Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum..

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Re: This Forum..

Just posting to see if I still have a sig line .. . . ..
    And to say, change is good. . . .

Apparently not .. . .. WTF?

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FishRanger View Post
    Just posting to see if I still have a sig line .. . . ..
    And to say, change is good. . . .

Apparently not .. . .. WTF?
    Try refreshing

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Gerbils, the whole lot of you

Glad I call so many of you friends, why I just don't know, but I do.

Washington CPL.
    If Elmer Fudd had hair, he would definitely be a ginger.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I blame 594 entirely.

Prime example. About 2yrs ago, I decided to get all nostalgic and build a 35 Whelen on a Win Mod 70 platform. I need either a .270 or .06 for the donor rifle, condition does not matter. I don't need your safe queen for $700 nor do I need your Grampas heirloom for $600. I finally see one come through (TOS) for $450 w/ cheap optic and a couple boxes of rounds no less. Tough deal, guy is South of Oly, but it's a good deal so worth a little effort. Death Nail for me is the "We can meet at a nearby FFL for transfer, buyer pays."

Laws are Laws. I get that. I work Noon to 2am this time of year. 6 days a week. That just ain't gonna happen Bud. No matter how Fucking stupid a requirement it is. I'm not going through all that Bullshit on a Sunday, for a Goddam project hunting rifle. Let alone the dozen or so firearms Ive bought in the last 2 years that I didn't even know I wanted, or were a good enough deal I snagged them 'Just Cause'.

That kind of buying for me is Done. I would soooo much rather give my money to a Guy here, I probably know and have maybe met his Wife, than to some snot nose punk behind the counter of some pawn shop or chain store. I know Norm has to preach compliance and all, but we need a secret squirrel (whatever happened to him?) handshake or some shit. I'd just as soon openly not-comply but there seems to be rift in the membership on THAT too...

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    You're under the misconception that they will give you $100 for it. In reality is says "up to $100" so it's quite possible they would only offer you a $10 or $20 gift card. Way to sell your soul though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I think paid memberships could still work, but all aspects of the classifieds need to be free. That's what 95% of people start visiting gun forums for, don't have the collection plate sitting on the front porch. Have most of the basic sections free as well for people to start getting comfortable. Paid membership sections would contain PIFs, swag giveaways, group buys, special offers or deals to members from site sponsors, etc... Maybe have some way to tease what's going on in the paid members section to the non paying members?

Offer auto pay or one year memberships, I usually remember my 3 months is up every 6 months because I don't do much buying or selling.

I've always been fine paying a few bucks to support a site I like. But that only works on the ones who enjoy the community aspect. If someone is only here for the classifieds they will just go to a site that is free. Let everyone in the door and try and catch the ones looking for more than a deal.

Just my .02, I have no idea what it's like to run a forum or the technical aspects of doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I'm telling you, I don't mind paying at all. I just hate how quickly the membership expires and how hard it is to figure out the payment process. It's frustrating that I can't send or receive PMs until I pay again. Which is why I use TOS for all that. Make it last longer and/or easier to pay and I'm totally down.

Your = something that belongs to you; You're = You are

Loose = not tight; Lose = to not have or find

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Agree on the longer membership option. I've paid to list a couple things over the years and it was annoying to just pay for 3 months. Would have been happy to spend an extra few bucks for a full year.

Also, I've noticed The Pit is no longer paid only.

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Been away for the past few weeks and really busy. Just read through the 11 pages of this thread. I guess I have no suggestions for improvement at this time; I do admit that I've wondered where all the former participants in this once-vibrant forum disappeared to ... and since the posting declined dramatically once 594 went into effect -- well, it would appear that the gun sales/trades postings -- now sadly diminished -- were a major factor in the site's traffic.

One thing I always appreciated about this forum was the relative lack of anti-law enforcement rants (really, compared to many other national forums), so I was able to maintain my low blood pressure. I pretty much quit NWFA and a couple other forums due to the huge amounts of cop-bashing from the same old assclowns. TOS has some asinine members while this forum (in spite of some of the stupid juvenile avatars, sig lines and comments) has a large number of members whom I've met in person, immediately liked and respected. Also, the large number of vets on this site (compared to most) is reassuring and definitely provides something in common for many of us.

I disagree with the gentlemen who posits that "we" live in a city that's mostly non-white and non-conservative. "We" do NOT mostly live IN Seattle. Most of us reside in either the 'burbs, the North/East/South or West Sound areas. And, in my experience, most non-white gun guys do tend to be a lot more politically conservative that non-white anti-gun folk. I would agree that there seems to be an increasing amount of non-white folk getting into the firearms, gun sports and self-defense world; I do not agree that the political tone of this gun forum is necessarily an immediate turn-off for them -- on the contrary, I suspect that this, and many other gun forums, tend to be far more welcoming to newcomers (the like-mindedness in regard to how one feels about guns and the 2nd Amendment seems to trump everything else for most gun folk) than many other types of internet forums.

