Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chipotle... meet Starbucks

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Re: Chipotle... meet Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb View Post
    So it seems Chipotle has joined the anti-gun ranks of Starbucks. They no longer welcome customers who exercise their 2nd amendment right. They recently came out this week to say, "We are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel."
    If anybody's as fed up with company's like this as I am, I'm asking if any one in the Federal way area would like to stand up with me in front of the Federal way Chipotle to hand out flyers to inform their customers of their anti-gun policy. Open Cary is optional (I'll have mine).
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT View Post
    Are you sure it was a guy you know? Are you sure it wasn't...nothing?
    Red Flags - by Soldier Hard [www.redcon1musicgroup.org]

Feedback Score
    173 (100%)

You want to help us lose our gun rights? Open Carry is a nice first step....

If you hand out flyers in front of Chipotle people are just going to think you are some kind of wack job.

A better first step would be to ask all the inbred dipfucks to quit bringing their AR's and AK's to fast food restaurants and making us all look like idiots.

I also find it interesting they never do this at a McDonald's or a KFC.....pussies....they know based on the demographic...they will get shot at LOL. They just go to hipster places like Chipotle or Starbucks....

"Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score

I haven't forgot whos side I'm on. That's why I joined SGN. I will say I'm a little shocked at the response from people here though. It kinda made me wonder who was on who's side though. I'm on the side of the ones who who gave us this freedom to begin with, and dedicated 8 years of my life in the military defending it.
    I also get that in order to keep that freedom we have to go about it with tact and be mindful of the people who wish to vote those freedoms away. That is why my posts have condemned those guys in Texas for their approach, not praised them. The gripe I have is with Chipotle... Not to mention Bloomberg and every other anti-gun liberal who is lying to people on the fence with gun control. We are never going to change the minds of the anti-gun left, no matter how right we are (no pun intended). The only thing we can do is show the people in the middle that just because you carry a gun, your not the bad guy. Again I don't open carry on regular basis, but I do believe it has its time and place. On 5 different occasions I did just that, and I'll tell you that almost every person I spoke to had changed their thoughts on guns. I found that despite all the hype, people judge you on your personality and character, not the gun on your hip. I'm unaware of any situation in history where a person standing up for their second amendment right, handing out flyers and starting dialog, turned the gun and held the place up. People know that, and you'd be surprised how many people actually support what you are doing after a friendly conversation. If you support what I'm wanting to do, come and join me. I didn't start this thread to create a debate, only to find like minded people who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in.

Sniper
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)

Can I open carry my penis to this event? Sounds cool!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

We as gun owners need to be the bigger man and say we understand and respect your request...and leave them the fuck alone....If you dont like their policy, don't eat there, it's that fucking easy. If I were there with my daughter and two dickholes walked in with AR's..I would leave.....

Dan G
    2nd place is just first loser

Feedback Score
    173 (100%)

If someone walks into a restaurant I am in with an AR.....I am fucking nervous....there is no reason for it and I will likely think the guy is up to something...it's ridiculous...

Plus it's hard to eat a burrito with one hand on your pistol.....

"Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb View Post
    I haven't forgot whos side I'm on. That's why I joined SGN. I will say I'm a little shocked at the response from people here though. It kinda made me wonder who was on who's side though. I'm on the side of the ones who who gave us this freedom to begin with, and dedicated 8 years of my life in the military defending it.
    I also get that in order to keep that freedom we have to go about it with tact and be mindful of the people who wish to vote those freedoms away. That is why my posts have condemned those guys in Texas for their approach, not praised them. The gripe I have is with Chipotle... Not to mention Bloomberg and every other anti-gun liberal who is lying to people on the fence with gun control. We are never going to change the minds of the anti-gun left, no matter how right we are (no pun intended). The only thing we can do is show the people in the middle that just because you carry a gun, your not the bad guy. Again I don't open carry on regular basis, but I do believe it has its time and place. On 5 different occasions I did just that, and I'll tell you that almost every person I spoke to had changed their thoughts on guns. I found that despite all the hype, people judge you on your personality and character, not the gun on your hip. I'm unaware of any situation in history where a person standing up for their second amendment right, handing out flyers and starting dialog, turned the gun and held the place up. People know that, and you'd be surprised how many people actually support what you are doing after a friendly conversation. If you support what I'm wanting to do, come and join me. I didn't start this thread to create a debate, only to find like minded people who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in.

I believe the point that the people here are trying to make is that going and standing in front of a Chipotle with flyers and guns, immediately after they have just requested that people not bring guns to their establishment, is a terrible idea. Chipotle has every right, whether we like it or not, to say they don' want guns in their stores. Frankly, after having those asshats in Texas pull the stunt that they did, I completely understand why Chipotle made the decision they did.

