Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: South End Group Shoot, Cleanup & Pot Luck - August 24th, Greenwater, WA.

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Re: South End Group Shoot, Cleanup & Pot Luck - August 24th, Greenwater, WA.

I missed it due to injury so bummed!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MADrtcw View Post
    If you want a chain that will hold up; then here it is http://www.shootsteel.com/5-8-gr100-chain-length-16/ EXPENSIVE but it can take a direct hit from a 50BMG.
    Challenge accepted. Anyone care to put a wager on it?

I'm happy I was able to make it. It was nice to meet those of you who stayed as late as you did. If any of you care to shoot there again pm me. I really need to shoot more.

Last edited by hawk14; 08-24-2013 at 09:14 PM.

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14 View Post
    Challenge accepted. Anyone care to put a wager on it?
    Ill bet a 40 oz of Olde English 800 that it wont.

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I am so mad that I had to work. Looks like I missed out on one hell of a time.

"unfortunately common sense isn't that common anymore" Eustace Conway

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    Ill bet a 40 oz of Olde English 800 that it wont.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    And I also found out I wont be getting a Tavor in my lifetime. Stupid RH rifles......
    You can just get the left handed bolt version of the Tavor. They are available in 5.56 NATO & 5.45x39mm. If you want a black model straight from the factory with a left hand bolt (instead of buying a right hand bolt gun first) then it's model number TSB16L.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

No way I am paying $65 for a couple lengths of chain! But good heat treated chains can be pricey.

Thicker chains, plus welding a horizontal T-bar to prevent the target from flipping all the way around seems like the way to go.

Douché: Pronounced "do-shay" and used like "touché", but in reply to something done or said that's utterly douchetastic e.g. "Wow, you went and did a selfie in the spray tan booth. Douché!"

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

It was funny watching the brass ejecting off of Zombies chin from the Tavor

Thanks everyone that showed, it was a great day.

Washington CPL.
    If Elmer Fudd had hair, he would definitely be a ginger.

Feedback Score
    173 (100%)

Great time as always. Jager and Ladybomber went above and beyond again with the food...even without a smoker. The meatballs and sausage were AWESOME.

My favorite gun of the day goes to MADrtcw...his 308 Mega was amazing. Thank's for letting me squeeze the trigger on that baby!! I will have to get the build specs from you on that gun! Great Build!

Unfortunately..."Nutmeg" the rocking horse was injured during live fire....she will be missed...but she sure went out with a bang.

Other notables:

Z66 getting beat in the face with the Tavor casings...multiple times.
    Z66's 13 year old daughter that is a punch line generator...I now know where he get's all his one liners from.
    The Security Guard for giving me a pass for speeding...on a dirt road...in the woods? Fear the Raptor....

And probably the most unexpected amazing event....just as Barf, Jager and I were packing up to leave...up rolls an inconspicuous white minivan...he hops out...asks us "Is this the SGN Group Shoot?" and proceeds to pull a .50BMG out of the back of this minivan. This is then followed by him letting us all squeeze the trigger a couple times....amazing gun. I can officially say I have shoulder fired a .50BMG. Hawk14...thanks for rolling out there...sorry we bailed so quickly..but you were the highlight of the day...amazing gun man!!

Lastly...and most importantly....Barfly and MADrtcw: These guys picked up so much trash out there...it started to make all of us feel bad. Everyone that came out picked up a few bags....but these two guys were rockstars. The spot looked great after we left. Let's continue these group shoot clean ups to ensure our shooting spots remain open.

Thanks to everyone that came out...it was great to meet members I have never met and to see the usual suspects for just an overall great time!

"Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I agree that MADrtcw's .308 Mega AR was outstanding! Nearly recoilless .308 is pretty freakin' cool.

Douché: Pronounced "do-shay" and used like "touché", but in reply to something done or said that's utterly douchetastic e.g. "Wow, you went and did a selfie in the spray tan booth. Douché!"