Welcome to the site James!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Re: Misplaced Texan and PT

Welcome, from another misplaced Texan!

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Wow, what warm welcome thanks y'all! Indeed women here are not quite as ladylike as I am used to, thankfully I plucked my wife from the south before moving up here.

I am going to go out on a limb here and try to post pics without photo bucket, hopefully it works, and yes I did read the tutorial on the right way to do it with photo bucket.

My new baby: Browning BAR Longtrac in 30-06. Probably a bit much for coyotes, but just right for the Mule deer hunt I am going on next week. Can hardly wait! Now I just need to finish working up a load for her. Anyone have recommendations on a good place to get reloading supplies in Issaquah or Bellevue that is reasonably priced?

Here is a 225lb hog I shot with a 12ga slug at 75yds down near Houston. Ugly and tough critter. Cleaned and kept the skull, just can't decide what to do with it.

Finally, here is the second coyote I had ever shot...also with a 12ga slug, this one at maybe 10yds, made a huge mess of the far shoulder! (Have pics, but a bit gruesome to show)

Again, thanks for the warm welcome, will definitely stick around and see if I could learn something! Or teach something, I'm a huge nerd when it comes to my hobbies so this forum has got me all excited about hunting/shooting! (Note the time, I should be asleep right?!)

-James

P.S. Finally got to my computer to post these pics correctly. Let me know what y'all think! Looking for good places to hunt around here, definitely still have the itch.

Last edited by picksmither; 10-05-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

Welcome to the site. I love my Browning (BLR though, not a BAR). Excellent guns.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams to Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts 1798

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Didn't realize there was a lever gun that took magazines, that's brilliant! I can see why you would love it. All the class and handling of a levergun and the ability to be chambered in a modern caliber. Hmm, that might have to go on "the list" of someday purchases (after winning the lotto of course!)

Sniper
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)

Welcome go Washington! Lots to like here!

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by picksmither View Post
    Didn't realize there was a lever gun that took magazines, that's brilliant! I can see why you would love it. All the class and handling of a levergun and the ability to be chambered in a modern caliber. Hmm, that might have to go on "the list" of someday purchases (after winning the lotto of course!)
    Yep, I love lever guns and having the mag with a 308 is nice. I have the takedown version, which is good for easy transport also, especially if I'm riding.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams to Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts 1798

Shooter
    Feedback Score

That sounds like an awesome lever gun! This BAR is my first Browning, but I have a strong feeling it will not be my last. We will see what my wife thinks about that. :)