Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 176

Thread: This Forum..

  1. #111
    Operator brownsalamander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    JaBLaM-astan
    Posts
    2,986
    Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

    Re: This Forum..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    The cop bashers are typically military bashers too....would you take offense then? I am sure you would...

    I never wore a uniform...military or LEO and I take offense....
    On the contrary, I get even more pissed off when I hear veterans talking with the entitled mentality that is so prevelent right now. While there are a few people that im sure join for genuine patriotic reasons, many are kids who have nothing else going on in their life and need something to do. You wanna know who I don't hear with the entitled "I should be able to get a 6- figure paying job even though I have no education, BUT I do have 3 years in the Army and I want my dues by golly!"?. Vietnam vets. Korean War vets. Ww2 vets that I knew in the past but have since passed.

    True self-less service is just that. Self-less. That means you don't talk about it after, you don't run around telling total strangers "my ptsd can't handle this!", you don't pull the "I'm a vet give me respect and privilege right now" card, you don't seek attention and favoritism based on your military service. Once again, a soldiers job is no more important than a firefighters or janitor. They are just different scopes of practice.

    There is an exception... Veterans and Memorial Day, and if there was a day for emergency services... I would shut my mouth and give them their day. I just can't stand the entitled attitude that is running rampant in our country these days, and yes that includes military and LEO's. Especially since there are many vets that are LE, and bring that attitude with them.

    I will end this on a reflective note, Perhaps it's my self-centered attitude that doesn't allow me to have empathy in considering how others deal with their service or LE duty. For me, it's not that I'm not proud of my time, I just can't understand why people feel the need to talk about it on a constant basis.

    Last edited by brownsalamander; 09-13-2015 at 01:31 PM.
    " still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"

  2. #112
    Tactical Operator foothills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Shelton/Hoodsport
    Posts
    3,691
    Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

    Re: This Forum..

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    There is cop bashing for a reason. Anti-govt, anti-LEO is not a "Silly" agenda. Some of us have not had good experiences with those entities in any capacity. Some of us are very aware of the "entitled" attitude cops have, some of us are also very aware (through personal experience) of the power tripped and bully mentality that many cops in our areas have. While some people most likely make statements based on heresay or opinion, others of us maintain our disdain based on personal experience. Wether it be encounters with LE and/or actually working as LE in a prior life.

    It makes MY blood pressure raise, hearing people put the "pussy" on a pedestal (praising cops as if they walk on water). It's a naive view to have, their job is no more important than anyone else's on here. They don't deserve any special treatment unless they've personally earned it from someone. Blanket-statement-praises don't make any sense to me. They voluntarily signed the dotted line and are MORE than compensated with salary and benefits to go out every day and "fight crime", AKA fucking with people based on their personal biases and rarely off of professionalism. In my personal experience anyways.

    While I have had a couple good experiences with cops (and I will give them credit where it's due), the negative FAR out weigh the positive.


    P.S. Not to mention, but why would anyone support the very people that would/could/can/do enforce the very laws that put your ability to own a firearm at risk? For "political correctness"? Because you don't wanna be seen as the radical ass-hole?

    Fire away Beau.
    I have just the opposite experiences...and the negatives are usually because of my own doing.

    So no bashing...

    "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence; true friendship is a plant of slow growth," --George Washington,1783

  3. #113
    Sharp Shooter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Sound
    Posts
    659
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Re: This Forum..

    Gosh, Brownsalamander, sounds like you've always hung out in the wrong parts of town at the wrong times ... Most folks get through their whole lives with their only encounters with cops being when they're pulled over for a traffic violation or if they become the unfortunate victim of a crime.

    but why would anyone support the very people that would/could/can/do enforce the very laws that put your ability to own a firearm at risk?
    Huh? 'Splain, please, as I'm pretty sure most of us gun-owners obey those pesky laws that if violated, put our abilities to own firearms at risk? You know, those petty rules that say we shouldn't smack our wives (or domestic partners) around, put illegal drugs (or sell same) into our systems, or otherwise commit felony infractions. At least in Washington state, you have to actually try to get convicted of a felony or gross DV misdemeanor ...


  4. #114
    Operator brownsalamander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    JaBLaM-astan
    Posts
    2,986
    Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

    Re: This Forum..

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Gosh, Brownsalamander, sounds like you've always hung out in the wrong parts of town at the wrong times ... Most folks get through their whole lives with their only encounters with cops being when they're pulled over for a traffic violation or if they become the unfortunate victim of a crime.

