Re: Any democrat members here?

Quote Originally Posted by HistoricalArms View Post
    you lost me at "clips"
    Could be custom.

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ok ok. Sorry. Magazine. Better? Jeez you guys are touchy about proper firearm vocabulary. Note taken.

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by open-sights View Post
    Ok ok. Sorry. Magazine. Better? Jeez you guys are touchy about proper firearm vocabulary. Note taken.
    I'm just screwing with you. You seem like a nice guy but a lot of us are still bitter. Remember in 2013 when democrats were blaming gun owners for the actions of a few? I couldn't even tell my clients I own any guns because I knew they would fire me. Gun owners were ostracized. The media and democrat politicians were shaming us for owning a gun and God forbid if we believed in our constitutional rights we were considered to be right wing extremists if we held that belief. Remember when Obama drug all those kids on stage as a form of propaganda?

How about that doozie of a bill Feinstein and all the democrats supported? The one that attempted to ban ALL semiautomatic rifles, pistols and shotguns...It's kinda hard forget all that. So when a democrat comes up and says lets be friends…it's going to take awhile before we put our guard down…especially since again we've been stabbed in the back with 594. (created and voted for by mostly democrats)

Last edited by HistoricalArms; 11-26-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Democrats gave us SBRs this past year here in Wa. Remember Frank Chopp? I cant think of anything else they got right though.

Got Colts?

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot! View Post
    Democrats gave us SBRs this past year here in Wa. Remember Frank Chopp? I cant think of anything else they got right though.
    You have to get a license for it which means they know exactly who you are. I'm planning on moving anyways so I'm holding off on buying one. They would have never passed it if there was no license to carry one outside the house. You know what's stupid about that law is that a ps90 or any bull pup is shorter than an SBR but requires no licensing. Goes to show people have 0 clue what's going on. although black guns are scary.

Feedback Score
    74 (100%)

Damn, I make a post 12 hours ago, come home from work and you guys are about ready to crucify me because I haven't replied!! That's ok!! Sorry, been a little busy trying to make some money to pay the rent, heating bill, and keep,the lights on! We all know it's not free!! But I knew I would get an ass whoopin for posting my opinions. I respect where many of you are coming from. What I don't understand from some of you is the seething hatred and anger with which you assert your opinion. You can disagree with me without telling me to go get Fuc$3d, but again, I understand some of your guys are PISSED. Let me see if I can help:

Whats the role of the government? hmmm? That's a really big, deep philosophical question and if I am honest, I don't have an exact, idealistic definition that I read in a book somewhere that I'm ready to regurgitate on the spot. I'll think about that one. But it's definitely not to intrude on freedoms. I'd think you'd all agree with that, right? Well, sometimes the freedoms that individuals choose do not align with our personal beliefs, but that doesn't make them rights that should be revoked; ie abortion, two gay guys getting married, or the freedom to own an AK with 100 round clips. You don't have to like it to or agree with it to support the right to do it. I don't support the KKK assholes that stand in the street and espouse racism, but I sure as hell support their right to say and believe what they want.

Yes, Ive voted democrat and I may again in the future. I vote for who I think the best candidate is at the time. Sometimes, I vote for the guy that I think is the least crappy of all of the politicians running. Sometimes, I just refuse to vote. It depends. You guys don't need to agree with me to recognize that I'm an American gun owner with lots and lots in common with you. Some of you basically said," if you vote democratic, screw you, we hate you, you are not my American brother, go to hell". Instead, I wish you would say, "we don't agree on everything, maybe not even on the majority of things, but we are Americans and Id fight next to you any day of the week!" Not sure what to tell you guys. I'm not a troll. Just a dude that is trying to be honest and start dialogue. Try not to stick me in a box or a category based on how I vote. No one person is just ONE thing. Like I said, my political beliefs are multifaceted and not simply "democratic" or "republican". That is so simplistic and honestly, kind of unintelligent. I think if most people investigate how they feel or believe on different issues, you,will fall into different camps. Immigration reform? Taxes? Public education? Unions? Religion in school? God? Atheism ? The media? Family structure? Affirmative action? I'm sure no one falls to the extreme left or the extreme right on EVERY issue out there. I know I don't. I'm all over the board.

I do notice that many republican friends I have base a lot of their political beliefs on religion because they have such strong emotions regarding god. Therefore, beliefs on gay rights, abortion, drug policies, public schools, etc, are far more emotionally charged than someone who isn't necessarily religious in the traditional sense. Many political beliefs are influenced in church. Not everyone is religious. I'm not. That can really rub certain people the wrong way.

