Thread: Hello from the Eastside

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Hello from the Eastside

Recently joined and decided to see who else was doing any AK builds.

1st Kit Build
    My 922(R) compliance parts list looks like this:
    1) Green Mountain Barrel, which has been fitted, head-spaced, and pinned to the trunnion.
    2) Southern Armament stamped finished receiver with 'USA operator markings', which is good as I don't read Cyrillic.
    3) Archangel OPFOR Butt Stock, because the adjustable comb seems functional as well as looks incredibly cool!
    4) Archangel OPFOR Upper and Lower Handguards, as the upper has a Picatinny-Weaver rail on top (or a traditional profile), and the lower has an internal heat shield.
    5) Magpul MOE AK Pistol Grip, as the one on my AR provides a good, comfortable grip.
    6) TAPCO AK74-style Muzzle Device, because it looks functional as well as again, looks incredibly cool!
    7, 8, and 9) TAPCO Single Hook G2 Trigger Group (Trigger, hammer, disconnector)
    10) 2x AK-47 TAPCO Intrafuse Magazines, DE, 30rd

My original Polish kit part count, with respect to 922(R) compliance, is as follows:
    1) Front and Rear Trunnions
    2) Bolt Carrier
    3) Bolt
    4) Gas Piston

All this should allow for the weapon to be well within 922(R) compliance, which means I can snap one of those nifty snail drums into the mag well and rock-and-roll! Well, at least as best I'm able to do so on semi-auto...

BTW, supposedly there is no upper limit on the number of receivers one may manufacture. If you find an upper limit posted by the ATF, please let me know.

Last edited by SelousX; 04-09-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Operator
    Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Re: Hello from the Eastside

Welcome to SGN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not into AK's, but glad you are.

cootduster

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    34 (97%)

Welcome to another member, nothing wrong with a ak or variant.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

I believe as long as you are not selling them regularly you are OK.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SelousX View Post
    Recently joined and decided to see who else was doing any AK builds.

1st Kit Build
    My 922(R) compliance parts list looks like this:
    1) Green Mountain Barrel, which has been fitted, head-spaced, and pinned to the trunnion.
    2) Southern Armament stamped finished receiver with 'USA operator markings', which is good as I don't read Cyrillic.
    3) Archangel OPFOR Butt Stock, because the adjustable comb seems functional as well as looks incredibly cool!
    4) Archangel OPFOR Upper and Lower Handguards, as the upper has a Picatinny-Weaver rail on top (or a traditional profile), and the lower has an internal heat shield.
    5) Magpul MOE AK Pistol Grip, as the one on my AR provides a good, comfortable grip.
    6) TAPCO AK74-style Muzzle Device, because it looks functional as well as again, looks incredibly cool!
    7, 8, and 9) TAPCO Single Hook G2 Trigger Group (Trigger, hammer, disconnector)
    10) 2x AK-47 TAPCO Intrafuse Magazines, DE, 30rd

My original Polish kit part count, with respect to 922(R) compliance, is as follows:
    1) Front and Rear Trunnions
    2) Bolt Carrier
    3) Bolt
    4) Gas Piston

All this should allow for the weapon to be well within 922(R) compliance, which means I can snap one of those nifty snail drums into the mag well and rock-and-roll! Well, at least as best I'm able to do so on semi-auto...

BTW, supposedly there is no upper limit on the number of receivers one may manufacture. If you find an upper limit posted by the ATF, please let me know.
    Welcome!

The ATF won't tell you there is an upper limit until they've raided your house and told the media that you are in violation of the limits according their letter published after they raided your house.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Welcome!

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

Welcome!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams to Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts 1798

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Welcome to the site!