Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chipotle... meet Starbucks

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score

Chipotle... meet Starbucks

So it seems Chipotle has joined the anti-gun ranks of Starbucks. They no longer welcome customers who exercise their 2nd amendment right. They recently came out this week to say, "We are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel."
    If anybody's as fed up with company's like this as I am, I'm asking if any one in the Federal way area would like to stand up with me in front of the Federal way Chipotle to hand out flyers to inform their customers of their anti-gun policy. Open Cary is optional (I'll have mine).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Re: Chipotle... meet Starbucks

i can tell you that if i were in an establishment, like a restaurant, and a bunch of people walked in brandishing firearms (loaded ARs included) and i had my family with me, id be very damn uncomfortable. In fact, i hope you would too. Chipotles is merely asking for discretion. I don't know these MFers and why should i trust any idiot carrying gun to be responsible????? Fed up with what? This is stupid. What if i walked around with an ax everywhere i went for a day? So I'm going to be an idiot cause i can. Being a RESPONSIBLE gun owner does not give me the need to force it down everyone's throat, like it or not. Hey guess what! Guns make people uncomfortable! Don't be an idiot because your trying to make a point.
    If anyone is fed up with people trying to shove their rights down everyone else's throats for the sake of being a dick, stand up with me.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb View Post
    So it seems Chipotle has joined the anti-gun ranks of Starbucks. They no longer welcome customers who exercise their 2nd amendment right. They recently came out this week to say, "We are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel."
    If anybody's as fed up with company's like this as I am, I'm asking if any one in the Federal way area would like to stand up with me in front of the Federal way Chipotle to hand out flyers to inform their customers of their anti-gun policy. Open Cary is optional (I'll have mine).
    Question since you are so hot and bothered by this. . .. .did you look at the other thread that is going on about this?? If so, did you see the two toolsheds that were involved, and the example of "gun owners" that they promoted?? http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...-in-our-stores

We as gun owners don't need that kind of publicity, and for you to then want to protest the company for making a rational business decision, seems a bit off base. . .

Last edited by FishRanger; 05-21-2014 at 12:33 AM.
    I am peaceful man, and if trouble knocks on my door it gets two in the chest an one in the head . . .
    http://ThrivingHartNW.com

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score

Then give up your right to open carry now. I'm not defending the intent of what those guys did or how they went about it... they were wrong hands down. Theres a time and place for everything. What I am trying to do is inform the public of Chipotles policy regarding the carrying of any firearm, concealed or not. Chipotle took an isolated incident, and created policy around it because of the way a couple of irresponsible individuals conducted them selves. If you sit back and do nothing, instead of educating the public in a positive way, your essentially promoting what these guys did in the eyes of the public, by simply owning the same kind of gun. There are a lot of uneducated people out there when it comes to guns and "assault rifles". The people who are trying to remove them from our hands are going to take this story and use it against every one of us. There's a big difference between frightening the public by presenting your firearm in a threatening way, and wearing your firearm in a peaceful manner when protesting or to creating awareness. Anyone who thinks that by concealing the very thing their fighting to keep instead of using it as a tool to educate, has already lost the battle. You have a choice, you can either educate the public in a responsible way, or hand over your guns now.

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Standing in front of a Chipotle's while OC'ing and handing out flyers about guns and OC isn't going about educating the public in a responsible way IMO. All your going to do is scare more people and reinforce their opinion of Chipotles decision.

Welcome to reality, most people, especially in the Seattle area, don't want to see guns. Conceal if you want to carry.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

when these 2 douches show up and look like this in a restaurant I am sure customers got scared I know I would not be happy with 2 douches like this running around carrying their rifles and taking pictures to be a douche and the business is there to make money not to make a statement remember it is legal to have a penis but not a good idea to have it hanging out all day as you walk around. An open carry pistol would not have the same effect as a large rifle. Remember just because you can do something does not mean you should. I don`t blame Chipolte as I don`t blame Starbucks remember some Douches forced their hand they just didn`t make it a policy for no reason sort of why some curling irons say "for external use only" some sick fuck forced it

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/20/news...chipotle-guns/

Feedback Score
    118 (100%)

IF we do nothing, we are essentially promoting what those two knuckle-draggers did? WTF kind of crazy logic is that man? C'mon now, we all agree that those guys are nitwits and that it sucks what Chipotle is doing, but fuck them. Show them how you feel with your wallet. Don't eat there, the food sucks anyways.
    Companies like this aren't out to protect or protest anybody's rights, but rather to make a profit. They made a rash decision based on a single event, yes, but I can at least understand why they are doing it. Protesting them seems counter productive.

