Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Any democrat members here?

Re: Any democrat members here?

Got Colts?

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Hunter! View Post

Maybe just maybe try to vote something beyond the most corrupted people in this nation. Democrats and Republicans.

If a republican gets elected, we're going to be ruined by war, If a democrat is elected, we're going to go bankrupt. Either situation is going to create more sorrow and -$.

Why limit yourself to only 2 options? Look outside your box and we just might get out of this hole.
    My point is the Libertarians are just as corrupt as the GOP and Dems...the issue is not the parties...it's politics as a whole...it's part of the game...

BTW...I hope that picture was taken in your living room...bravo!
    "Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

If our government ends up bankrupting this nation and turning it into a post apocalyptic death zone BOTH democrats and republican politicians will hang in front of the whitehouse and this country will finally be ruled by the people. That'll finally rid this country of the 2 party system for good. Only pro-constititution people will be able to work for the government.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoricalArms View Post
    If our government ends up bankrupting this nation and turning it into a post apocalyptic death zone BOTH democrats and republican politicians will hang in front of the whitehouse and this country will finally be ruled by the people. That'll finally rid this country of the 2 party system for good. Only pro-constititution people will be able to work for the government.
    HA, that is an ideal that is worth striving towards. Thing is, if you review history, revolutions usually go awry. On the other hand, being accepting of the fascists is a sure path to slavery, a likely path to genocide. 57 million people murdered by their own governments, aside from war casualties, in the 20th century. Psychopaths and thugs.
    The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

There will always be psychopaths and thugs trying to control others. It's inevitable. The noble rule of today is to be submissive.

"The Tree of Liberty...

"I do not know whether it is to yourself or Mr. Adams I am to give my thanks for the copy of the new constitution. I beg leave through you to place them where due. It will be yet three weeks before I shall receive them from America. There are very good articles in it: and very bad. I do not know which preponderate. What we have lately read in the history of Holland, in the chapter on the Stadtholder, would have sufficed to set me against a Chief magistrate eligible for a long duration, if I had ever been disposed towards one: and what we have always read of the elections of Polish kings should have forever excluded the idea of one continuable for life. Wonderful is the effect of impudent and persevering lying. The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, and what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion.[1] The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusets: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen yard in order. I hope in god this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted." - Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787[2] "

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...erty-quotation

Jefferson was an amazing genius, despite his slave holder hypocrisy. He did set all his slaves free at his death and saw to an investment system that created small business and farms for the freemen. Part of that was likely his natural concern for his own mulatto children. The acute insight into the future as expressed in your posted quote shows again and again in his writings. Small wonder such ideas and history are not taught in our fascist public schools.
    The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    I am not saying I 100% agree with the Republican Party. I don't. However, there are some critical issues that I do NOT agree with the Libertarian Party on. Immigration and Foreign Policy.

Here is the Libertarian link to their Immigration Plan:

http://www.lp.org/issues/immigration

I 100% agree that Hispanics should be given a path to citizenship...one that is simplified. However, leaving the border wide open thinking they will quit coming across illegally because the path to citizenship is "easier" is just plain comical...not to mention at some point, some terrorist will slip through that border and strike. An unsecured border needs to be addressed regardless.

The plan nobody seems to consider would be investing in Mexico and making it a better place to live and they will not want to come here in the mass numbers they do now. Not to mention we could remove a lot of manufacturing and bring it to Mexico and cripple China. Manufacturing will never return to the US in large. The cost of production will create a retail price of products the American consumer will not pay....it's just business 101.

