Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Affleck F'ING RUINS EVERYTHING!@!!!!!!!!

Re: Ben Affleck F'ING RUINS EVERYTHING!@!!!!!!!!

Yes he did ruin Dare Devil! I'm about to swear off DC comic movies after the huge failures of the last several films. Tom Hardy should be flogger for ruining Bane, Superman was lame at best, and Green lantern was about the closest to following the comic. Although Hal Jordan became Paralax after he killed off most of the Green lantern corp.

Spiked my Geek level is expert! I worked in a comic shop in high school!

That is why I'm so critical on movies based on comic books.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I think boobs and guns are as American as apple pie.

Just for the record, Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms yo!
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Just for the record, Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms yo!

Phantoms.....? Must look up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

...... and somewhere deep in the underground bat cave the real batman is saying to robin "We gots to stop this movie from getting made"

Proof that Marvel comic book movies are better then DC comic book movies. With the exception of the Dark Knight series.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.- Thomas Jefferson

Affleck has proven to be a solid director, but come on...I don't think it's too much of a stretch to recognize that his success as a serious actor has been lukewarm at best. This is a worse mistake than casting Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT View Post
    Affleck has proven to be a solid director, but come on...I don't think it's too much of a stretch to recognize that his success as a serious actor has been lukewarm at best. This is a worse mistake than casting Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs.
    Even Woz said Kutcher was good...he did have some problems with the details of the movie though.
    Douché: Pronounced "do-shay" and used like "touché", but in reply to something done or said that's utterly douchetastic e.g. "Wow, you went and did a selfie in the spray tan booth. Douché!"

Quote Originally Posted by hkcavalier View Post
    Even Woz said Kutcher was good...he did have some problems with the details of the movie though.
    The movie has been out a week and made less than $10 million. Whether Kutcher technically was good or not, the movie is a flop largely due to Kutcher being the lead.

Ben Affleck as Batman is worse than George Clooney. Whoever cast this role should be fired now! There must be better options out there.
    GO HAWKS!

2014 Superbowl Champions!!

Don't underestimate Affleck. He has starred, produced and directed some pretty bad ass movies, e.g., The Town (IMHO the best bank robbery movie of all time (Heat a close second)), Gone Baby Gone, Smoking Aces, etc.

I'm pretty sure he is going to play an old and decrepid Batman. And as noted by others Batman and Superman have butted heads often in the DC universe. He'll probably have some Kryptonite type weapons to even the playing field with Superman.

Nolan and Co know what they are dong. Man of Steel was pretty bad ass IMHO, and obviously the Batman series with Bale was solid.

If you choose what you view on TV and in the theaters based on politics of the participants, you basically should just throw your TV away and never go to the movies. 95% of Hollywood is liberal, so it is what it is.
    Just remember....when seconds count, the police are 15 to 20 minutes away...
    That's why I have a Walther PPS (9MM), FN 5.7, FN SCAR-L 16, Ed Brown Kobra Carry (1911 .45), Ruger GP100 (.38 or .357), Remington 700 (.308), Kel Tec KSG