Yes, open carry is legal, but it is NOT always sensible. Use common sense. You do realize that forcing open carry on folks who may be intimidated by firearms, etc is just making a case for them to vote against our rights at their next opportunity.

Open carry when camping, when doing outdoor activities, when at establishments that embrace open carry, not in places where you make others specifically uncomfortable or where it is specifically not welcome.. This does our cause no good and if folks don't start chilling on this, you will most likely see open carry laws change. Don't give our opponents more ammo to go to war against our rights.

Climb down from your soap box and go pay the $60 to get a concealed carry permit. Problem solved.

Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    If you open carry and have a hand gun in a holster on your hip that's completely different than grabbing your tacticooled out sks and going in to a restaurant and striking a Rambo pose so you can Facebook/ Instagram/ twitter/ what stupid social forum while probably muzzle flogging people to make a stand for your rights. That's helping nothing, your making yourself look like a ass and making all gun owners look like tools. Wanna make a difference? Write letters, vote for gun friendly politicians, go clean up shooting spots, clean up after your damn self when you go shooting, conceal carry, teach your kids and nephews/ nieces how to handle firearms.

Second amendment rights are like religions and dicks, have it and be proud, but don't whip it out in public and try and force it upon people.

Everyone freaked when Obama took office that he's gonna take our guns, here we are years later and none the thing is happening, if anything were better off, gun sells skyrocketed, which means there has to be more people that have bought guns for the first time, CC permits are at all time highs. Only problems are the stupid people scalping ammo or whatever for ridiculous prices and the opposite losers who try and bash anyone trying to make a buck or bitch and whine about prices all the while hoarding crap too.

I love guns and I love shooting, it's a fun hobby, building AR's is a fun, upgrading and tweaking any gun is fun. But some of the gun rights down everyone's throats makes gun owners look like crazies.

I think meeting your kid sister has moved up a few notches on my list...
    (uh... she's over eighteen, right?) J***o

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score

Apparently every one who responded to my post missed my last, "There's a big difference between frightening the public by presenting your firearm in a threatening way, and wearing your firearm in a peaceful manner when protesting or to creating awareness to your cause." I never mentioned carrying a rifle either, I was talking about my pistol.
    The answer is education and exposure. Since we have so many opinionated people responding to my post, I challenge one of you to suggest any other way. You can teach your kids what you will, but I can guarantee by the time their old enough to vote, the decision will be made for them. I also see a lot of people refusing to go to Starbucks... Really how's that working out, their stronger then ever. If your idea of exposure is posting a bumper sticker on your truck that says "I love guns and coffee" guess what, it's not working. For some reason a lot of people are getting hung up on my choice to open carry. I don't normally open carry, and yes I did spend the $60 for my CPL. I'm simply suggesting that when the only exposure people have to firearms is through some ass holes in Texas, or a shooting in Connecticut, their not going to see things our way. My goal is education, and positive exposure, not to flaunt my gun. Guess what, when done in the RIGHT way it works. I speak from experience, not opinion.
    So if anyone's interested in educating the public in a positive way, let me know. My focus is educating the public on the places they do business. I'm not asking that you bring a gun, but if your afraid to be seen with someone who does, stay home.

Feedback Score
    118 (100%)

using a firearm as a tool to protest is anything but peaceful nor will it increase any positive awareness. I have no issues with OC as long as it is done in a way as to not make our situation worse than it already is.

Remember that we are all on the same side here. Also remember that we are trying to persuade folks (who already dislike or fear firearms) that shooting can be a fun and safe hobby, and that exercising one's right to own and carry a firearm is not a threat to them, their families nor personal liberties.

Last edited by Barfly; 05-21-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....