Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member, pleased to be here!

New member, pleased to be here!

Good afternoon people, My name is Dean. Last week I purchased a Detonics Combat Master off of Armslist. The gentleman I purchased the gun from mentioned this site. I like what I see and hear, so here we go. I would give him a honorable mention, but I don't recall his user name. His real name is Jeff, we are both from Kitsap County.

I purchased my first handgun back around 1980. It was a new S&W 4" stainless model 66 with combat grips. I kept in for a few of years, then sold it, just prior to joining the Navy. I didn't own another gun until mid 1990. I bought a new Taurus model 85, 38 special, in blue, for the wife to have while I was deployed on sea duty. I still have it, but not the wife. From then until late summer of 2012, I had no involvement in guns at all. My re-entry to firearms enthusiasm started when I was selling my boat. The buyer was a $1000.00 short and offered to give me a mint condition Kimber stainless custom raptor II. The addiction was on from there. I now have pistols from Beretta, BUL, Colt, Dan Wesson, Detonics, IMI, Kimber, Ruger, and Sig Sauer, with 1911 being the favorites. That's it for now, stay warm gang!

Re: New member, pleased to be here!

Welcome to the madness. Please do not feed the trolls, err you will probably think ALL of them are trolls but well.

Anyways Welcome!! And your collection sounds like it is well rounded, need to start thinking about what gaps you need to fill in it LOL.

what is your favorite 1911?
    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.

You have good taste in guns. Welcome to SGN!!!
    "Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Welcome to the site.

Oh ya, another one on the good side of the eternal plastic vs 1911 battle. Welcome, glad you joined us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

Welcome to SGN. Lots of good folks here to meet and chew the fat with. Sounds like you will fit right in here.

Welcome to the sight and Shavru is wrong you can`t confuse me for a troll I don`t have enough hair.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! Shavru, that is a really tough question. I love them all. If I have to pick one, I'd have to say, Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm but only because I can shoot so well with it. It's a true tack driver! Most of my collection is in 45 ACP, my favorite caliber.

Welcome to the forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    Id crawl through a mile of broken glass just to suck the dick that fucked her last.

Welcome ...great place to be!