I know many of you believe the isolationist "stay home" plan is best for our military. I 100% disagree. Our global relationships with out Allies are strategically important to our security. It's the old "Safety comes in numbers" strategy. Sure, we have made some mistakes in the past 20 years. However, the events of 9/11 could not go unanswered. That plan was followed by a preemptive plan to remove any immediate threat to the United States...hence Iraq. It's true...we never put hands on WMD's, however...the amount of these Iraqi produced weapons being found in Syria has to make you think for a second. People seem to think leaving these Islamic radicals alone will result in them calming down. I assure you, this is not the case. They will spread throughout the middle east where they resist the "change" going on there. They have a stick up their ass for America...and they will want to shove a bomb up our ass as often as they possibly can. I would rather fight them over there than over here. They are not just going to go away. The hornet's nest is riled up...it is what it is....we have to deal with it NOW.

Here is the link to the Libertarian Foreign Policy:

http://www.lp.org/issues/foreign-policy

As far as the impact to the national debt....there would be PLENTY of money to fund the military if we get rid of these useless social programs that were created during the great depression and have grown...and grown...and grown. Get rid of this shit...and the pork barrel spending to research the mating habits of hamsters...and we are looking to be in good shape. I 100% agree "printing money" will bury us....and I am not sure we can fully recover from the damage we have already done. A balanced budget is a good start. I am hopeful the GOP can get that done...to prove these past elections were valuable. However, with Mitch and John still at the helm...with Obama's executive order parade...my expectations are low...

I will continue to vote for the lesser of the TWO evils...as I feel a Libertarian vote at this point is a vote for BLUE. (We need as many RED votes as we can get to fight BLUE) I am a Pro-Choice, Pro Gay Rights Atheist that votes RED....and will continue to do so.
    I hear you and you have good points. I am not a Libertarian but believe in their platform more than the Unconstitutional ones of the main parties. I also vote Republican a lot because they are closer to my beliefs, even if the majority of the RNC is corrupt. I hope we can finally take the Republican and Democratic parties back. There used to be good Dems also but they are very rare these days.

How about a gun party, then we coild all come together around our 2nd Amendment rights?
    "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin

Scary how much I agree with Morris. Getting old isn't so bad.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Well, 7 pages later the trolls who started this snowball rolling were right.

You win democratic question troll, you win.
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    Jefferson was an amazing genius, despite his slave holder hypocrisy. He did set all his slaves free at his death and saw to an investment system that created small business and farms for the freemen. Part of that was likely his natural concern for his own mulatto children. The acute insight into the future as expressed in your posted quote shows again and again in his writings. Small wonder such ideas and history are not taught in our fascist public schools.
    Jefferson wasn't a hypocrite, he tried to break slavery and wanted to include blacks in the Declaration of Independence but that would have never made it at that time. He also worked to get abolition in the Constitution but finally realized that with it in the Constitution, we would not have the States united because the Southern states would never ratify. He knew that the Constitution was needed to get freedom a foothold in Law and that abolition would then have a chance. It happened much sooner in the North but the South stubbornly held out for many decades.

Most people with any money had slaves and a few treated them like people and workers. If you had let your slaves go before the war, they would have quickly been enslaved by others who would treat them terribly and they would probably be killed or at least their families beoken up. Until they were able to get laws in the North on the books to stop the slave trade, the people would not be free. Moses Brown (a Quaker, and brother to John Brown, a slave ship owner from Providence) fought continually to free the slaves. There were many good abolitionists but they got nowhere until the people fought the British for freedom and a significant number realized it was hypocrisy to fight for our freedom from tyranny while being tyrants to blacks.

It is similar to our struggle these days with tyrants and the enslaving of all people. Until we truly wake up a good number of people, we will continually lose battles to keep our rights. Abortion is a good example. If people feel killing babies is a good thing, we will never stop it. Education is the key and we don't stop fighting because someday it will be normal to want to protect the innocent once again. But calling someone evil who had an abortion does not help. The people who do this have many issues and most need help. It is the system that condones it and does not try to help women that are to blame.

Someone stated earlier about why we don't talk about religion and politics. This is a bad decision that the people in power want everyone to follow because they know if people do not discuss these things, they have won. They have no problem discussing politics and that is why they rule the enslaved.
    "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin