Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from Skyway

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Smile New from Skyway

HEllo and thanks for being here. I am new to Seattle Guns, in a way. I joinded about a year ago but have been very inactive. THis is going to change as some of the reading here is pretty informative. One thing that I would like to hear is some discussion from other gun folks about what can be done regarding the gun violence that just seems to escalate year after year. Anti-gun folks like the idea of banning guns which makes no sense. I know a representative from Walla Walla presented a proposal to mandate back ground checks on all gun sales and this went no where. Aside from the rigid stance of do nothing does anyone want to discuss this?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Re: New from Skyway

Welcome! Lots of discussion in the discussion forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Thanks, not sure I have found that area. Not the most net sauve dude ha.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Welcome.

There is no such thing as "gun violence." It's just plain violence just like anything else. We don't call it fist violence, knife violence, baseball bat violence, etc. The term "gun violence" is a term made up by the liberals who fail to see the truth behind anything.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabba Gross View Post
    violence that just seems to escalate year after year
    The key part is 'just seems to', as the facts show violence is decreasing, not escalating. So maybe the question is how to make people aware of the fact that violence as a whole is decreasing?
    ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States )

The problem are mass shootings of 'highly valued' targets. People aren't upset when inner city drug deals go wrong and a few minorities die EVERY DAY. But combine those couple months of murders down to a single day and make them of the majority instead of a minority and it is a huge tragedy.

If your goal is to stop rich school kids from dying, the answer is armed protection, and hardened facilities. Newtown had a locked entrance, with floor to ceiling non-ballistic windows right next to it.

If you do the math on how many public schools there are in the US, you will find it is economically infeasible to staff every single one with a fully paid police officer 24/7. ( http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=84 ) You could rotate an officer(s) through randomly, to deter any action against the location, and that may be surprisingly effective. The people we're defending against are cowards - they'll go to another gun free zone in a mall or movie theater instead if they expect resistance at schools.

Additionally, not having a huge expose on the scum and giving them as little coverage as possible would decrease occurance, focus on memorials and fundraising to benefit victims instead. That is more of a cultural change - if everyone decided it was disgusting to cover the murderer and it didn't boost ratings, the 'news' outlets wouldn't cover it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Welcome!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I used to work at the bowl.Welcome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Welcome to the site!

We can help to curb violent crime by encouraging more people to carry concealed pistols. Criminals don't like "victims" that are armed and will fight back, it tends to disrupt their success.

I believe it was Heinlein that said "an armed society is a polite society." The man has a point.

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Shooter
    Feedback Score

It is odd how today we do have the lowest crime rates in recorded history and this fact seems to be missing from the MSM. I guess it doesn't sell enough papers. Heinlein and a whole lot of folks share that thought, that is why so many dictators disarm their citizens but I am not sure more ccws is the answer. I have been on ranges with others who carry and wonder what they are doing with a permit. A lot of un educated and untrained guns out could be worse if the condition comes up to stop a bad guy. I like the idea of manitory training of some sort to get a ccw, so I have gotten some of that training to be a better citizen. What is wrong with having a bit more education to get a cow, maybe some free or cheap classes taught on LEO's dime. And it is gun violence just like and accident is and auto accident when it involves a car. In the past few years there has been a number ofolks with mental problems having guns and killing a number of folks, what is wrong with some method to report when someone is going down the wacky highway?

Thanks for the welcomes and looking forward to reading around in the forums. I know it will take me some time to be able to cruise around the sight. Merry Holidays and a great Solstice.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Why not impose restrictions on reproduction that would limit the number of poorly raised criminals wandering the street? Why not impose more restrictions on educational standards to make sure that our next generation leaves the school system with a more rounded education than the last?

Why more restrictions on firearms?

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/