    Huh? 'Splain, please, as I'm pretty sure most of us gun-owners obey those pesky laws that if violated, put our abilities to own firearms at risk? You know, those petty rules that say we shouldn't smack our wives (or domestic partners) around, put illegal drugs (or sell same) into our systems, or otherwise commit felony infractions. At least in Washington state, you have to actually try to get convicted of a felony or gross DV misdemeanor ...
    I def had my younger days, I'll leave it at that. Make no mistake, those days I know what I did wrong. After that is another story. There was a time when I became "self-aware" and began to realize that in situations like that I should keep my mouth shut. Even after personally doing the job (in a capacity) of LE, I began to learn the ins and outs of LE. I worked very very closely with local PD's in thurston and Pierce county. From my experience I am not impressed. Not in the least. The amount of case "shit-canning", entitled behavior, once bullied turned bully mentality, and cut throat/blue falcon mentalities have left a very sour taste in my mouth for LE.

    The problem is, that most people don't want to hear that their beloved local LE are not the hottest thing since sliced bread. So, when someone speaks up with a little truth, it's usually not the most popular opinion. People like to believe their ideas, however false they may really be. To include myself.

    The argument could also be made that I can't judge a group off the actions of a few. While I don't dispute that, I personally have had enough experience with them, on both sides of the fence that I will not take the time to sort out the good from the bad. If they (cops) want my respect they can each individually earn my respect. Since that will likely never happen, because they don't owe me anything, my image of them will continue to stay the same.

    Last edited by brownsalamander; 09-13-2015 at 02:05 PM.
    " still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"

  5. #115
    Patrolman Army203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    2,355
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

    Re: This Forum..

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    I def had my younger days, I'll leave it at that. Make no mistake, those days I know what I did wrong. After that is another story. There was a time when I became "self-aware" and began to realize that in situations like that I should keep my mouth shut. Even after personally doing the job (in a capacity) of LE, I began to learn the ins and outs of LE. I worked very very closely with local PD's in thurston and Pierce county. From my experience I am not impressed. Not in the least. The amount of case "shit-canning", entitled behavior, once bullied turned bully mentality, and cut throat/blue falcon mentalities have left a very sour taste in my mouth for LE.

    The problem is, that most people don't want to hear that their beloved local LE are not the hottest thing since sliced bread. So, when someone speaks up with a little truth, it's usually not the most popular opinion. People like to believe their ideas, however false they may really be. To include myself.

    The argument could also be made that I can't judge a group off the actions of a few. While I don't dispute that, I personally have had enough experience with them, on both sides of the fence that I will not take the time to sort out the good from the bad. If they (cops) want my respect they can each individually earn my respect. Since that will likely never happen, because they don't owe me anything, my image of them will continue to stay the same.
    Fucking MPs. Pulling people over for a mile over, while getting skull from some dude's wife on Pendleton ave.....


    Honestly, you sound like your past has caught up to you in the civilian world. Do I think Vets should have better treatment for what they do? Damn right I do. I even feel that they should have a better shot at getting a Government paying job above everyone else if they are qualified to do it. Will it always be the best paying job, nope. Talk to any Government employee and they will tell you that BNSF has better wages ,benefits ,and retirement.

    As long as you weren't some D-bag vet I am fine with them beating their drum. They have hopefully earned that right. As long as a cook says they were a Fobbit, and an MP admits they were the biggest Jack Boot thug since the Gestapo

    I for one, am happy we don't have the Jackass membership like TOS has. Thank god for tinfoil.....

    Last edited by Army203; 09-13-2015 at 02:41 PM.
    Everything happens for a reason. But sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.
    Mickey Mouse for President 2016 (Ind) give the big eared fucker a chance.

  6. #116
    Operator brownsalamander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    JaBLaM-astan
    Posts
    2,986
    Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

    Re: This Forum..

    Damn those MP's straight to hell!

    Thats the problem, there are too many people full of crap to make me interested in sifting through it. lol, and no, my past isn't "catching up to me".

    Last edited by brownsalamander; 09-13-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    " still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"

  7. #117
    Ranger StrkAliteN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    north Snohomish co
    Posts
    1,202
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Re: This Forum..

    FPNI

    594 was a big kick in the balls

    But honestly even before that it was pure buyers greed in practically everything that was posted for sale.

