Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: South End Group Shoot, Cleanup & Pot Luck - August 24th, Greenwater, WA.

Re: South End Group Shoot - August 24th, Greenwater, WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
    We will either be there or Palmer. We have friends close to Palmer so the wife is making contact.
    Is there a campground around there? Not familiar with the name at all. I will try and look into it though. Hoping to stay within 30 minutes or so of Greenwater for the shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

there is a lot camping spots on 70 rd. I have camped up there a few times its dry camping no rv hook ups or running water but its free.
    "unfortunately common sense isn't that common anymore" Eustace Conway

Quote Originally Posted by Jagerbomber35 View Post
    Is there a campground around there? Not familiar with the name at all. I will try and look into it though. Hoping to stay within 30 minutes or so of Greenwater for the shoot.
    Kenaskat-Palmer state park is close by. We have friends that live by there. The wife is seeing about staying out at their place. They live about 8 miles from Enumclaw.

I would have really enjoyed joining this shoot but unfortunately I have to work on Saturdays. Hopefully I can swing it next time.

Re: South End Group Shoot, Cleanup & Pot Luck - August 24th, Greenwater, WA.

One more week till the shoot. I will contact the ranger station this week to get us setup.

I will haul out my BBQ if anybody wants to cook out there. Jager won't be bringing the smoker, so we can do some steaks/chops/chicken, etc if you guys want to bring some out.
    Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....

Really looking forward to this weekend. Yes, sorry fellas, no smoker this time. Promised the boss we would camp, and can't tow both trailer and smoker. With that said, we will be camping, somewhere hopefully pretty close to the shooting spot. So we will have a stove and oven for use if need be. Microwave as well if someone brought a generator as I don't have one.

Don't forget, I will of course have a cooler full of ice cold beers if anyone feels like coming back to camp AFTERWARDS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

Tactical Operator spikedzombies's Avatar
    Was up there today, it's not that dirty but does need cleaning. I'll post pictures when I get home.

....Sent from hell....

edit*

lower pit

upper pit

Last edited by spikedzombies; 08-19-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    I dont hate people, I just hate you... But I Love redheads!!!

Yes I have my business license.. NO I Won't give you a discount unless your a redhead..

Someone must have cleaned up a bit since i was there a few weeks ago. Looks a lot better, although that is not the place we're meeting up at saturday, unless there was a change of plans i didn't know about?
    Quote Originally Posted by spikedzombies View Post
    Was up there today, it's not that dirty but does need cleaning. I'll post pictures when I get home.

....Sent from hell....

edit*

lower pit

upper pit

Tactical Operator spikedzombies's Avatar

unless they are taking you to another clearing its the only 2 pits i know of to shoot at.. . the top 3 photos are the upper pit which is over the top side up the mountain about a mile , and the bottom 2 photos are the main pit.
    I dont hate people, I just hate you... But I Love redheads!!!

Yes I have my business license.. NO I Won't give you a discount unless your a redhead..

Look in the first post, second picture. There is a Google map to the hillside clearing. It is about 3 miles before the big pit.

We chose not to do the lower pit because when people are shooting at the upper pit there are just too many bullets flying overhead in the lower pit. Jim is trying to get the upper pit berms fixed to prevent shots/richocets from coming down in the lower pit. He got approval from the person with the authority at the Forest Service, we just need to find someone that has the equipment to do the berms, and coordinate with the Forest Service.
    Last edited by jmathisn; 08-20-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    Washington CPL.
    If Elmer Fudd had hair, he would definitely be a ginger.