Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do not do this!

Patrolman

Re: Do not do this!

To me, this guy was just looking for an excuse to buy stuff. Has some obsessive compulsive disorder I would imagine.

-X

Quote Originally Posted by xman1 View Post
    To me, this guy was just looking for an excuse to buy stuff. Has some obsessive compulsive disorder I would imagine.

-X
    If he didn't have a compulsive disorder before, he sure has one now.
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

His reasoning that he is doing it to stimulate the economy is stupid, but his actions as far as buying a home and making home improvements is great. I am in the process of buying a house right now, and while very little improvements will be needed we do plan on spending quite a bit of money on some things we want done.

i wouldn't say anyone is dumb for buying a house right now. Prices are reasonable, unlike the crazy over inflated prices 6 years ago and rates are low. A home is never a bad investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Webster82 View Post
    And what happens when the government becomes broke?
    What do you mean "when?"
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Spend all the money you can, deplete your savings, put the rest on a credit card. Living beyond you means....... Sounds a lot like a few years ago before things went to poo.

They could have saved some space and just said,

"Warren Buffet suggests that you invest in companies that produce products and services that you buy and are happy with."
    Just remember....when seconds count, the police are 15 to 20 minutes away...
    That's why I have a Walther PPS (9MM), FN 5.7, FN SCAR-L 16, Ed Brown Kobra Carry (1911 .45), Ruger GP100 (.38 or .357), Remington 700 (.308), Kel Tec KSG

Waste of internet bandwidth...

Guy buys a house... decides to write an article in hopes he profits from it...

This is a good example of spin

Quote Originally Posted by XDM9cWA View Post
    Waste of internet bandwidth...

Guy buys a house... decides to write an article in hopes he profits from it...

This is a good example of spin
    While buying a home can produce wealth distribution in repairs, maintenance, taxes, and so forth.

But he has NO CLUE about stimulating the economy. If every home were to be bought tomorrow, we couldn't cover a fraction of the national debt which is the problem in the first place. We could even collect every cent from every person in America and still wouldn't put a dent into our problems.

No, buying a home wont save us or even kickstart the economy in the right direction.
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

So, my wife works at a major retail/grocery and sees the recipients for the government handouts all day long. Today's story was two carts of groceries paid with EBT by a young woman and her SOCAL gang bangers (according to the neck tattoos) commenting on how great it was to not have to work after paying cash from a wad for the alcohol they got... A couple months ago it was a couple that came through her line paying for a huge cartload of groceries while sporting great tans..they had just come back from 10days in Hawaii. I am starting to think I am a fool for working, paying my bills, and being responsible for my actions...
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson
    Chupacabra tacos rock!

Quote Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
    So, my wife works at a major retail/grocery and sees the recipients for the government handouts all day long. Today's story was two carts of groceries paid with EBT by a young woman and her SOCAL gang bangers (according to the neck tattoos) commenting on how great it was to not have to work after paying cash from a wad for the alcohol they got... A couple months ago it was a couple that came through her line paying for a huge cartload of groceries while sporting great tans..they had just come back from 10days in Hawaii. I am starting to think I am a fool for working, paying my bills, and being responsible for my actions...
    Agreed, that is crap.

Person I know (but not friends) just got back from Hawaii...right before their home foreclosed. Didn't make a house payment in like a year. Not because they couldn't afford it (both have decent jobs), but because they were lazy and live beyond their means.
    Last edited by huskylawyer; 07-19-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Just remember....when seconds count, the police are 15 to 20 minutes away...
    That's why I have a Walther PPS (9MM), FN 5.7, FN SCAR-L 16, Ed Brown Kobra Carry (1911 .45), Ruger GP100 (.38 or .357), Remington 700 (.308), Kel Tec KSG