Thread: Looking for shooting buddies!

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Looking for shooting buddies!

Hi everybody. I'm kinda new to the area and looking for some guys and gals that want to go pop off a few rounds together. I live in Seattle but I'm willing to drive(with in reason). Currently I'm looking for a place to call my home range. I'm open to all safe and responsible gun owner who would like to meet up and shoot. My friends and coworkers are all dirty hippies so I don't really have much in the way of shooting partners.

Let me know here and I can get you my info.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Re: Looking for shooting buddies!

I will be shooting trap Saturday at Renton Fish and game.....2:00 PM...Always great to have folks out and I always bring and extra shot gun...come on out !!!!

Dan G
    2nd place is just first loser

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Thanks Dan. I'll try to make it out. Being a chef I usually am chained to the stove on Saturdays but I'll try to sneak out. I'm Joe by the way.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JRM115 View Post
    My friends and coworkers are all dirty hippies so I don't really have much in the way of shooting partners.
    As a damn (occasionally dirty) hippy, let me welcome you to the area! I usually go to the Seattle Police Athletic Association range in Tukwila. They have outdoor ranges, with fixed target stands at 25', 25 yards, and 50 yards for pistol + .22lr rifles, and 50,100,200 for rifle calibers. Membership is yearly and pretty cheap, around $150 I think. They have Bullseye Leagues twice a year.

Only drawback is limited hours: cease fire is 4:30 unless the Bullseye League is going.

I'd be happy to take you as a guest so you can check it out.

There's also the Roger Dahl range under the West Seattle Stadium. It's run by the West Seattle Sportsman's Club and they have open hours Monday 6:00 - 8:00 but you might have to wait a bit while some teenagers shooting matches finish up. Those fuckers are hitting .20 cal bullseyes standing. Pisses me off how much better than me those snot nosed kids are. This range is small bore only. Some folks shoot airguns. Kind of dank and dark. I don't go there too much.

"Pretty sure the Russians were trying to defeat themselves with this rifle." -friend on his Mosin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

You might check out Tuesday night pistol league and Friday night rifle league at West Coast Armory in factoria, if they still offer it. Good place to run your stuff and BS between rounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hey Joe,

I'm down for some trigger time. I really like Renton Fish and Game because indoor ranges don't provide a bunch of challenge. However, I have a few buddies that like pulling the trigger in the woods and I'm planning to go out with them this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by dgindlesperger View Post
    I will be shooting trap Saturday at Renton Fish and game.....2:00 PM...Always great to have folks out and I always bring and extra shot gun...come on out !!!!
    Will a Mossberg 930 SPX work on the trap range?

"If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

If you are interested in joining Oath Keepers, the Snohomish County chapter goes shooting the first Saturday of every month and smaller groups of us shoot at least one or 2 times in between the bigger shoots.

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score

Hi JRM -
    I Live near West Seattle too ( By Westwood Village / Roxbury ) I'm 36, white guy, I love local breweries, and well, guns (lol), I work for a utility

My cousins, co-workers, and old shooting buddies never actually go shoot anymore

I'm a member at Bellevue gun club / West Coast, I love Renton Fish & Game, and go to Champions and Discount sometimes too

Call or text me anytime when ever you want to shoot ( after 5pm weekdays / anytime weekends )
    Check you PM's for my info

Last edited by kassenz; 03-23-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Webster82 View Post
    Hey Joe,

I'm down for some trigger time. I really like Renton Fish and Game because indoor ranges don't provide a bunch of challenge. However, I have a few buddies that like pulling the trigger in the woods and I'm planning to go out with them this spring.

Will a Mossberg 930 SPX work on the trap range?
    mossy works well.....

Dan G
    2nd place is just first loser