Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 cal BMG

Quote Originally Posted by xman1 View Post
    Just sharing what it is like to shoot so he knows what to expect. What is wrong with that?

-X
    He doesn't want you to tell him what it's like to shoot it or why he should have a spotter. He wants to physically go shoot one.
    Save a child. Shoot a drug dealer. My favorite bumper sticker

?....do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Re: 50 cal BMG

Quote Originally Posted by xman1 View Post
    Just sharing what it is like to shoot so he knows what to expect. What is wrong with that?

-X
    Nothing, it just came way out of left field. Steveptr had mentioned an m82 for sale that the op cant afford but no one had offered one to shoot. I was confused, still am.

@peckerinak- I've been considering buying a .50bmg for a while now and posted up a thread on Sniper's Hide asking for overall experience and rating from PEOPLE WHO OWN THEM. It's been really informative and surprising to hear some of their experiences. The most interesting tidbit was their description of the concussive force that comes off the muzzle brake. The consensus was that the recoil is pretty minor, but the muzzle blast will make you want to go home after 10-20 shots.

check out the thread: http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers...bmg-worth.html
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Patrolman

Sorry. Just was sharing my experiences as it is one of those things that sticks in your mind permanently. So yes, go shoot one!

-X

Unless its a belt fed full auto mounted on A Hummer it's no fun!

Lol Jk. There are 50 cal single shot uppers that fit on AR lowers for under $2k

Quote Originally Posted by IRackNBack View Post

Lol. There are 50 cal single shot uppers that fit on AR lowers for under $2k
    Ok well use your money for ammo.....
    Save a child. Shoot a drug dealer. My favorite bumper sticker

?....do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by IRackNBack View Post

Lol Jk. There are 50 cal single shot uppers that fit on AR lowers for under $2k
    I have a hard time trusting an AR lower to handle the abuse that a .50 puts out. I'm sure they're fine, but you can get a serbu/grizzly/noreen ulr for under $3k and have a dedicated rifle. Hell the McMillans are available for under $4k and are a good setup from what I've heard.

A testament to the concussive force of a .50bmg with a brake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxRb_HFMgs
    Last edited by sinus211; 07-30-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Bump
    I think meeting your kid sister has moved up a few notches on my list...
    (uh... she's over eighteen, right?) J***o

The most interesting tidbit was their description of the concussive force that comes off the muzzle brake. The consensus was that the recoil is pretty minor, but the muzzle blast will make you want to go home after 10-20 shots. <-----True, all standing within 15 feet of the muzzle blast will feel it. Many times I have mounted the bolt action .50 to one of my .30 M2 tripods to ease the pain. Works surprisingly well and helps to acclimate new shooters as to what to expect with the first and follow on shots.

For the belt fed I prefer the M63 AA mount (200 lbs) over the M3 ground tripod. M63 must be secured to the ground with spikes and sand bags or you will be shooting clouds or an airplane in the wrong spot at the wrong time by the fifth shot. Nothing easy or cheap about owning, transporting or feeding Ma Deuce. One M2HB and all the peripherals required to operate fills the bed of my truck.

Is it worth it?......... Fuck ya :)

Can't support August SGN shoot. Maybe a Sept/Oct shoot if there is one

I'm gonna try to get to the quarry tomorrow with my Larr Grizzly Big Bore .50 BMG. $5 and I'll let you shoot it. I'll bring mostly ball but if anyone has anything they'd like me to punch through I'll bring some APIT.