    I sold a few items on this board about 4-5 years ago when it was booming. Then I lost interest in posting anything else for sale on the site as I could easily get 20-30% more listing things elsewhere ( yes including other local gunboards )

    It seemed that none of the members here were EVER interested in buying something unless they were getting the 'deal of a lifetime'

    Just my .02 cents worth ... maybe your selling experiences were different.

    Last edited by StrkAliteN; 09-15-2015 at 12:15 AM.

  8. #118
    Sniper Webster82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in SnoHo
    Posts
    5,489
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: This Forum..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    I would like to reveal myself as "The Troll" or at least one of them. I can accept that. I know the gay manicorn startled a few....

    I have gone at it with both Webster and Leadcounsel on here...and why we all may just have agreed to disagree...I consider them acquaintances at the very least. Shit, Webster wishes me a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a great 4th of July every year via text!
    I have to admit with Mr. Bronco that I've trolled too. But I think the manicorn shit was funny as hell.

    I remember having those hot button topics with Mr. B a few times, but he's not the only one. I have had my fair share of going at it with some gents and being corrected on many things. But regardless of that fact, I respect every gent here.

    Mr. B, just let me know if the texts drive you nuts.

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    There is cop bashing for a reason. Anti-govt, anti-LEO is not a "Silly" agenda. Some of us have not had good experiences with those entities in any capacity. Some of us are very aware of the "entitled" attitude cops have, some of us are also very aware (through personal experience) of the power tripped and bully mentality that many cops in our areas have. While some people most likely make statements based on heresay or opinion, others of us maintain our disdain based on personal experience. Wether it be encounters with LE and/or actually working as LE in a prior life.

    It makes MY blood pressure raise, hearing people put the "pussy" on a pedestal (praising cops as if they walk on water). It's a naive view to have, their job is no more important than anyone else's on here. They don't deserve any special treatment unless they've personally earned it from someone. Blanket-statement-praises don't make any sense to me. They voluntarily signed the dotted line and are MORE than compensated with salary and benefits to go out every day and "fight crime", AKA fucking with people based on their personal biases and rarely off of professionalism. In my personal experience anyways.

    While I have had a couple good experiences with cops (and I will give them credit where it's due), the negative FAR out weigh the positive.


    P.S. Not to mention, but why would anyone support the very people that would/could/can/do enforce the very laws that put your ability to own a firearm at risk? For "political correctness"? Because you don't wanna be seen as the radical ass-hole?
    I think it would be justified to bash the INDIVIDUAL LEO that breaks the law or harms a citizen without just cause. But a blanket statement to bash all LEO is quite an exaggeration. It is reasonable to believe that LEO's do have a personal reason to search out the wicked to bring them to justice. It is also reasonable to assume that there are bad eggs out there. Just like there are in any profession. But the "negative experiences [sic] far out weigh the positive" is a hyperbole or highly biased.

    "but why would anyone support the very people that would/could/can/do enforce the very laws that put your ability to own a firearm at risk? For "political correctness"? Because you don't wanna be seen as the radical ass-hole?"

    Cops are just like any one of us. They are human beings. They love, they hate, they laugh, they cry, they bleed and can be killed. Why do I support and respect them? Because, even though they sign on the dotted line and they are compensated for their time, I respect that they are some of the very few who risk their very lives to save mine. And though they can be compensated, I do not believe it is enough. You have computer programers, politicians, lawyers, and construction workers that make WAY MORE and sacrifice WAY LESS, or not at all.

    Let me ask you this in return; If every LEO were to strike or quit right now, what would you do? How would you fight crime? Who would go after the wicked? You?

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    On the contrary, I get even more pissed off when I hear veterans talking with the entitled mentality that is so prevelent right now. While there are a few people that im sure join for genuine patriotic reasons, many are kids who have nothing else going on in their life and need something to do. You wanna know who I don't hear with the entitled "I should be able to get a 6- figure paying job even though I have no education, BUT I do have 3 years in the Army and I want my dues by golly!"?. Vietnam vets. Korean War vets. Ww2 vets that I knew in the past but have since passed.

    True self-less service is just that. Self-less. That means you don't talk about it after, you don't run around telling total strangers "my ptsd can't handle this!", you don't pull the "I'm a vet give me respect and privilege right now" card, you don't seek attention and favoritism based on your military service. Once again, a soldiers job is no more important than a firefighters or janitor. They are just different scopes of practice.

    There is an exception... Veterans and Memorial Day, and if there was a day for emergency services... I would shut my mouth and give them their day. I just can't stand the entitled attitude that is running rampant in our country these days, and yes that includes military and LEO's. Especially since there are many vets that are LE, and bring that attitude with them.