I pay platinum member fees to support the forum; 25 bucks a quarter isn't too much to ask to keep the forum going -- note that in forums in which financial support is voluntary, most members don't pay anything at all, and it sometimes seems that the posters who are taking a free ride are the actual trolls or people with silly agendas (i.e., anti-cop, anti-government, extremist views from one side or the other, etc.)

Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Been away for the past few weeks and really busy. Just read through the 11 pages of this thread. I guess I have no suggestions for improvement at this time; I do admit that I've wondered where all the former participants in this once-vibrant forum disappeared to ... and since the posting declined dramatically once 594 went into effect -- well, it would appear that the gun sales/trades postings -- now sadly diminished -- were a major factor in the site's traffic.

One thing I always appreciated about this forum was the relative lack of anti-law enforcement rants (really, compared to many other national forums), so I was able to maintain my low blood pressure. I pretty much quit NWFA and a couple other forums due to the huge amounts of cop-bashing from the same old assclowns. TOS has some asinine members while this forum (in spite of some of the stupid juvenile avatars, sig lines and comments) has a large number of members whom I've met in person, immediately liked and respected. Also, the large number of vets on this site (compared to most) is reassuring and definitely provides something in common for many of us.

I disagree with the gentlemen who posits that "we" live in a city that's mostly non-white and non-conservative. "We" do NOT mostly live IN Seattle. Most of us reside in either the 'burbs, the North/East/South or West Sound areas. And, in my experience, most non-white gun guys do tend to be a lot more politically conservative that non-white anti-gun folk. I would agree that there seems to be an increasing amount of non-white folk getting into the firearms, gun sports and self-defense world; I do not agree that the political tone of this gun forum is necessarily an immediate turn-off for them -- on the contrary, I suspect that this, and many other gun forums, tend to be far more welcoming to newcomers (the like-mindedness in regard to how one feels about guns and the 2nd Amendment seems to trump everything else for most gun folk) than many other types of internet forums.

I pay platinum member fees to support the forum; 25 bucks a quarter isn't too much to ask to keep the forum going -- note that in forums in which financial support is voluntary, most members don't pay anything at all, and it sometimes seems that the posters who are taking a free ride are the actual trolls or people with silly agendas (i.e., anti-cop, anti-government, extremist views from one side or the other, etc.)
    There is cop bashing for a reason. Anti-govt, anti-LEO is not a "Silly" agenda. Some of us have not had good experiences with those entities in any capacity. Some of us are very aware of the "entitled" attitude cops have, some of us are also very aware (through personal experience) of the power tripped and bully mentality that many cops in our areas have. While some people most likely make statements based on heresay or opinion, others of us maintain our disdain based on personal experience. Wether it be encounters with LE and/or actually working as LE in a prior life.

It makes MY blood pressure raise, hearing people put the "pussy" on a pedestal (praising cops as if they walk on water). It's a naive view to have, their job is no more important than anyone else's on here. They don't deserve any special treatment unless they've personally earned it from someone. Blanket-statement-praises don't make any sense to me. They voluntarily signed the dotted line and are MORE than compensated with salary and benefits to go out every day and "fight crime", AKA fucking with people based on their personal biases and rarely off of professionalism. In my personal experience anyways.

While I have had a couple good experiences with cops (and I will give them credit where it's due), the negative FAR out weigh the positive.

P.S. Not to mention, but why would anyone support the very people that would/could/can/do enforce the very laws that put your ability to own a firearm at risk? For "political correctness"? Because you don't wanna be seen as the radical ass-hole?

Fire away Beau.

Last edited by brownsalamander; 09-13-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    " still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"

Feedback Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    There is cop bashing for a reason. Anti-govt, anti-LEO is not a "Silly" agenda. Some of us have not had good experiences with those entities in any capacity. Some of us are very aware of the "entitled" attitude cops have, some of us are also very aware (through personal experience) of the power tripped and bully mentality that many cops in our areas have. While some people most likely make statements based on heresay or opinion, others of us maintain our disdain based on personal experience. Wether it be encounters with LE and/or actually working as LE in a prior life.

It makes MY blood pressure raise, hearing people put the "pussy" on a pedestal (praising cops as if they walk on water). It's a naive view to have. They don't deserve any special treatment unless they've actually personally earned it from someone. Blanket-statement-praises don't make any sense to me. They voluntarily signed the dotted line and are MORE than compensated with salary and benefits to go out every day and "fight crime", AKA fucking with people based on their personal biases and rarely off of professionalism. In my personal experience anyways.

While I have had a couple good experiences with cops (and I will give them credit where it's due), the negative FAR out weigh the positive.

P.S. Not to mention, but why would anyone support the very people that would/could/can/do enforce the very laws that put your ability to own a firearm at risk? For "political correctness"? Because you don't wanna be seen as the radical ass-hole?

Fire away Beau.
    The cop bashers are typically military bashers too....would you take offense then? I am sure you would...

I never wore a uniform...military or LEO and I take offense....

"Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member