Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: North End Group Shoot/Clean 4/4

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Re: North End Group Shoot/Clean 4/4

You guys crack me up. Great to meet you Pablo I enjoyed hanging out with you and talking guns. MADrtcw good to see you again and thanks for letting me blast that badass .308 ar15 of yours. And Kyle... I'm going to steal your baby.

Got Colts?

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Did I miss this? When was it?

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yeah that .308 made my teeth hurt

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    Yeah that .308 made my teeth hurt
    I didn't notice it was a .308 until I popped the first round off. Lol. Good seeing you in person Dreadi

Got Colts?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MADrtcw View Post
    I have a pretty sweet setup, gave the guy from waGuns a few tips. Is he on here by the way? Was going to show him where I got my parts from.
    That was oldkim (Young) and I that you were talking to; Young is the one that came over to see your setup. Yeah, he told me it was really nice.

I'd love to hear more about where you got the parts!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

This is what it would have looked like if i set it upDSC00453.jpg I decided to use single rods to attach the steel instead of chain since my chain kept getting shot down. I've done just about every kind of setup you can think of with EMT conduit
    I bought the joints from here since i bought so many https://creativeshelters.com/categor...-roof-fittings and the emt bender i bought from lowes

Last edited by MADrtcw; 04-06-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MadPick View Post
    That was oldkim (Young) and I that you were talking to; Young is the one that came over to see your setup. Yeah, he told me it was really nice.

I'd love to hear more about where you got the parts!
    Yo MP thanks for my new favorite hat. Great to hang out with you at the negs brother.

Got Colts?

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

North End Group Shoot/Clean 4/4

Sorry I'm late to respond.

Great target system! (Above). Thanks for sharing that with me at the pit.

In the last few weeks I have been intrigued by target stands, especially metal ones (more specifically ones designed to hold metal targets).

There's a lot of designs out there if you are willing to pay. So I wanted to see if there was anything for the common guy. No welding or special tools. Was my constraint.

So after a few prototypes I came up with this.

Here's my first and second prototypes at the shoot.

Second

And after a few hundred rounds (very conservative round count)

With a huge firing line. The angles were at its limits so someone shot a leg. Still held up!

So final result is that I made my attachment for $7 a pair. Benchmark that against $40-90 online. Granted it's not pretty but it does the job.

I'll break down the parts.

And some extra nuts

2 - $2.49 brackets each
    12 - nuts at $0.10 each

Then you just buy 1/2" or 3/4" or 1" Steel Conduit pipe to finish off the legs and crossmember.

How you attach your target? Chains, firehose or other. You can also sleeve a larger pipe over the crossmember to make it swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tentsile Affiliate
    www.Tentsile.com
    Use Code YOUNGKIM10 to get 10% off

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Very similar to what we discussed. My idea was slightly more complex. But yours looks easier and lower cost. Sweet!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yes, there are a ton out there... designs, welded, screwed, this and that...

I'm a simple, cheap type of guy. Want something easy (to assemble) and easy to use.

The assembly (once the U Bolts is complete)... note you don't need the extra nuts if you don't want them (just depends on size of pipes and some other factors). You just slide the crossmember in... bolt it down and slip the legs onto the U Bolt.

I would recommend you either duct tape the legs to the crossmember or actually just put a screw in the leg (about 6 inches from the top) you can use that as an anchoring point.

It's not every day I need one of these "target stands" but since I was going to the pit clean up... it became a fun project. (simple, no fuss and cheap).