Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with chat?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Re: What's up with chat?

You know you have him TA when he messes up and post that 15 minutes before chat goes down.

Feedback Score
    118 (100%)

HA!....

looks like part of the problem, at least for us, may be that John may have some damn ports blocked at the firewall that are screwing with the Chat portion. TA, can you possibly PM me which ports that the chat portion may use so we can unblock them?

Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

TA, "General Chat" was working for us intermittently in our network until yesterday. Did "evolve" change the ports that chat comes in on?

Update: I turned on logging on our firewall filtered to SGN and nothing is being blocked; I even put in an exception specifically for SGN. It appears our IP address is being blocked from Chat not at our end.

TA, when you gave Jim his timeout a while back and he received a message saying he was blocked in chat, did you ever unblock his IP address from chat itself. Jim got back into General Chat by being invited back in. I have also had the same problems with chat from our workplace since that day; that IP address is the same IP address through a proxy firewall for 3 SGN members. That seems to be the common denominator.

Last edited by jmathisn; 03-04-2014 at 08:32 AM.
    Washington CPL.
    If Elmer Fudd had hair, he would definitely be a ginger.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jmathisn View Post
    TA, "General Chat" was working for us intermittently in our network until yesterday. Did "evolve" change the ports that chat comes in on?

Update: I turned on logging on our firewall filtered to SGN and nothing is being blocked; I even put in an exception specifically for SGN. It appears our IP address is being blocked from Chat not at our end.

TA, when you gave Jim his timeout a while back and he received a message saying he was blocked in chat, did you ever unblock his IP address from chat itself. Jim got back into General Chat by being invited back in. I have also had the same problems with chat from our workplace since that day; that IP address is the same IP address through a proxy firewall for 3 SGN members. That seems to be the common denominator.
    I'll check into it. From what I understand a regular ban from the site doesn't effect anything on the chat. I have never specifically banned anyone from the chat itself so I will have to go snooping in the chat details and see if I can find something in there.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."