Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Any democrat members here?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)

Re: Any democrat members here?

Have finally taken the time to parse through a bunch of the political threads. First, I believe that vigorous, manly, political activism is incumbent upon the people, and particularly those who have sworn to "support and defend". Gun owners have a even deeper need to attend to the law, as they and their families are most likely the ones who will bear the pain and losses of the horror of civil conflict. Second, I have seen a pattern of the way threads evolve. Those who become uncomfortable with the content will attempt to insert levity and cheesecake. I like that, anything for a hard on or a laugh. Still, this "tactic", particularly when not assessed for unexpected consequences, is a reflection of 3 generations of youth indoctrination by our government schools.

OK, so much for that. What I am asking you guys to do, is read the following and use the knowledge of the tools of the enemies of liberty to assess what is being written and broadcast.

This is the operational MO of the main enemy. These concepts are widely in use, particularly in the media and the schools. People without any conscious motivation adapt these techniques into their own social repertoire as a consequence of social exposure.

Saul Alinsky’s 12 Rules for Radicals
    Here is the complete list from Alinsky.

* RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood. (These are two things of which there is a plentiful supply. Government and corporations always have a difficult time appealing to people, and usually do so almost exclusively with economic arguments.)
    * RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don’t address the “real” issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)
    * RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
    * RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)
    * RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)
    * RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Radical activists, in this sense, are no different that any other human being. We all avoid “un-fun” activities, and but we revel at and enjoy the ones that work and bring results.)
    * RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news. (Even radical activists get bored. So to keep them excited and involved, organizers are constantly coming up with new tactics.)
    * RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)
    * RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (Perception is reality. Large organizations always prepare a worst-case scenario, something that may be furthest from the activists’ minds. The upshot is that the organization will expend enormous time and energy, creating in its own collective mind the direst of conclusions. The possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.)
    * RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Unions used this tactic. Peaceful [albeit loud] demonstrations during the heyday of unions in the early to mid-20th Century incurred management’s wrath, often in the form of violence that eventually brought public sympathy to their side.)
    * RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)
    * RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

Check out the connections Alinsky had with many of the people in Obama's personal social circles.

“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

"First, I believe that vigorous, manly, political activism is incumbent upon the people, and particularly those who have sworn to "support and defend". Gun owners have a even deeper need to attend to the law, as they and their families are most likely the ones who will bear the pain and losses of the horror of civil conflict. Second, I have seen a pattern of the way threads evolve. Those who become uncomfortable with the content will attempt to insert levity and cheesecake. I like that, anything for a hard on or a laugh. Still, this "tactic", particularly when not assessed for unexpected consequences, is a reflection of 3 generations of youth indoctrination by our government schools."

This is very true. If you do not use activism to further your rights and the rights of others, you do not deserve them and you WILL lose those rights.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams to Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts 1798

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

I only have two things to add:

1. No political party is a one issue party, so you have to choose which issue(s) is the most important for you....If you vote Democrat, it is obvious that gun rights are not that important to you...so it only makes sense that you WILL get flamed on a GUN FORUM

2. Democrats are not LIBERALs! They are LEFTISTS! Liberals believe in concepts like property rights, school choice, the Second Amendment and individual liberty..the Democrats of today do not believe in these liberties

hey vote for who you want, but you better not come here (a gun forum) to complain when the Democrat you voted for took away your gun rights

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

view my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)

"Democrats are not LIBERALs! They are LEFTISTS! Liberals believe in concepts like property rights, school choice, the Second Amendment and individual liberty..the Democrats of today do not believe in these liberties."

Right on. Bear in mind the Republican Party is not liberal either. In the same way as the Democrat Party.
    Thuggery is, as thuggery does.

“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    "Democrats are not LIBERALs! They are LEFTISTS! Liberals believe in concepts like property rights, school choice, the Second Amendment and individual liberty..the Democrats of today do not believe in these liberties."

Right on. Bear in mind the Republican Party is not liberal either. In the same way as the Democrat Party.
    Thuggery is, as thuggery does.
    Both Reagan and Heinlein understood it well

"You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down—[up] man's old—old-aged dream, the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. And regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course. " - Ronald Reagan

“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

view my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sniper
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)

I don't know about anybody else, but this settles it for me. http://youtu.be/rfU3hI8ML30

I'm voting Hillary in 16!

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Urban X View Post
    I don't know about anybody else, but this settles it for me. http://youtu.be/rfU3hI8ML30

I'm voting Hillary in 16!

What the F*ck was that..... i hate you now. i can't believe i actually listened to it...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    3:24 I nearly puked.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    3:24 I nearly puked.
    Nearly? I can still taste the vomit after I hurled.

Got Colts?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I hadn't eaten lunch yet. Still not hungry. I can't envision 8 years of that. I just can't.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.