    I will end this on a reflective note, Perhaps it's my self-centered attitude that doesn't allow me to have empathy in considering how others deal with their service or LE duty. For me, it's not that I'm not proud of my time, I just can't understand why people feel the need to talk about it on a constant basis.
    I think you have a bunch of exaggerated statements in your post.

    First, there are many kids that join the military because they have nothing else going on in their life and need something to do. That's a statement that is filled with a ton of bullshit. If you take the time to ask every single Sailor, Soldier, Airmen and Marine why they joined, you might get 1% who say "I had nothing better to do with my life."

    Secondly, lets really look at that group of Men who "don't have that entitlement mentality" for just a second. Veterans from WW2, the Korean War and Vietnam War are made of groups of different generations who don't share much in common with each other. Each war was different, each outcome was different, and the US treated each Vet differently. In WW2, there was a real sense of Pride and Honor in the US. And the enemy was, by all accounts, evil. There wasn't much of a war during the Korean War to have a lasting effect upon the Vets or the US. But lets look at the Vietnam War. This was a political war in which the military was used for political gain. The tactics were brutal and long lasting. And Vets still have a hard time recovering. It doesn't help that the US shit on them when they returned to.

    Lets look at today's Vets. Unlike the previous wars, our Vets are having to return to war multiple times. It's also our longest standing war we've have to endure to. We are also dealing with some sadistic assholes that love torturing people. And unlike most of the previous wars, there is no defined enemy to fight. Vietnam comes close to it, but we were still able to fight against a uniformed opponent for the most part. In OIF and OEF, there is no enemy.

    One more point that a counselor identified was the downtime. In previous wars, Vets were able to decompress with some the stresses of war during their travel time back to the states. It took weeks or months for units to return back home where the Vets talked about their war stories. Today, it only takes 12 to 24 hours to come home. And most Vets put in their ear plugs or whatever and completely disassociate from their comrades. This disconnection has a long term psychological effect on the Vets coming home. Coupled with the repeated deployments and you have ticking time bombs walking around in uniform.

    Third, I want to entitlement mentality post service. I have yet to meet a fellow Veteran that says, "I should be able to get a 6- figure paying job even though I have no education, BUT I do have 3 years in the Army and I want my dues by golly!" In fact, I think they the Veterans are getting shit on more and more. Here is the current base pay for the military and the break down of that pay:

    E1 - 1 year - $1,546.80 = If worked only a 40 hour work week would be: $9.67/hour. But reality is that they are on call 24 hours a day which equals out to be about $2.15/hour.
    E9 - 18+ years - 5,465.10 = $34.15/hour/40 hour work week. Reality: $7.60/hour.

    01 - 1 year - $2,934.30 = $18.34/hour/40 work week. Reality: $4.07/hour.
    08 - 18+ years - $12,827.10 = $80.17/hour/40 work week. Reality: $17.82/hour.

    And that's just looking at the disrespectful compensation. The mentality, the poor living conditions (minus the Chair Force), the long hours, the sacrifice of leaving their families multiple times and the broken system they get to look forward to upon discharge, should give any reasonable person enough excuse to quit. Oh, and if they should die, the government gives a meager $250,000 to their families for life insurance. In my book, they deserve FAR MORE respect and compensation than what we give them. We, the people of the United States of America, has continued to fail those that have sacrificed much or sacrificed all to protect their country. And they deserve more respect than to have some snot nosed little turd make false allegations that Service Members and Veterans have an "entitlement mentality."

    But then again, some "entitled" Sailor, Soldier, Airmen, or Marine served OR died on some distant battlefield so YOU can enjoy your inherent right to express your entitled, misguided opinion under your 1st Amendment Right. Just remember that someone bleed crimson so you can shit on their legacy.

    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

  9. #119
    Sniper MorrisWR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sammamish
    Posts
    6,066
    Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

    Re: This Forum..

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Ass check for gerbil in aisle 9!! Stat.

    I will NOT modulate my comments about Hillary. No way. She a criminal and she is way to close to the office of the President for me to hold my tongue.
    I don't feel people should not say what they believe, at least to a point. I like the debates that happen here, even if I disagree. There have been many times that someone has changed my mind with good information or showing me something I had not thought of. That is why debate is a good thing. It would be pretty damn boring if we all agreed and praised each other.

