Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Any democrat members here?

Tactical Operator
    Feedback Score
    115 (100%)

Re: Any democrat members here?

Quote Originally Posted by Live Free View Post
    The Republican Party is the only available vehicle on a large scale that Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Conservatives, and other like minded people should be working within. The only people that have the capability of debate, logic, and reason are these individuals.

The problem develops when people vote Libertarian actually, because that guarantees Democrat victory by stealing votes from the Republican party. Look at Ron Paul and Rand Paul, among others. The appropriate thing to do is for Libertarians, Constitutionalists, and Conservatives to take over the Republican Party from within.

At least then we can live in a world based on Republicanism (the rule of law), as opposed to living according to constantly changing emotional whims and mob rule (Democrats).
    I'd consider myself between a Libertarian and Constitutionalist... but realize that voting for these parties is a wasted vote and a step closer to a Dem. I can generally happily tolerate Republicans as the do an overall fair job. I cannot stomach the constant and total assault by Dems on my liberties and the future of the nation.

To say they are similar is nonsense. Most issues generally have two positions. A and Z. There is sometimes middle ground, and sometimes not. But if you believe in gun rights then there is clearly 1 party that is anti-gun and that's Dems. No middle ground. They want total bans, 1 small step at a time.

And often issues have 2 positions. Yes and No. Unions. Welfare. Gay marriage. Abortion. Military action. Gun control. Etc. You either are for or against.

If all those people not voting for Republicans on principle had voted for Romney or McCain, much of the disasters over the last 6 years would have been avoided. The debt crisis, Obamacare, the total failures in Iraq, ISIS, and the scandals in the various administrations. I blame Dems, but they don't have a brain. Folks sitting on the sidelines are really at fault, not voting on principle has cost us dearly in getting a turd in the Big House... er White House. While not perfect, both McCain and Romney would have been much much better leaders.

One other point. Obama has appointed 2 of 9 very liberal SCOTUS judges who will be with us for 20-30 years. He will likely get to appoint 1 more given that Ruth Ginsberg is undergoing surgery and she's very old and has had cancer in the past. Doubtful she'll last 2 more years, if even 2 more months. So Obama will have personally appointed nearly 33% of the Judges on the SCOTUS and we'll suffer them and their rulings for the rest of our lives. He's also appointed nearly 300 Federal Judges (you can bet they all have liberal leanings, which means left-leaning rulings and actions from the bench). So, all those pro-gun folks who refused to vote for a Republican, a big thank you... Terrible...

Now thinking long term, how much better the SCOTUS would have been if either McCain or Romney had been able to appoint 2-3 SCOTUS judges. They'd likely be conservative and pro-gun. That would have given the court a very strong conservative leaning and preserved gun rights into the future.

Last edited by leadcounsel; 11-26-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    Never shop at Precise Shooter in Seattle. It's owned by anti-gun, anti-capitalist, pro Hillary. I defend the 2A. US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF x4. BSM and MSM recipient. NRA Lifetime. I'm a lawyer, but have not offered you legal advice.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82 View Post
    Basically what you're asking people like me(libertarians) to do is to hold our nose and vote for someone who hardly aligns with any of our principles, and fail to realize that would be like you being asked to vote democrat.

The republican party is just as much anti-freedom as the democrats. Both parties need to die.

The problem is democrats are vocal in their support for statism. Republicans pay lip service to freedom, but do otherwise in action.
    ^this^

Got Colts?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Democrats?!?! That's like asking if there are any goat fuckers here. Wait.....

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by arisaka View Post
    Democrats?!?! That's like asking if there are any goat fuckers here. Wait.....
    Oh you cunt. What did I ever do to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I used to be a democrat until the party shifted far left. I'm now an independent.
    And as leadcounsel stated "Liberals = big government = nanny state with total control cradle to grave = individuals don't have rights."
    And the democrats are for exactly that. They have become backstabbers, liars and are 100% agenda driven. They pretend that every scandal during this administration never happened and attempt to hide the evidence. Because for Democrats the end justifies the means.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagerbomber35 View Post
    Oh you cunt. What did I ever do to you?
    Maybe you shouldn't have fucked his goat?

Got Colts?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot! View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't have fucked his goat?
    Not so much the act, but the fact that he got the goat pregnant is a little weird.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Not so much the act, but the fact that he got the goat pregnant is a little weird.
    wtf? Is he The Manicorn's Daddy? Please tell me it isn't so!! I feel sick now.

Got Colts?

Sniper
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    No worries, you are probably covered for an abortion via the ACA. It's really no big deal anyways, since if it's not covered in the 2400+ pages of the ACA, you can always start up a petition on moveon.org and see where that leads. I hear that place always leads to good things.

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Damn, I make a post 12 hours ago, come home from work and you guys are about ready to crucify me because I haven't replied!! That's ok!! Sorry, been a little busy trying to make some money to pay the rent, heating bill, and keep,the lights on! We all know it's not free!! But I knew I would get an ass whoopin for posting my opinions. I respect where many of you are coming from. What I don't understand from some of you is the seething hatred and anger with which you assert your opinion. You can disagree with me without telling me to go get Fuc$3d, but again, I understand some of your guys are PISSED. Let me see if I can help:

Whats the role of the government? hmmm? That's a really big, deep philosophical question and if I am honest, I don't have an exact, idealistic definition that I read in a book somewhere that I'm ready to regurgitate on the spot. I'll think about that one. But it's definitely not to intrude on freedoms. I'd think you'd all agree with that, right? Well, sometimes the freedoms that individuals choose do not align with our personal beliefs, but that doesn't make them rights that should be revoked; ie abortion, two gay guys getting married, or the freedom to own an AK with 100 round clips. You don't have to like it to or agree with it to support the right to do it. I don't support the KKK assholes that stand in the street and espouse racism, but I sure as hell support their right to say and believe what they want.

Yes, Ive voted democrat and I may again in the future. I vote for who I think the best candidate is at the time. Sometimes, I vote for the guy that I think is the least crappy of all of the politicians running. Sometimes, I just refuse to vote. It depends. You guys don't need to agree with me to recognize that I'm an American gun owner with lots and lots in common with you. Some of you basically said," if you vote democratic, screw you, we hate you, you are not my American brother, go to hell". Instead, I wish you would say, "we don't agree on everything, maybe not even on the majority of things, but we are Americans and Id fight next to you any day of the week!" Not sure what to tell you guys. I'm not a troll. Just a dude that is trying to be honest and start dialogue. Try not to stick me in a box or a category based on how I vote. No one person is just ONE thing. Like I said, my political beliefs are multifaceted and not simply "democratic" or "republican". That is so simplistic and honestly, kind of unintelligent. I think if most people investigate how they feel or believe on different issues, you,will fall into different camps. Immigration reform? Taxes? Public education? Unions? Religion in school? God? Atheism ? The media? Family structure? Affirmative action? I'm sure no one falls to the extreme left or the extreme right on EVERY issue out there. I know I don't. I'm all over the board.

I do notice that many republican friends I have base a lot of their political beliefs on religion because they have such strong emotions regarding god. Therefore, beliefs on gay rights, abortion, drug policies, public schools, etc, are far more emotionally charged than someone who isn't necessarily religious in the traditional sense. Many political beliefs are influenced in church. Not everyone is religious. I'm not. That can really rub certain people the wrong way.

I'm not here to try and offend anyone's personal beliefs. We all have to learn to co habitate. It sounds like many of you guys would refuse to go to the range with me or hunt with me based on how I vote. That kind of bums me out. I wish Americans were more united. I'm not the enemy. The terrorists are. Russia might be. North Korea is. But I'm sure as hell not.