I'm not here to try and offend anyone's personal beliefs. We all have to learn to co habitate. It sounds like many of you guys would refuse to go to the range with me or hunt with me based on how I vote. That kind of bums me out. I wish Americans were more united. I'm not the enemy. The terrorists are. Russia might be. North Korea is. But I'm sure as hell not.
    We'll be united when a bunch of the people (sheeple) start taking responsibility for their own actions and lives, start thinking for yourselves (instead of relying on others to tell you what to believe), and start questioning the official narrative (such as what comes from the MSM and many politicians).

My advice to you (and this action alone has changed a good many people into free-thinkers): look at the issues from all sides, not just what KOMO 4, KIRO 7, KING 5, CNN, MSNBC and others feed to you. Look for the agenda (on either side; find-out who benefits from it), and "follow the money". I realize that for many wanna-be progressives, that kind of use of brain power may lead to a stroke or worse, but it must be done (especially if you consider yourself a "thinking man/woman"). It's easy for many to follow the prevailing thought patterns of your social circle. If you fall into this category, you are as good as one of the herd/flock, and you've given-up your individual spirit.

Is it more important to be accepted by your friends (many aren't really your friends, but they'll act the part; that's how progressives think and act), or to follow the laws of right action? Look at Ferguson, during the riots. A few of those people are passionate about what they perceive happened there, and they are vocal about it, leading them to react (for good or for bad). Then, there are the kindred ones in the crowd (those who are influenced only by the strong emotional reactions of the passionate ones), who react strongly (violently). By doing so, they assimilate into the hive-mind of pseudo-acceptance. Their actions become a matter of what "feels" good, rather than what is right and proper. The truth of the matter is: those who were passionate about what they saw and emoted don't give a rat's rearside for those who joined, and they don't accept them either. The person who initially was passionate will eventually pull themselves from the action (when and if they calm down), letting the "followers" (who are whipped-up into a frenzy) do the actions. In the former soviet union, these "followers" were referred to as "useful idiots". Once their usefulness runs-out, they are thrown-away (or purged- see the reign of Stalin). What do you think would've happened, if the vast majority of those people had been free thinkers, instead of being "easily-led"? Individual rights, and control of one's own life, can't work unless people realize it is their duty to think for themselves, and be responsible for themselves. Quit relying on .gov to think for you, to save you, or to take care of you. They will not!

It's one thing to be a free-thinker and to be among like-minded colleagues and friends. That's what we do here at SGN. We are also individuals.
    It's entirely another thing to mirror the hive-mind/herd-mentality, just because you long for acceptance in your social circle.

I'd rather be unpopular and right-thinking, than to be popular and wrong-thinking. There is a right and a wrong answer in life. That's something that your parents should've taught you in your youth. Just because it's easy or it feels good, doesn't make it right, does it?

....rant over!

Last edited by fedxer78; 11-27-2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: more added
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy....

Sniper
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)

I bet if you ask this guy.......... he has a 100 round clip.......

So, there!

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Yeah, I admit it. I voted for Obama both times. Back in the day I voted for Bush senior and then even Bush Junior the First time, but not the second. Hate me yet? I did vote NO on I 594, not because I don't support the concept of keeping guns out of the hands of nut jobs, but because they way the initiative was written was full of erroneous thinking and errors.

I am a hunter, married with 2 kids, have a CWP, carry a Glock 22 (not always but often). I own three shotguns, a 308, a 25-06, a 22 rifle, a glock, a 38 snub, and a few others. Many of you guys would consider me an "Elmer" because I don't really support the whole tactical, black gun crowd theory of needing weapons capable of high capacity round carry and long distance massive killing capability. But that's just my opinion.

Like I said, I generally vote democratic now. But no one person is ALL liberal or ALL conservative. I hate being put into a box of one or the other. I hang out with lots and lots of you republican guys. We get along fine and have lots in common. I'm conservative on crime, drugs, immigration, and many financial issues. I even "prep" some. Not for Civil unrest or for the government coming to take my guns, but for earthquakes, collapse of the grid, natural disasters, or just getting stuck in my truck out hunting. But I'm liberal on many social issues, education, prostitution, right to assisted suicide, abortion, marriage equality, etc. But for the most part, I do vote democratic. I voted for Ross Perot once. Not sure what category you want to put that one under.

Not trying to start any fight. Just tired of lurking on here afraid to be honest for fear you guys will rip me a new one over the Internet or blame people like me for the END OF THE WORLD survival, SHTF possibility.