    Speaking to a comment a while back from someone about the majority here being anti-Liberal and Conservative, I don't buy that. There are times when people say Liberal when they really don't mean Liberals but mean anti-freedom or anti-liberty. I could easily be taken for a Conservative Republican but I am not. I throw off even my friends and family because I am a Christian (who doesn't go to Church). I have voted Democrat in the past and Republican. I dislike all of the Bush clan, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Clintons, Obama, and pretty much all lying politicians. I believe any adult can sleep with any other adult if they want, take whatever drugs they want. And pretty much do as they wish if it harms nobody but themselves. I believe in Freedom and that is good enough for me. I expect people to respect my right ot the same. When people begin to take power away from another person or group and control them, they are on my list of scum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo View Post
    I also have to mention, about half the post in this thread, is classic sgn...lol

    I like it and want to see more of it.

    Yes we want to see more gun deals, gun talk, hunting pics, sports talk and all that, but having a good time, joking around and making each other laugh, is one of the things, that has made this site over the years.
    The one reason I am still here is I enjoy the entertaining comments. I even like trolls...

    Quote Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
    FPNI

    594 was a big kick in the balls

    But honestly even before that it was pure buyers greed in practically everything that was posted for sale.

    I sold a few items on this board about 4-5 years ago when it was booming. Then I lost interest in posting anything else for sale on the site as I could easily get 20-30% more listing things elsewhere ( yes including other local gunboards )

    It seemed that none of the members here were EVER interested in buying something unless they were getting the 'deal of a lifetime'

    Just my .02 cents worth ... maybe your selling experiences were different.
    I miss the days when people would make lowball offers and crap for a gun. I've listed a few guns here in the past year for decent prices but never even got a lowball offer so I just pulled them and sold them elsewhere. It seems there isn't enough traffic these days to get things sold unless you want to mark it way down.

    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams to Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts 1798

  10. #120
    Operator brownsalamander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    JaBLaM-astan
    Posts
    2,986
    Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

    Re: This Forum..

    Quote Originally Posted by Webster82 View Post
    I have to admit with Mr. Bronco that I've trolled too. But I think the manicorn shit was funny as hell.

    I remember having those hot button topics with Mr. B a few times, but he's not the only one. I have had my fair share of going at it with some gents and being corrected on many things. But regardless of that fact, I respect every gent here.

    Mr. B, just let me know if the texts drive you nuts.



    I think it would be justified to bash the INDIVIDUAL LEO that breaks the law or harms a citizen without just cause. But a blanket statement to bash all LEO is quite an exaggeration. It is reasonable to believe that LEO's do have a personal reason to search out the wicked to bring them to justice. It is also reasonable to assume that there are bad eggs out there. Just like there are in any profession. But the "negative experiences [sic] far out weigh the positive" is a hyperbole or highly biased.

    "but why would anyone support the very people that would/could/can/do enforce the very laws that put your ability to own a firearm at risk? For "political correctness"? Because you don't wanna be seen as the radical ass-hole?"

    Cops are just like any one of us. They are human beings. They love, they hate, they laugh, they cry, they bleed and can be killed. Why do I support and respect them? Because, even though they sign on the dotted line and they are compensated for their time, I respect that they are some of the very few who risk their very lives to save mine. And though they can be compensated, I do not believe it is enough. You have computer programers, politicians, lawyers, and construction workers that make WAY MORE and sacrifice WAY LESS, or not at all.

    Let me ask you this in return; If every LEO were to strike or quit right now, what would you do? How would you fight crime? Who would go after the wicked? You?



    I think you have a bunch of exaggerated statements in your post.

    First, there are many kids that join the military because they have nothing else going on in their life and need something to do. That's a statement that is filled with a ton of bullshit. If you take the time to ask every single Sailor, Soldier, Airmen and Marine why they joined, you might get 1% who say "I had nothing better to do with my life."

    Secondly, lets really look at that group of Men who "don't have that entitlement mentality" for just a second. Veterans from WW2, the Korean War and Vietnam War are made of groups of different generations who don't share much in common with each other. Each war was different, each outcome was different, and the US treated each Vet differently. In WW2, there was a real sense of Pride and Honor in the US. And the enemy was, by all accounts, evil. There wasn't much of a war during the Korean War to have a lasting effect upon the Vets or the US. But lets look at the Vietnam War. This was a political war in which the military was used for political gain. The tactics were brutal and long lasting. And Vets still have a hard time recovering. It doesn't help that the US shit on them when they returned to.

