Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its Hot here!

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Its Hot here!

Hi there,

I am visiting the Seattle area looking for a new home. I am relocating my family from the frozen tundra of Minnesota. I am looking forward to learning how to transfer my PTC and get familiar with shooting ranges around here. I am still relatively new shooter and cant wait to find new training places to continue grow my skills.

Any suggestions on where to start my journey would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Its Hot here!

First off, WELCOME TO THE FUNNY FARM! You're going to meet all kinds of different people here in WA and on SGN.

Secondly, there are MANY different ranges in the King County area. However, I've recently discovered the thrill of shooting outdoors. It's new to me because when I purchased my first firearm, I was living in liberal San Diego, CA.

Lastly, there is a wealth of knowledge here on SGN. I think the members encourage questions and want to help out. But I suggest that you always do your homework and learn as much as possible on your own.

Again, Welcome!

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Tlaloc...isn't that the Aztec Rain God, or something? Anyway.....

Welcome to SGN & Seattle. As you learn the area and are able to list a location, it might be easier to dial-in a range that might offer what you're looking for.

West Coast Armory, in Bellevue, is a pretty good one that many here enjoy.

What do you carry & like to shoot?

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Welcome to the site!

Did you bring any of that cooler weather with you??

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Welcome to this place....houses are selling fast so good luck !!!

Dan G
    2nd place is just first loser

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you for the welcome.

Today is our final day in Seattle until we move the whole family next Sunday. We decided to rent during our first year to get a good sense of the areas available. So far we might be renting in Bellevue or Sammamish. Both different levels of commute to downtown.

NWGunner
    Tlaloc is the aztec God of thunder and rain. I carry a 9mm XDM Compact. and my wife has a sig P938. I recently started tinkering with the ar15 platform. We have enjoyed putting one together and shooting it. We got a mossberg 500 and a colt 1911 but rarely shoot them.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)

What you refer to as a PTC, is called a CPL, Concealed Pistol License. Only addresses pistols for concealed carry. Open carry is legal, no permit required. From what I have deduced from a couple websites, your Minnesota permit is not recognized in WA.

From: RCW 9.41.070. Concealed pistol license—Application—Fee—Renewal.

"However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license."

Not exactly sure what that means, other than I would guess you will delayed due to the residency requirement, if for no other reason than it can be done.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.070

Last edited by corpsman; 06-25-2015 at 11:35 PM.
    “The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tlaloc View Post
    Thank you for the welcome.

Today is our final day in Seattle until we move the whole family next Sunday. We decided to rent during our first year to get a good sense of the areas available. So far we might be renting in Bellevue or Sammamish. Both different levels of commute to downtown.

NWGunner
    Tlaloc is the aztec God of thunder and rain. I carry a 9mm XDM Compact. and my wife has a sig P938. I recently started tinkering with the ar15 platform. We have enjoyed putting one together and shooting it. We got a mossberg 500 and a colt 1911 but rarely shoot them.
    We've lived in Sammamish for about 10 years. I have lived in Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Woodinville and Sammamish is a great place if you have kids. Not really any more expensive than the other cities around, unless you want to be close to one of the elementary schools.

As someone stated already, a lot of people use WCA in Bellevue, as I do but Issaquah has an outdoor range also which is closer.

I work in Seattle so about 20 miles to drive one way but working nights makes it an easy commute. Bellevue is nice if you like to go out a lot since you can walk to a lot of places if you're closer to downtown.

Whatever you do, stay far away from Wades!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams to Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts 1798

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Puyallup is where all the cool kids live..

Dan G
    2nd place is just first loser

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

We are ending up in Bellevue. Found a nice house to rent until we get acquainted with the area.

Thank you for the CPL verbiage tip. I'll be looking into that right after we get our drivers license.