Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denied.. SBR Stripped Receiver

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Denied.. SBR Stripped Receiver

I feel pretty bummed out. Stripped Spikes receiver applied to be an SBR - ALTHOUGH RCW 9.91.190(2) EXEMPTS THE POSSESSION, TRANSPORT, AND TRANSFER, IT DOES NOT EXEMPT YOUR REQUEST TO MAKE (MANUFACTURE) AN SBR ? THEREFORE YOU ARE UNABLE TO MAKE THE TYPE SBR IN WA STATE

BATF will be getting a call tomorrow, but this may be the beginning of bad news for WA SBRs. I'd hate to be a land-mark example, so I'm gonna appeal as best I can.

Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

Re: Denied.. SBR Stripped Receiver

Pardon my ignorance. Your post doesn't make sense. Why did they deny you? When did you submit? Was it an e-file form 1? Is that the email they sent you?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by evoasis View Post
    I feel pretty bummed out. Stripped Spikes receiver applied to be an SBR - ALTHOUGH RCW 9.91.190(2) EXEMPTS THE POSSESSION, TRANSPORT, AND TRANSFER, IT DOES NOT EXEMPT YOUR REQUEST TO MAKE (MANUFACTURE) AN SBR ? THEREFORE YOU ARE UNABLE TO MAKE THE TYPE SBR IN WA STATE

BATF will be getting a call tomorrow, but this may be the beginning of bad news for WA SBRs. I'd hate to be a land-mark example, so I'm gonna appeal as best I can.
    And so it begins. There were several threads on this a while back as that was an obvious flaw in the language of the RCW. However, assembling an SBR out of off-the-shelf parts shouldn't be considered "manufacturing" by anyone familiar with the English language, so there was a lot of hope that that logic would prevail. But the BATFE hates you (us), so this isn't horribly surprising.

Edit: Link to September thread on topic: http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1316947

Last edited by BoilerUp; 05-27-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

I have seen several people post this same email response from BATF on other sites .. . . ..sucks ..

I am peaceful man, and if trouble knocks on my door it gets two in the chest an one in the head . . .
    http://ThrivingHartNW.com

Feedback Score

I received the same denial letter @ 8:55 tonight. What the hell ??????????????????? Is there any solution?

So pissed.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

The director Ted Clutter apparently just did a bulk disapprove for WA sbr form 1's tonight. Everyone is getting rejected.

This is very bad news and indicates a change in interpretation of WA sbr law.

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    And so it begins. There were several threads on this a while back as that was an obvious flaw in the language of the RCW. However, assembling an SBR out of off-the-shelf parts shouldn't be considered "manufacturing" by anyone familiar with the English language, so there was a lot of hope that that logic would prevail. But the BATFE hates you (us), so this isn't horribly surprising.

Edit: Link to September thread on topic: http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1316947

I agree with the wording of Manufacturing. Putting some parts onto a receiver does not make you a manufacturer of a weapon, just an assembler. However, it is no surprise our current Federal Masters would interpret it however they see fit.

"Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I got the same thing last night...I wonder what this means for the three I have already been approved for

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chedr View Post
    Is there any solution?
    Buy a factory SBR, "manufacture" your SBR out of state, or sue the ATF.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Anyone up for a class action?