It's a freaking restaurant, not a political forum. People want to show up and have a meal. They don't want to talk politics, and they don't want to be exposed to things that make them uncomfortable. By people "making a stand for their rights" at that restaurant they have forced Chipotle to become an unwilling participant. A politically charged atmosphere is bad for business. They simply want people to take their crap elsewhere. If people had just CC'd or not been such asshats while open carrying, I can't imagine Chipotle would haveever even touched the issue. All that we've managed to do is make ourselves more enemies and get ourselves more bad press.

Going and having a rally at a restaurant is going to be seen as brash and rude.

Read this before you PM me:

DO NOT PM me asking why you can't post an ad unless you are already a GOLD or PLATINUM member. If you haven't paid for a membership, you can't post ads.

Really, that's all I ask. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by COYOTE JLR View Post
    I believe the point that the people here are trying to make is that going and standing in front of a Chipotle with flyers and guns, immediately after they have just requested that people not bring guns to their establishment, is a terrible idea. Chipotle has every right, whether we like it or not, to say they don' want guns in their stores. Frankly, after having those asshats in Texas pull the stunt that they did, I completely understand why Chipotle made the decision they did.

It's a freaking restaurant, not a political forum. People want to show up and have a meal. They don't want to talk politics, and they don't want to be exposed to things that make them uncomfortable. By people "making a stand for their rights" at that restaurant they have forced Chipotle to become an unwilling participant. A politically charged atmosphere is bad for business. They simply want people to take their crap elsewhere. If people had just CC'd or not been such asshats while open carrying, I can't imagine Chipotle would haveever even touched the issue. All that we've managed to do is make ourselves more enemies and get ourselves more bad press.

+1 and very well written.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by COYOTE JLR View Post

While I agree with your saying at the same time I disagree the only this that the people did wrong is pose for pictures for what ever reason they had. I follow the line that a hand gun is to get you to a rifle. If carrying a rifle is bad then shouldn't carringing a pistol be in the same logic after all they are both guns and have the potential of doing the same thing. In this argument it's all about tactics theses two morons went about it the wrong way.

You or I should be able to go about your business without getting in to a political debate. Yes. But if I so choose I should to carry with rifle or pistol no matter what someone may think. Both fall under the same 2nd ammendment until a case makes it to the Supreme Court and they rule other wise. Law of the land and all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Save a child. Shoot a drug dealer. My favorite bumper sticker

?....do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steveptr View Post
    While I agree with your saying at the same time I disagree the only this that the people did wrong is pose for pictures for what ever reason they had. I follow the line that a hand gun is to get you to a rifle. If carrying a rifle is bad then shouldn't carringing a pistol be in the same logic after all they are both guns and have the potential of doing the same thing. In this argument it's all about tactics theses two morons went about it the wrong way.

You or I should be able to go about your business without getting in to a political debate. Yes. But if I so choose I should to carry with rifle or pistol no matter what someone may think. Both fall under the same 2nd ammendment until a case makes it to the Supreme Court and they rule other wise. Law of the land and all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    What these guys did was make a scene. An entirely unnecessary scene. They came in looking like a couple of thugs with rifles strapped round their necks. It wasn't subtle, and it in no way made anybody feel safer. Sure, you could try and play it off that their only intention was to sit down and have a nice, quiet meal, but you're going to have the devil's own job getting me to believe that. They were their to be noticed and they were there to walk up to the very edge of what is legal.

I'm not a rabidly anti OC guy. I believe that there is a time, a place, and a way in which it should be done. Like you said, the tactics these idiots chose were bad. I'd consider their antics the antithesis of what is the "proper" way.

Now we could get a little idealistic and say that "I should be able to carry anyway I want, whenever I want, and wherever I want." and that "There shouldn't be any 'proper' way so long as it's legal", and I would, in an ideal world, agree with you. Guns and the right to carry them shouldn't be an issue. People shouldn't be scared of them. The government shouldn't be involved in them. The issue is that this isn't an ideal world. There's an abundance of fear and misinformation out there, and our idealism will not be well received.

Walking around with a tacticool rifle slung over your back is confrontational in our society. Plain and simple. Not only is it confrontational, but it's also very threatening to someone who is already uncomfortable around guns. When people feel threatened, they shut down. They're not going to hear what you say.

I don't believe we should give up on our dreams of an ideal world, I think we should strive for that, however, we should temper our efforts with a bit of realism and tact. Trying to force our ideals down someone's throat is counterproductive. It's ended our welcome in Starbucks, and now it's ended our welcome in Chipotle. People need to wake up and start seeing things clearly. We're shooting ourselves in the foot by thinking that just because we can, means that we also should.

Read this before you PM me:

DO NOT PM me asking why you can't post an ad unless you are already a GOLD or PLATINUM member. If you haven't paid for a membership, you can't post ads.

Really, that's all I ask. Thank you.