Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what is going on with the site lately?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Re: what is going on with the site lately?

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Looking into other more secure and easier to manage options.

Time to go... Old School again?

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!
    Want an affordable cell phone plan with great coverage? Look no further, click HERE!

Feedback Score
    118 (100%)

the problem comes and goes. slow reloads, server timeouts, chat takes so long that what you typed disappears and refreshes....

This happens at work and at home, sometimes on my phone. For me it happens on multiple browsers as well..... There is definitely something wrong.

The fact that the redirect that hasn't worked for months isn't a big deal, but is a nuisance.

Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

I get 10 times more complaints about VB5 than VB4.
    We "upgraded" from VB 4 to VB 5 after getting hacked the same day as SGN was hacked.
    VB 5 is buggy as shit, and you're right; hard to manage.
    VB 5 keeps the spammers out though. Only had successfully create an account in 4 months.
    With VB 4 we had 60 a day.

Ya, if I had to do it over again I don't think I would have stayed with VB.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Then guys will just bitch about VB5. Seems like VB might not have been the best choice. Looking into other more secure and easier to manage options.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Barfly View Post
    the problem comes and goes. slow reloads, server timeouts,
    Welcome to GoDaddy...

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!
    Want an affordable cell phone plan with great coverage? Look no further, click HERE!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Seen it do some weird stuff lately and at time inaccessible. Using Chrome as well

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    Welcome to GoDaddy...
    This is one issue. I get a hiccup now and then, but havent had anything to make me think there is a problem with the site. If there is a problem, pretty damn tough to pinpoint, when there is 5 different browser options out there, several different operating systems, phone users, ipad users, mac users, droid users, xfinity, frontier, verizon....

One thing that is certain, every time a page doesnt load lightning fast, it is the site's fault.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

We switched from GoDaddy because of the site overloading they do. Forums use a lot of load, especially ones with many members on at one time. Chat is a huge connection killer as well. We moved to a dedicated/shared server setup with only a few sites on the server.

That being said, we have had our share of hiccups as well and it can usually be traced back to the server. The good part is the fact I KNOW the server I am on, with a dedicated IP and (as of lately) have a hotline directly to the team that manages my server if there is a hiccup. This will put downtime to a minimum.

One thing to remember is that it's hardly ever the sites fault if it's down, unless some coding fails or a Tunisian hacker gets a hard on. The server that you have no control over locks up, just like our phones and computers do on occasion. Sometimes you just gotta roll with it and pray that some IT guy is on top of it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    Welcome to GoDaddy...
    That would be my guess as to root issue, a particular problem with shared hosting (if that's what SGN is on) where over-allocation means more money for the hosting company. My $.02.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776, Jefferson Papers 344.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Hmm me and Firefox haven`t seen any problems. So keep up what ever you are doing

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

I use Firefox as well . . . . .and have seen issues

I am peaceful man, and if trouble knocks on my door it gets two in the chest an one in the head . . .
    http://ThrivingHartNW.com