Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Awoke to gunshots in Spanaway at 430 am!

Tactical Operator

Awoke to gunshots in Spanaway at 430 am!

So, this morning my eyes popped open at 430am. Hazy to remember why. Then I heard, through my open bedroom window:

Bang... (girlfriend startles awake) (1-2 seconds)... Bang. We turn off the noisemaker and lay quiet, listening.

It's possible that I awoke to a gunshot, so that would make it three shots total.

Gauging from the sound and distance, it sounded like a powerful/high caliber firearm, maybe big handgun or a 12 ga. Yeah, I know there are distinct sounds... but we also had a noise machine playing, and I was groggy and this was through an open window... I gauged the distance at 1/4 mile behind my house. Definitely wasn't firecrackers or a gun range.

So I called 911 to report.

I knew I would never learn what happened, but it's still disappointing that no cops showed up at my home, nobody called me to let me know anything, and I can find nothing on the news about a shooting.

This isn't something we imagined. And I can think of few reasons for someone to fire 2, perhaps 3 shots in the wee hours of the morning. Top reasons are home defense or warning shots or homicide...

Thoughts? Similar experiences?
    Never shop at Precise Shooter in Seattle. I defend the 2A. US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF x4. BSM and MSM recipient. NRA Lifetime. I'm a lawyer, but have not offered you legal advice.

Re: Awoke to gunshots in Spanaway at 430 am!

You reported a gunshot in spanaway??

Yes. I made a call and it seemed others did as well. I was monitoring the scanner and the responding units cleared the call citing fireworks. No doubt in my mind that it was gunfire and I wonder if they really made contact with anyone at all.

Wild animals.
    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

You don't call 911 for gunshots in spanaway! Now if the cable goes out or Winco is closed, well that's a different story.
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    You don't call 911 for gunshots in spanaway! Now if the cable goes out or Winco is closed, well that's a different story.
    Or if you run out of TP while using the lavatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    Or if you run out of TP while using the lavatory.
    Also a valid reason.

Are you new?
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Is Joe Biden your neighbor? perhaps his wife was scaring off some bad guys with her shotgun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcQSzk_A_G8&sns=fb

Puyallup, where kids kill kids with frying pans

I kinda think its funny how you know exactly what possibly was fired and how far away it was.

^That comes from doing time in a combat zone. Honestly, we hear them all the time, but don't pay much attention to them after moving from south Tacoma. There we would hear gun shots fallowed by police sirens. Wife and I use to joke that is was the lullaby of the ghetto. Here in Spanamainia I figure people are shooting possums, a raccoon, or a tweeker. It is after all unincorporated Pierce County. Hell when I use to live further up Mountain Hwy back in 2000ish with my girlfriend at the time I would step outside and shoot the damn crows that kept me awake after pulling staff duty or CQ.
    Everything happens for a reason. But sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.
    Mickey Mouse for President 2016 (Ind) give the big eared fucker a chance.