    Lets look at today's Vets. Unlike the previous wars, our Vets are having to return to war multiple times. It's also our longest standing war we've have to endure to. We are also dealing with some sadistic assholes that love torturing people. And unlike most of the previous wars, there is no defined enemy to fight. Vietnam comes close to it, but we were still able to fight against a uniformed opponent for the most part. In OIF and OEF, there is no enemy.

    One more point that a counselor identified was the downtime. In previous wars, Vets were able to decompress with some the stresses of war during their travel time back to the states. It took weeks or months for units to return back home where the Vets talked about their war stories. Today, it only takes 12 to 24 hours to come home. And most Vets put in their ear plugs or whatever and completely disassociate from their comrades. This disconnection has a long term psychological effect on the Vets coming home. Coupled with the repeated deployments and you have ticking time bombs walking around in uniform.

    Third, I want to entitlement mentality post service. I have yet to meet a fellow Veteran that says, "I should be able to get a 6- figure paying job even though I have no education, BUT I do have 3 years in the Army and I want my dues by golly!" In fact, I think they the Veterans are getting shit on more and more. Here is the current base pay for the military and the break down of that pay:

    E1 - 1 year - $1,546.80 = If worked only a 40 hour work week would be: $9.67/hour. But reality is that they are on call 24 hours a day which equals out to be about $2.15/hour.
    E9 - 18+ years - 5,465.10 = $34.15/hour/40 hour work week. Reality: $7.60/hour.

    01 - 1 year - $2,934.30 = $18.34/hour/40 work week. Reality: $4.07/hour.
    08 - 18+ years - $12,827.10 = $80.17/hour/40 work week. Reality: $17.82/hour.

    And that's just looking at the disrespectful compensation. The mentality, the poor living conditions (minus the Chair Force), the long hours, the sacrifice of leaving their families multiple times and the broken system they get to look forward to upon discharge, should give any reasonable person enough excuse to quit. Oh, and if they should die, the government gives a meager $250,000 to their families for life insurance. In my book, they deserve FAR MORE respect and compensation than what we give them. We, the people of the United States of America, has continued to fail those that have sacrificed much or sacrificed all to protect their country. And they deserve more respect than to have some snot nosed little turd make false allegations that Service Members and Veterans have an "entitlement mentality."

    But then again, some "entitled" Sailor, Soldier, Airmen, or Marine served OR died on some distant battlefield so YOU can enjoy your inherent right to express your entitled, misguided opinion under your 1st Amendment Right. Just remember that someone bleed crimson so you can shit on their legacy.

    Lol. Alright bud. You got it all figured out. Among the many fallacies in your retort, let's start with the compensation. Let's look at the free healthcare, overtly affordable dental and free food if they are single or deployed. A married soldier also makes BAH and BAS. There are numerous other pay entitlements based on their "on-call status", some units have a constantly flowing "separation/hazard pay" depending on their frequency of getting deployed? EOD for instance, if they are on a shift cycle, will be entitled danger pay. Yes, EOD does shift work even stateside.

    How long were you an NCO in the military assisting your young soldiers acqyiring what they needed?

    You're trying to be a white knight when you know there is a smidgen of truth in what I say. Or else someone else would have spoken up before. This isn't the 80's anymore. Soldiers are payed exactly what they are worth and then some if you count the bennies. The low pay for an E-1 is incentive to do better and get promoted. What you left out is the fact that all the way to E-4 is an automatic promotion. E-3 to E-4 is one of the biggest pay bumps in the army. So as long as a soldier doesn't fuck up, they will be making decent money once again in no time at all. Idk where you got 250k SGLI from, but it is currently at 400k SGLI and if you're deployed you get an additional 100k within a timely manner (your family gets it), in the unfortunate event of your passing. You're either intentionally misconstruing facts to support your bias or you just didn't do your research before posting. With rarely any college education, sometimes not even a high school diploma, what would the equivalent potential hiree get payed for the same level of experience to do another job that doesn't require much from entry level position?

    Reaf ad what I am saying. No where did I say that soldiers should be spat on, ignored, neglected etc. There seems to be a misconception on the current welfare of soldiers. like I said before, this isn't the 80's anymore, soldiers are treated much better these days. As they should be, jus not above and beyond any other profession. The VA is a whole other story.

    Those soldiers signed the dotted line, just as I once did, and you possibly did. What do you expect conditions to be like?

    Last edited by brownsalamander; 09-15-2015 at 10:41 AM.
    " still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •