Recently joined and decided to see who else was doing any AK builds.
1st Kit Build
My 922(R) compliance parts list looks like this:
1) Green Mountain Barrel, which has been fitted, head-spaced, and pinned to the trunnion.
2) Southern Armament stamped finished receiver with 'USA operator markings', which is good as I don't read Cyrillic.
3) Archangel OPFOR Butt Stock, because the adjustable comb seems functional as well as looks incredibly cool!
4) Archangel OPFOR Upper and Lower Handguards, as the upper has a Picatinny-Weaver rail on top (or a traditional profile), and the lower has an internal heat shield.
5) Magpul MOE AK Pistol Grip, as the one on my AR provides a good, comfortable grip.
6) TAPCO AK74-style Muzzle Device, because it looks functional as well as again, looks incredibly cool!
7, 8, and 9) TAPCO Single Hook G2 Trigger Group (Trigger, hammer, disconnector)
10) 2x AK-47 TAPCO Intrafuse Magazines, DE, 30rd
My original Polish kit part count, with respect to 922(R) compliance, is as follows:
1) Front and Rear Trunnions
2) Bolt Carrier
4) Gas Piston
All this should allow for the weapon to be well within 922(R) compliance, which means I can snap one of those nifty snail drums into the mag well and rock-and-roll! Well, at least as best I'm able to do so on semi-auto...
BTW, supposedly there is no upper limit on the number of receivers one may manufacture. If you find an upper limit posted by the ATF, please let me know.