Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Chipotle... meet Starbucks

Sniper
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)

Re: Chipotle... meet Starbucks

^ Yes, and naked hot girls at the front! I am so there!

Shooter
    Feedback Score

That seems like two choices, and the proposition is ridiculous. I have a multitude of choices and they don't include becoming an educator or surrendering my guns.

"If anyone is fed up with people trying to shove their rights down everyone else's throats for the sake of being a dick, stand up with me." I prefer to keep a low profile but I tend to agree. Football, that's another matter.

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

if you are looking for a good way to educate people without freaking out the masses and dragging negative attention to gun owners, i suggest taking a liberal to the range instead.

take an impressionable person, or family member to the range and let them shoot a couple different 22 rifles or pistols and show them how fun and useful firearms can be.

I think it is alot easier to convert someone into a pro 2A person when they see the fun aspect of it first, not people carrying a rifle at the burrito place. once they learn that firearms can be fun, they can choose to get involved in the debates/politics of the whole thing, but forcing an issue into peoples lives that generally dont care about your topic is a losing battle.

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score

I'm pretty sure the horse is dead on this one... on both sides of the issue.
    Completely removing the carrying of a gun out of the topic, your opinion of not educating people is an ignorant one. I'm not saying that you need to hand out flyers to do it, that's just one approach. Talk to your friends, family, or any one who will listen. Educating someone, if their willing to listen is far from shoving anything down their throat. We just had a mass shooting on Friday with someone who legally purchased his fire arms, and had a back ground check to get them. There are people out there right now blaming "craven politicians, and the lack of back ground checks " for the cause of these killings. The stupidity of this makes my head spin, yet those people are getting that crap out there, and what's worse is the people you claim don't care about the issue are buying into this shit. So yes, by saying nothing and not giving a voice to our side is indirectly contributing to the anti gun movement in this country. I'm also sure you'll have a much easier time having a quick conversation with someone about the issue, then dragging them to a gun range. While I do support the idea, it's not practical in every situation.

Last edited by Jcb; 05-27-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb View Post
    I'm pretty sure the horse is dead on this one... on both sides of the issue.
    Completely removing the carrying of a gun out of the topic, your opinion of not educating people is an ignorant one. I'm not saying that you need to hand out flyers to do it, that's just one approach. Talk to your friends, family, or any one who will listen. Educating someone, if their willing to listen is far from shoving anything down their throat. We just had a mass shooting on Friday with someone who legally purchased his fire arms, and had a back ground check to get them. There are people out there right now blaming "craven politicians, and the lack of back ground checks " for the cause of these killings. The stupidity of this makes my head spin, yet those people are getting that crap out there, and what's worse is the people you claim don't care about the issue are buying into this shit. So yes, by saying nothing and not giving a voice to our side is indirectly contributing to the anti gun movement in this country. I'm also sure you'll have a much easier time having a quick conversation with someone about the issue, then dragging them to a gun range. While I do support the idea, it's not practical in every situation.
    I was more aiming that at the original idiots that went to chipotle with rifles, and not at you for just wanting to educate people.

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score

I agree... Just not what this thread was about. There's another thread all about those idiots.