Any other people on here like me but just afraid to say it?

I would,like to think if this country were invaded, that ALL of us on this board would be fighting shoulder to shoulder as Americans. But I see the divide growing greater among our citizens and it disturbs me a little. Good day, be safe, kind, and kick ass if you have to.
    We're not all Republicans. I am not Republican or Democrat. I've voted both ways (long ago) and have voted Libertarian, or any other depending on the candidate. Hell, I don't hate anyone for voting for Obama. The guy duped a whole fucking nation. I read a few books on him (including his Dreams book) back in 2008 and that was when I smelled a big stinking rat.

As long as you are pro gun and pro freedom and support the Law of the Constitution, I would support you. A few of your issues to me are against the Constitution and freedom, but perhaps you haven't really thought about these issues on that basis.

As for the abortion issue, that is illegal in my book and goes against any rational argument. I have worked on premature babies in hospitals in the past and do not understand how it can be legal to kill a baby. Crazy in my opinion. Killing my own child? That is just insanity. It also destroys a human right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. Also, if you have ever seen an abortion performed, it is like butchery. Gays have as much right as anyone else to marry in my book. I could care less. Freedom for all as long as you harm nobody. That is my line and I'm sticking to it!

To Livefree's comment about Libertarians and Rand Paul, Rand Paul is a Republican and I'm sure he always will be. He is one of the good ones.

Last edited by MorrisWR; 11-27-2014 at 04:55 AM.
    "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
    Yes, sadly Regan signed some gun control into law. Republicans were in favor of Lautenberg and the AWB too.
    But it's Dems that have gone on full scale gun confiscation war...

However, I think the erosion of gun rights lessons have been learned. We gun owners, and most Republicans, have drawn a line in the sand learning from the lessons of the past.

Gun owners have incrementally given up rights under false promises of more safety. We've seen that was a mistake.
    Don't forget old "New World Order" "Thousand Points of Light" scum daddy Bush and his 1989 piece of crap. All these stooges we have as Presidents are for taking our rights away. They just do it in different ways.

For those who weren't around for that fun piece of work can read this 1989 article. Just another nail in the coffin of the Repubes for me at the time. I had gotten disgruntled with Reagan's crap and Bush just pissed me off more. I get sick of hearing how great the Republicans are, I've seen their slimy shit for decades as well. The Democratic leaders are just so over the top that they take the cake and make Republicans actually look good. I admit, there are some really good Republicans though so I am not attacking the entire group, just the top and the RNC (who also pulled some real shady crap at our 2012 WA Caucuses and we saw it first hand).

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us...permanent.html

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles. Imports of the weapons have been suspended since spring.

The permanent ban affects all but 7 of the 50 models included in the spring suspension. It does not affect the far larger number of virtually identical weapons manufactured domestically, nor does it affect foreign-made semiautomatic weapons already in the United States.

Americans own about three million semiautomatic weapons, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, an agency in the Treasury Department that enforces national gun laws. About 25 percent of those weapons are foreign models, including semiautomatic versions of military assault rifles like the Israeli Uzi or the AK-47 Soviet infantry rifle.

Administration officials said that without the ban 700,000 to one million foreign-made assault weapons would have been imported into the United States this year, but they acknowledged that the slack would easily be taken up by domestic manufacturers. A Significant Step.

''We're not saying it will solve the basic problem,'' said Stephen E. Higgins, director of the firearms bureau, who announced the ban.

Today's decision is a significant step in the evolution of the Administration's gun control policies. It puts President Bush clearly at odds with the National Rifle Association and will almost certainly increase pressures on him to approve restrictions or an outright ban on domestic versions of semiautomatic assault weapons.

''The President was informed of the findings and decisions, and fully supports them,'' Alixe Glen, a White House spokeswoman, said of the ban announced today."
    "At the urging of William J. Bennett, the director of national drug control policy, the Administration suspended imports of certain types of semiautomatic assault rifles in March. The President expanded that temporary ban as part of a broader anticrime program that he announced in April, and said he would make it permanent for imported weapons that did not have a legitimate sporting use."

Sounds eerily Democratic there. I still believe this was the major downfall on why Bush lost in '92. The bad economy didn't help but what Republican could vote for this asshole after he happily put in the temporary ban and then did the permanent ban. Clinton did not whisper in George's ear in 1989 and this opened the gates for the AWB ban that came later. Slippery slope folks. You start down that road and you cannot stop it.

Last edited by MorrisWR; 11-27-2014 at 04:56 AM.
    "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin