Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Shooter from Tacoma

Feedback Score

Re: Lady Shooter from Tacoma

You guys rock. Thank you for the welcomes & tips. Maybe by Spring I can meet up with some of you for a group shoot.

And don't worry. I don't scare easily ;)

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

welcome to the site! I"ll also throw in a plug for Champion in Kent. They do have a pretty good selection of pistols in their rental section. Quite a few members shoot there as well. My wife and I go down there from time to time (not as often as I'd like!)

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 69Cuda View Post
    welcome to the site! I"ll also throw in a plug for Champion in Kent. They do have a pretty good selection of pistols in their rental section. Quite a few members shoot there as well. My wife and I go down there from time to time (not as often as I'd like!)
    I will definitely have to check it out, thank you. Any idea how much it costs to rent and shoot there? I've only ever been to my range (TRRC) and Renton.

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Indoor ranges typically charge a lane fee of $15-20 and for rentals they usually have 2-4 tiers (1 is one gun, one caliber, whole case and premium/rifle selection). The whole case usually runs $12-$17 (best deal). Now do know that you have to buy their ammo to shoot their rental gun.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by oldkim View Post
    Indoor ranges typically charge a lane fee of $15-20 and for rentals they usually have 2-4 tiers (1 is one gun, one caliber, whole case and premium/rifle selection). The whole case usually runs $12-$17 (best deal). Now do know that you have to buy their ammo to shoot their rental gun.
    I can't bring my own ammo? :( I have a stock pile at home!! Would I have to buy it by the box? And I'm assuming 'whole case' means I could try any gun I wanted?

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The deal is... if you rent their gun... you shoot their ammo. This rules out handloads that could damage their property. So they sell by the box (typically 50 rounds). Or 100 rounds for .22 Now if you shoot your gun... you can shoot whatever ammo in your own gun (granted you don't shoot armor or tracers, etc).

Feedback Score
    113 (100%)

The deal is... if you rent their gun... you shoot their ammo. This rules out handloads that could damage their property. So they sell by the box (typically 50 rounds). Or 100 rounds for .22 Now if you shoot your gun... you can shoot whatever ammo in your own gun (granted you don't shoot armor or tracers, etc).
    Except some ranges disallow lead bullets.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yes the finer details. Most will not allow steel cased, etc Each range is different. As we all use different ranges.

Feedback Score

Makes sense. I want to be as safe as possible. My biggest fear of going to a public range are the idiots shooting next to me.
    If I go to a pay range, it will only be to rent guns to help decide my next purchase. I will probably just go once so I want to go to a good one with a good selection of rentals.

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The experience of a good indoor range with rental guns is just that... Make full use of the experience. Rent the case. Plan to invest $100-200 for lane fee, rental fee and the vast majority will go to ammo. You can test out multiple calibers or if you know what caliber - the ability to focus on that caliber and see different gun makes and sizes. See what works for you. Don't short yourself by only investing $40-50... you limit yourself. Folks don't look at the experience. They are short sighted. Take a good half day and go enjoy all the models that that range may have to offer. Try them all. Revolvers, compact, mid... full size models.