Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Site Change Soon! Sort of anyways

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Major Site Change Soon! Sort of anyways

Looks like the typical 3-4 month Godaddy 503 server error episodes have returned again. Each time I call, their answer is everything is functioning normal, but your database is pretty large and you really need a virtual server. I am tired of hearing that and dealing with their issues, so I plan on migrating the site to another hosting service in the next few days.

Here is what to expect over the next few days, 503 server errors, slow page loads and probably a day of down time while the site is being migrated to the new hosting. I would really like to start this on monday if all possible, so I am hoping the site heals enough to limp us through the weekend. If it is like it is right now tomorrow morning, I will go ahead and get the ball rolling tomorrow.

My plan is to go through Bluehost, have heard they are decent and affordable. If someone can recommend something better, that is comparable in price and offers migration service, I will certainly check it out. I called them just a short while ago with questions and they sound like they know their stuff.

Thank you all for your patience and hopefully we will be back up and running smoothly by next week.

Norm

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Re: Major Site Change Soon! Sort of anyways

Angelina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad this was a hosting issue and not another Siberian Hacker.

Thanks Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Angelina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad this was a hosting issue and not another Siberian Hacker.

Thanks Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Norm,

Flip the switch and do it now... It literally took me 5 minutes to even see this thread via clicking new posts, then this thread. Wait and the membership will suffer.

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!
    Want an affordable cell phone plan with great coverage? Look no further, click HERE!

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Sites still F'd today, so will be making the switch over the weekend, so hopefully we will be back up and running by monday.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Bluehost is who I use. Good value. They are not perfect, but on this end none of them are. I would say they have improved the last few years.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score
    90 (100%)

I'm going to postpone the "Twisted PIF" for the two knives until you return with the new host.

Last edited by old11bravo; 01-16-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Feedback Score
    90 (100%)

Good luck Norm!! See you on the other side!!

Feedback Score
    118 (100%)

Since, I probably do the most bitching about the website's performance, I want to say thank you and kudos here in front of everyone. I think this will help put us on the road to recovery. I miss the good ole days where there was many new posts daily and membership was booming. This is definitely a step back in that direction.

GoDaddy is a miserable POS that is only looking for your $$$. They don't know what the word "service" means nor do they care if you are satisfied or not. This is a good move, Norm!

Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Ok, the move is in progress. I just removed the chat module and screwed the header up on the front page, but will deal with that later, as I am having a bitch of a time trying to do anything with the constant 503 error popping up. Not sure how long the migration will take, but sure it wont be too long or too fast either.