So he's not a troll then lol.

No Kyle he isn't a troll. He's a good boy who is growing in to a good young man. And is learning about firearms and wants to know what is real, practical, and not some video game wonder weapon!

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I think boobs and guns are as American as apple pie.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sgt rock View Post
    No Kyle he isn't a troll. He's a good boy who is growing in to a good young man. And is learning about firearms and wants to know what is real, practical, and not some video game wonder weapon!
    Good to hear! Always glad to have some new members, especially younger ones to help our average age demographic LOL. But video games aren't bad, Call Of Duty is where I learned everything I know about guns.