Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Lake City welcome & some questions

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Cool A Lake City welcome & some questions

Hi guys and gals. I'm originally from Texas but I moved to Washington a couple years ago. I live in Seattle and recently purchased my first handgun, a Smith & Wesson SD9VE. Certainly going to be a heck of a gun...when I get approved. Bought the gun August 30th (Saturday) from Morty's Top Guns on Aurora, and as of last speaking with the owner, he says Seattle's PD still hasn't responded and they can be a bit slow. As it's been a couple business weeks, I'm starting to wonder what might be holding up the process, but I'm trying to be patient. Does anyone have any ideas?

I plan to get a CPL as I know it makes buying guns an easier process, and I do want to carry something--I'm thinking the smaller M&P Shield or the Springfield XD-S. I made my way downtown & attempted to apply already but I moved to a new apartment recently and my license address wasn't up-to-date, so I got turned away. Both my old address on the license and my new one are in Seattle so I was disappointed. I'm trying again soon with proof of residency at my current address.

I went to the range with my brother recently and had a lotta fun with some of his pistols, so the anticipation is getting to me.

UPDATE: Got the gun. The shop owner ended up having to resubmit my 4473 after 30 days, as apparently the guys and gals on the receiving end of the form lost it...a second time. The shop owner convinced them to keep looking for it and they *finally* found it.

Last edited by seattlescape; 10-03-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Re: A Lake City welcome & some questions

Welcome to WA. Sorry, can't help with the SPD issues as I live out in the sticks but many FFLs won't release a firearm without official word from LE or the BATFE even if the mandatory waiting period has expired.

It's a fear thing. Liability, really. They don't want to have a KIRO camera in their face later.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Welcome. . . .
    There are several good FFL's on here that can take care of your purchasing needs (and get you some good deals as well).
    Read the new member stuff so you are up to speed on how this place works (keeps you from getting the beat down over stupid questions).

And remember to wear your helmet, it can be a bumpy ride at times .. . ..

I am peaceful man, and if trouble knocks on my door it gets two in the chest an one in the head . . .
    http://ThrivingHartNW.com

Operator
    Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Welcome to SGN !!!!!111
    Welcome to Washington.

cootduster

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Welcome.

In Omnia Paratus

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Thank you all for your hospitality!

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Welcome to the site!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Welcome, if you have any specific questions, word them well. There are lots of knowledgeable folks on this site

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Can you still register to vote in WA?

No on I-594!

Oh and welcome!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score

Welcome!
    I had the same experience buying my first handgun from Top Guns, it took about 2 weeks longer than it should have for me. I don't have any advice, though. You're right that a CPL is the ultimate solution.

What range did you and your brother go to? Kenmore has an outstanding trap range, and a great rifle range. Pistol is poor for defensive practice, though.